WHERE HAVE DEMOCRATS GONE WRONG ???????????????????????????????????????

Page 3 of 6<123456>
Poll
5 votes (71.42%)
2 votes (28.57%)
4 votes (57.14%)
2 votes (28.57%)
3 votes (42.85%)
2 votes (28.57%)
2 votes (28.57%)
1 vote (14.28%)
3 votes (42.85%)
1 vote (14.28%)

7 members have voted

February 12th, 2017 at 3:45:49 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
Threads: 17
And by the way, it's all going RIGHT for Democrats now...as the Orange Orangutan experiences defeat after defeat, reacts to those defeats with his usual good grace, Republican congressmen are being broiled by their constituents and are cancelling town hall meetings (the cowards!), and Republican senators are backing away from the OO the way dogs back away from a rotting corpse.

The Democratic strategy is simple and effective. Just sit back and watch while it all comes apart for Trump and the Republicans. It's possible that not a single Republican congressional or senatorial candidate will be elected in 2018, and that's nothing compared to the coming bloodbath in 2020. Sanity and decency will be in control of this country once again, and people will be ashamed to even admit that they once were Republicans.

Revel in your final days of Breitbart and alt-right white supremacy, Trumpers. Give in to your impulses and beat up a Muslim while you still can! You KNOW you want to.
February 12th, 2017 at 4:15:39 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: stinkingliberal

The Democratic strategy is simple and effective. Just sit back and watch while it all comes apart for Trump and the Republicans. .

But but, that was the same strategy used
during the campaign. Laugh and laugh
and sit back till Trump implodes. It was
said here a hundred times. How did that
work out for ya..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 12th, 2017 at 4:43:15 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
Quote: Evenbob
work out for ya..

For "ya," (me), I couldn't say, because that wasn't my strategy. I didn't have a strategy. I wasn't part of the Democratic campaign. If I had been in charge of the Democratic campaign, I would have had her feed fantasies to the dumb redneck beer-swilling assholes in trailer parks in the flyover states. Promise them anything. They're too dumb to realize when they're being lied to anyway.

As far as how viable that strategy was for Democrats, there was no reason to think it wouldn't work. EVERYBODY--Republicans and Democrats alike--thought that the Orange Orangutan was unelectable (Pence-toady let it slip that HE thought so). Don't forget, the Repubs fought like demons to deny him the nomination. They thought he was a horrible candidate.

It's like the betting line on a mismatch. The huge underdog MAY win, but you go with the favorite. And if the underdog does win somehow, that doesn't mean you were wrong to predict that the favorite would win.

The current Democrat strategy of wait-and-see may backfire. The entire country may suddenly cleave to our new Fuhrer and we'll have torchlight parades throughout the land. People will hold Mexican lynching parties and mobs will burn down mosques and falafel stands. It COULD happen. But the trouble is, the Republicans don't really have an effective internal terror apparatus like the Gestapo. Thus, they can't punish dissent within their own party. I think the Trump lucky streak will run out.

The biggest reason he will fail is that trying to be a President (and failing horribly so far) is MUCH more difficult and complicated than zipping around the country and chanting hate slogans in front of adoring mobs. Now, he's accountable for the things he does and says. Then, he wasn't.
February 12th, 2017 at 5:10:17 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
work out for ya..

Liberals totally do not understand the Trump voter. They think the average Trump voter lives in a shack of a home, is trying to keep their 1988 Chevy Celebrity on the road just another year or so, is missing a front tooth, and spits Skoal all over the place while standing around telling Black jokes.

The Democrat Party is nearly completely rudderless at the moment. If it was a slow day they would make an issue of Trump being a bad example for liking Diet Coke instead of something more healthy. Their attitude about who they think Trump voters are is not going to win any over.
The President is a fink.
February 12th, 2017 at 5:28:42 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
because that wasn't my strategy..

It was the media strategy, and now it's
yours? They were laughing and talking
implosion right up to election day.
That failed miserably, so now his presidency
will implode. When that fails to happen,
it will be his imploding re-election. After
8 years in office they'll finally be exhausted
and shut up about it.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 12th, 2017 at 5:39:08 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
The strategy for liberals now is simple:

Make life as miserable as possible for Donald.
Make him feel illegitimate and under appreciated.
Make sure he knows how crappy his approval ratings are.

The man is delusional, and in all likelihood, mentally ill. We must do all we can to push him over the edge.

(And it's kinda fun too.)
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 12th, 2017 at 7:02:28 PM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Quote: AZDuffman
Liberals totally do not understand the Trump voter. They think the average Trump voter lives in a shack of a home, is trying to keep their 1988 Chevy Celebrity on the road just another year or so, is missing a front tooth, and spits Skoal all over the place while standing around telling Black jokes.

I don't know why you're picking on my uncles.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
February 12th, 2017 at 7:21:15 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
Quote: AZDuffman

You forgot the part about the average Trump voter's below-average IQ. Probably in the low 80s. But Trump loves them dum-dums!
February 12th, 2017 at 8:27:39 PM permalink
buzzardknot
Threads: 7
You're really skating close to the line on personal insults, and while I've been tolerating your childishness without reporting it to the moderators, I won't do so forever.

You basically just called me a white supremacist (don't try to weasel out of it), and I don't appreciate it at all. You and I disagree on a lot of things, but that doesn't mean you get to get nasty. Tone it down! NOW! Or I'll get your ass suspended.

HaHa
February 12th, 2017 at 9:09:16 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
You're really skating close to the line on personal insults, and while I've been tolerating your childishness without reporting it to the moderators, I won't do so forever.

You basically just called me a white supremacist (don't try to weasel out of it), and I don't appreciate it at all. You and I disagree on a lot of things, but that doesn't mean you get to get nasty. Tone it down! NOW! Or I'll get your ass suspended.

I didn't see much "weaseling" at all.

I think you failed to get his point at all...you are way too preoccupied with trying to make everything a personal insult so everyone can get suspended just as much as you have been.

Think about it...

The accusation was that lots of white supremacists pay attention to Breitbart because they had high numbers.

His statement implied that lots a Liberals watching SNL.

An apology from you to EB is in order even though he did not ask for one. I will bet against him getting one...

(BTW--I have never read BB and I never watch SNL anymore. I may start again but it was best used like a sleeping pill for the past few years)
Page 3 of 6<123456>