British report predicts human-robot sex will be more common than human-human sex by the year 2050

Page 1 of 212>
February 20th, 2017 at 6:15:54 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/11898241/By-2050-human-on-robot-sex-will-be-more-common-than-human-on-human-sex-says-report.html

Matt McMullen, believes that if a sex robot is too human-like and too realistic, we get put off. He thinks it's more effective to keep them slightly unrealistic. It is difficult to argue with that basic assumption.

The Reverend Thomas Robert Malthus (13 February 1766 – 29 December 1834) who was one of the first scholars to predict that global overpopulation was inevitable , could never have predicted this Brave New World.
February 20th, 2017 at 6:34:14 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I don't know that I'm convinced that realism would be a turnoff. Speaking of sex without real partners though, why doesn't someone put some money into reproducing this side effect as the actual primary effect?

Quote:
A drug used for the treatment of depression seems to have a remarkable effect on some people who take it: When they yawn, they have an orgasm.
Yes, men and women alike.
The "yawngasm" effect is no doubt quite a boost to the antidepressant qualities of the drug, clomipramine (marketed under the brand name Anafranil by its manufacturer, Ciba Pharmaceuticals).

One woman in a Canadian study of the drug's "unusual" side effect asked, according to researchers, "how long she would be 'allowed' to take the drug." She "sheepishly admitted that she hoped to take the medication on a long-term basis." She even found that she could induce an orgasm by deliberately yawning.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 20th, 2017 at 6:47:17 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
What is the definition of "robot"? Seems the internet has already pushed the Westernized world over the edge... Thanks Al Gore.
February 20th, 2017 at 7:08:15 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
People think "in the box" too much. Pretty sure some males are going to request sex robots who nag them.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 20th, 2017 at 8:27:50 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Mudd's women?
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
February 20th, 2017 at 9:18:44 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
I knew I was born too soon.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
February 20th, 2017 at 10:11:57 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
Threads: 17
Quote: Wizard
I knew I was born too soon.

Naah. If this development indeed comes to pass, we'll have discrimination against people who still have sex with other people. They'll be called something vaguely pejorative, like "biophiliacs," and be denied seating in restaurants, turned away from businesses, expelled from schools, systematically disenfranchised, occasionally violently murdered, and blamed for the country's imminent/ongoing demise. They'll be rounded up and deported, and foreign biophiliacs will be denied admission to the country.

So enjoy playing hide the salami with other humans while it's still legal, I say.
February 21st, 2017 at 6:35:37 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Pacomartin
Matt McMullen, believes that if a sex robot is too human-like and too realistic, we get put off. He thinks it's more effective to keep them slightly unrealistic. It is difficult to argue with that basic assumption.

"A woman and a robot, or a man and a robot, is just masturbation." Isaac Asimov in "The Robots of Dawn."

But sex robots would be a good chance to make out with fantasy figures. I'd love a robot Batman based on the 90s cartoon (albeit not so over-muscled).

Lastly, don't forget Futurama's warning: "electrogonorrhea, the noisy killer."
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
February 21st, 2017 at 4:14:20 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Nareed

But sex robots would be a good chance to make out with fantasy figures. I'd love a robot Batman based on the 90s cartoon (albeit not so over-muscled).

Making out with a less muscled robot batman leaves me speechless. I know Nareed likes her fiction, but that is bizarre.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
February 21st, 2017 at 4:20:39 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: DRich
Making out with a less muscled robot batman leaves me speechless. I know Nareed likes her fiction, but that is bizarre.

Why? You prefer muscles?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
Page 1 of 212>