You wanna pay for the wall?

Page 2 of 2<12
February 28th, 2017 at 4:47:15 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: reno
I'm a bit surprised by this article, but apparently there are plenty of Republicans in Texas who don't want a wall.

It makes sense.

I bet most of the people who want a wall live either nowhere near the border, or in Arizona.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
February 28th, 2017 at 4:56:04 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Nareed
Quote: reno
I'm a bit surprised by this article, but apparently there are plenty of Republicans in Texas who don't want a wall.

It makes sense.

I bet most of the people who want a wall live either nowhere near the border, or in Arizona.

My guess is, borders have a border related commerce that many people have depended on for years. Not just about bad stuff.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 28th, 2017 at 4:59:48 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
Before anyone starts saying how good it is to have the illegals here, note that Mexico is worried about the cost of them being sent back. If they were so much a net contribution, Mexico would be begging to get them back as well as helping enforce the border.

I think 2 million jobless people dropping into where there aren't a plethora of jobs offered wouldn't exactly be the same thing as happened when they crossed into the US.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 28th, 2017 at 5:11:06 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
The wall is dumb. Never gonna happen. Parts of the border are pretty much uninhabited. I doubt trump will mention it tonight. I hope he does because its just so so stupid
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 28th, 2017 at 5:19:59 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: terapined
The wall is dumb. Never gonna happen. Parts of the border are pretty much uninhabited. I doubt trump will mention it tonight. I hope he does because its just so so stupid

The wall makes good sense.

Good fences make good neighbors.

Unless you are in favor of illegal immigration I cannot see why a person is against securing the border.

People against the wall usually seem to live far away from where illegal immigration is causing problems.

Or else living well off of it. (e.g.: wealthy Californians who like to underpay domestic help.)
The President is a fink.
February 28th, 2017 at 5:26:12 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
The wall makes good sense.

Unless you are in favor of illegal immigration I cannot see why a person is against securing the border.

People against the wall usually seem to live far away from where illegal immigration is causing problems.

Or else living well off of it. (e.g.: wealthy Californians who like to underpay domestic help.)

My prediction
Its such a stupid idea, he doesn't mention it tonight
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 28th, 2017 at 6:25:39 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: terapined
My prediction
Its such a stupid idea, he doesn't mention it tonight

Wrong again!

Going great so far! Love seeing Bolshevik Barbie sitting there all salty, unlike when she kept jumping out of her chair for Obama.
The President is a fink.
March 12th, 2017 at 6:17:18 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068

No sensible person is against securing borders.

We give aid to Mexican government to help secure their ports so that Chinese goods can land their and be transported by rail directly to Texas. Much of Mexico's illegal immigration problem comes from Central Americans who are trying to get to the USA via Mexico, and often end up stuck in Mexico.

The fertility rate is still very high in central America, but in Mexico it is almost the same as the USA. Most estimates are that half the illegal population in the USA is not from Mexico, and roughly 2/3 have been here more than ten years.

Once again, "No sensible person is against securing borders." Mexicans are just as concerned about their borders as people from the USA. The vitriol of making this issue front and center in a presidential campaign is wrecking havoc on the Mexican economy, which is doing far more damage than any wall can fix.
March 12th, 2017 at 6:39:45 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: Pacomartin
No sensible person is against securing borders.

You are correct.

We give aid to Mexican government to help secure their ports so that Chinese goods can land their and be transported by rail directly to Texas. Much of Mexico's illegal immigration problem comes from Central Americans who are trying to get to the USA via Mexico, and often end up stuck in Mexico.

Then Mexico should work harder to secure their borders.

The fertility rate is still very high in central America, but in Mexico it is almost the same as the USA. Most estimates are that half the illegal population in the USA is not from Mexico, and roughly 2/3 have been here more than ten years.

We have a huge population of illegals here. Perhaps we should just keep sending the ones back who commit crimes and allow the others to stay. The issue isn't as much what to do with them as it is what to do to stop further invasion by illegals. Until you dry up the flow, we'd just be tossing a thousand out and getting a thousand back...

How can we help Mexico keep their people in their country and the people from other countries from transiting their country to get to ours?

Once again, "No sensible person is against securing borders." Mexicans are just as concerned about their borders as people from the USA. The vitriol of making this issue front and center in a presidential campaign is wrecking havoc on the Mexican economy, which is doing far more damage than any wall can fix.

I disagree. They openly encourage illegals to cross by providing them info on how to do it. Instead of taking care of their poor, and the poor illegals in their country, they want to help them get here.

You are forgetting the whole reason that this issue became front and center in the election...and the whole reason Trump got elected...

The Russians...

Oh...no...too many issues unresolved by either party, in this case immigration, and frustration with politicians just doing what politicians do--saying a whole lot and never really putting their asses on the line for anything. Changing their tone when the party in power changes...instead of being true to their beliefs.

Trump may be the worst President in history. Who knows. He got elected for a reason, though, and isn't all the stupid reasons tossed out by people. He got elected for a very simple reason--people were tired of same old, same old....
March 12th, 2017 at 11:34:53 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: RonC
I disagree. They openly encourage illegals to cross by providing them info on how to do it. Instead of taking care of their poor, and the poor illegals in their country, they want to help them get here.

I know that is widely believed in the USA, but I never saw any indication of that in Mexico. The radio is full of public service announcements telling people that illegal immigration is a fantasy to a better life, and that you will find yourself stateless and vulnerable to exploitation. The federal police are patrolling the arizona border with helicopters and hundreds of armed men.

I am not naive enough to believe that there are people making a living off of exploiting these people, or that there is corruption, but at the same time I really reject the notion that the Mexican government's idea of social welfare is to export it's poor to the USA and count on them sending remittances to their relatives.
Page 2 of 2<12