WHERE HAVE DEMOCRATS GONE WRONG ???????????????????????????????????????

Page 1 of 61234>Last »
Poll
5 votes (71.42%)
2 votes (28.57%)
4 votes (57.14%)
2 votes (28.57%)
3 votes (42.85%)
2 votes (28.57%)
2 votes (28.57%)
1 vote (14.28%)
3 votes (42.85%)
1 vote (14.28%)

7 members have voted

February 11th, 2017 at 1:51:50 PM permalink
buzzardknot
Threads: 7
The President is Republican, Republicans control the Senate and House of Representatives, Trump will be appointing Supreme Court Judges.

33 Governors are Republican 68 state legislative chamber as Republican. Republicans control both chambers in 32 states, including 17 with veto-proof majorities. Those 32 states contain 61% of the U.S. population.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/11/14/1598918/-Republicans-now-dominate-state-government-with-32-legislatures-and-33-governors

How did this happen ???
February 11th, 2017 at 1:57:58 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Aggressive and sometimes illegal gerrymandering.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
February 11th, 2017 at 2:55:52 PM permalink
buzzardknot
Quote: Dalex64
Aggressive and sometimes illegal gerrymandering.

REALLY ? Gerrymandering for Governors and U.S. Senators. Evidently Stinky is your political mentor.
February 11th, 2017 at 2:57:02 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
Threads: 17
Quote: buzzardknot
The President is Republican, Republicans control the Senate and House of Representatives, Trump will be appointing Supreme Court Judges.

33 Governors are Republican 68 state legislative chamber as Republican. Republicans control both chambers in 32 states, including 17 with veto-proof majorities. Those 32 states contain 61% of the U.S. population.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/11/14/1598918/-Republicans-now-dominate-state-government-with-32-legislatures-and-33-governors

How did this happen ???

The Democrats haven't gone anywhere. They are still a majority of the country's citizens and voters. The Republinazis have temporarily seized power via gerrymandering, election fraud, and voter suppression, but it's a temporary situation.

You can look at the way things are already unraveling for them. Trump losing battle after battle and reacting like a spoiled child each time. Republican Congressmen hiding from crowds of angry citizens by canceling town hall meetings. Senators disavowing Trump in order to preserve their fading chances of getting reelected. It's all coming apart, and so fast!

Their mistake has been to ignore the people and pretend they have a mandate. Voters--even Trumpers--will realize what happens when Republicans are in power. The lives of all people who aren't nasty, rich old white fooks will get worse, and many, many people will die, as a direct result of Republican rule. Then the quiet revolution will begin.
February 11th, 2017 at 2:58:36 PM permalink
buzzardknot
The Republinazis have temporarily seized power via gerrymandering, election fraud, and voter suppression, but it's a temporary situation.

Who told you all that, Easter Bunny ?

Gerrymandering, election fraud , voter suppression and the people of 32 states with 61% of the population didn't even notice.

Gerrymandering for US SENATORS, Gee I thought it was 2 to a state,

Can't you post anything that makes senses besides your usual dribble ?
February 11th, 2017 at 3:07:03 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
Threads: 17
The Republinazis have temporarily seized power via gerrymandering, election fraud, and voter suppression, but it's a temporary situation.

Who told you all that, Easter Bunny ?

Gerrymandering, election fraud , voter suppression and the people of 32 states with 61% of the population didn't even notice.

Gerrymandering for US SENATORS, Gee I thought it was 2 to a state,

Can't you post anything that makes senses besides your usual dribble ?

Turn off the nastiness or I won't even bother to communicate with you. You and I disagree, but you can't seem to do so without being a jerk about it.

And this is where you say "no, I'm not" or "SO ARE YOU!!!"

Whatever. I see no value in you, your views, what you have to say, what you think, what you feel, or what you had for breakfast this morning. Feel free to think or say that that is because I feel utterly defeated by your ineffable and irresistible logic.

Go be nasty to someone else now.
February 11th, 2017 at 4:09:58 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
REALLY ? Gerrymandering for Governors and U.S. Senators. Evidently Stinky is your political mentor.

So your counter argument is, since those offices don't have districts, the ones that do are not gerrymandered?

Aside from the nastiness, if you aren't going to be intellectually honest, Stinky is right, it isn't worth discussing with you.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
February 11th, 2017 at 8:26:09 PM permalink
buzzardknot
Quote: Dalex64
So your counter argument is, since those offices don't have districts, the ones that do are not gerrymandered?

Aside from the nastiness, if you aren't going to be intellectually honest, Stinky is right, it isn't worth discussing with you.

Yes I see. Ignore The Republican Majority just about everywhere. Keep telling yourself the Democrats would be in power, were it not for
charges that are idiotic beyond belief.
Stinky and you see nastiness whenever anyone challenges your point of view.

It's either put up or shut up time. I commend you on your choice.
February 12th, 2017 at 6:10:11 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

How did this happen ???

It happened because of a leadership out of the mainstream of the views of middle America. It happened because of a Democrat leadership who thinks CA and NYC represent the nation. Average Americans do not want boys in the girls dressing room with their daughters. They do not want refugees handed a gold pass of free housing and support while thousands of our own vets wait for basic medical care or/and are living on the streets. They do not want their kids made into idiots with Common Core education methods. They do not want open borders. They are tired of BLM and other groups blocking traffic and rioting yet given a pass.

Some of us warned about Obama in 2008. The GOP probably stood no chance given how Bush just let himself be attacked to the point even supporters had no enthusiasm. But McCain fought the election battle with Steve Lombardi as his role model. So America had to experience it.

Democrats were blind to what was happening downticket since they were so goo-goo over Obama being in the White House. Now they are looking around wondering what happened. They are largely still fooling themselves thinking CA is the national mood. CA has become a near parallel society to the rest of the USA.

Looking at it broadly, we are in a once every 3 generations (80 years or so) cultural battle. 1776, 1861, 1932-45 were previous shiftings. This one is that big. The GOP needs to be aware that liberalism is never dead. This struggle is just in the top of the 1st inning. Hold on.
The President is a fink.
February 12th, 2017 at 7:00:53 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
I am amused that everyone declared the Republicans dead a few years ago; now many are saying the same thing about the Democrats.

Trump is a polarizing figure who may be doing many of the things he promised to do...that gives rise to both supporters (see, he is actually following through) and non-supporters (crap, he is actually following through). As much as we know that big women's march was financed by people like Soros, there were a lot of women there who don't like Trump and will be part of the return of the Democrat party.

I guess the point is that neither party really dies quite as quickly as many seem to claim they have died...

Someday, these people may be right and a party may die. They will have been wrong many times before they are finally right...
Page 1 of 61234>Last »