February 21st, 2017 at 7:38:48 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: terapined
WTF
ESPN pushing black QB's????????????
ROTFL
Some guy at ESPN likes a black QB over a white QB and the right goes bonkers

Not "some guy" but rather network policy. Black QBs have been pushed since Warren Moon. No reason for it. Limbaugh pointed this out and ESPN could not have someone calling them out.

Quote: ams288
Can someone explain to me why ESPN "pushing black QBs" is an example of their liberal bias?

Because it is about promoting the importance of skin color, a liberal position (see: Affirmative Action.)

Quote:
I watch a lot of college basketball
Are you upset that the sport is dominated by Blacks? lol

I don't watch basketball, I dislike the sport. Hated playing it, hate watching it.

If there is an office pool for March Madness I always pick Duke to take it all and the rest is either based on seeding, a school or city I like for one reason or another, or a pure guess.
The President is a fink.
February 21st, 2017 at 8:11:27 AM permalink
stinkingliberal
Threads: 17
Quote: AZDuffman

Because it is about promoting the importance of skin color, a liberal position (see: Affirmative Action.)

"The importance of skin color" is a concept that long predates liberalism. in that it determined whether you could be owned by another person, and later, whether you could vote, whether you could be casually hunted down and beaten to death by white people, whether you could get a job (and what kind of job), etc. etc. etc. etc.

Black people know that "the importance of skin color" still dominates their lives. A liberal concept? HA! If anything, it's a conservative concept, as conservatism and racism have always been in tight embrace.

I'll actually refer to the rationale behind the black QB thing. Doug Williams, a black quarterback, passed for five touchdowns in the second quarter of the Super Bowl and led the Washington Redskins to victory, After that happened, many people wondered aloud why there weren't more black quarterbacks. A lot of the dialogue was that black people really weren't smart enough for "skill positions" like quarterback. You can ask Doug Williams about "the importance of skin color."
February 21st, 2017 at 8:44:11 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Can someone explain to me why ESPN "pushing black QBs" is an example of their liberal bias?

I somewhat follow the Bucs, the local team.
We had the overall 1st pick a couple years ago
Jameis Winston, a black QB , was the 1st pick
Damm right ESPN was pushing him, he was the highest rated QB in the draft.
Its a mystery to me why Rush and AZ would be upset about this. The guy has skills.
Very weird
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 21st, 2017 at 8:45:07 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Its a mystery to me why Rush and AZ would be upset about this.

Put your thinking cap on. The answer is right in front of you....
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 21st, 2017 at 8:46:45 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: stinkingliberal
"The importance of skin color" is a concept that long predates liberalism. in that it determined whether you could be owned by another person"

People without the economic or military power to prevent it have always been enslaved. The original slave merchants in Africa couldn't care a less about skin colour they just grabbed the easy picking low fruit that had no power.

Slaves always try and get out of slavery and will do what they have to make it happen regardless of skin colour. This was true in the time of Moses to those enslaved in China and Russia today or recently. We still have so called "white slavery" today which likely involves more Asians than any other skin colour.

The US today has 100's of thousands of Black people who are not living there because their ancestors were brought over as slaves. Liberals are as condescending as the KKK is bigoted in thinking that all black people have a slave background and need extra help.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
February 21st, 2017 at 9:15:12 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Its a mystery to me why Rush and AZ would be upset about this. The guy has skills.
Very weird

Because in 2003 conservative drug addict Rush was hired by ESPN to do NFL commentary on pre-game shows. At the time Donovan McNabb was having a hard time in, I think, Philadelphia, as was his team. The drug addict thought McNabb overrated, and said no one would pay attention to McNabb if he were white, thus showing true conservative color-blindness. Rush was fired shortly after, and conservatives can hold a grudge over minor matters for a very, very long time.

McNabb and the Eagles reached the NFC championship that year, but lost at home.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
February 21st, 2017 at 10:58:56 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
ESPN Admits They Mistreat Conservatives, And It's Killing Their Ratings

'ESPN has been hemorrhaging viewers because of its outspoken politics. From giving Caitlyn Jenner a heroism award to stumping for Black Lives Matter, from pushing gun control to praising Kaepernick’s heroism, from firing Curt Schilling for expressing anti-radical Islam sentiments to threatening Chris Broussard for taking a religious view of homosexuality while doing nothing about Kevin Blackistone for calling the national anthem a “war anthem,” ESPN has become – as I’ve long said – MSNBC with footballs.'

http://www.dailywire.com/news/10904/espn-admits-they-mistreat-conservatives-and-its-ben-shapiro
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 21st, 2017 at 11:16:38 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I've never willingly watched ESPN in my life.

I guess maybe I should start!

(Nah - I'll stick to HBO)
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 21st, 2017 at 11:31:22 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I watched ESPN last nite for 2 hours straight
Md vs Ohio State
I heard absolutely no politics
Just play by play and color
Looking for ward to the conference tournaments in a couple weeks
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 21st, 2017 at 11:40:50 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Put your thinking cap on. The answer is right in front of you....

I doubt a "thinking cap" is going to help. You have to have a perspective longer than 20 minutes and the ability to read between the lines and see an agenda being pushed, both of which take critical thinking. Easier to deny the problem and make jokes.

Does not matter to me. I tuned most all sports out over the past few years. Life is much more relaxed and peaceful without them. Sports is a great opiate for the masses. People living empty lives can care about a basketball game and find meaning for a few hours.
The President is a fink.
Page 4 of 12<1234567>Last »