Two sorely needed amendments to the US Constitution

Page 3 of 3<123
March 13th, 2017 at 5:42:04 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Pacomartin
I like the idea that Democracy is inherently inefficient. Dictatorship is extremely efficient. But by it's very nature Democracy will spend a great deal of time undoing it's previous "accomplishments" and waste a lot of time in consensus building.

What do you mean by "efficient."

In physics, the definition is crystal clear: the ratio between energy input and work output in a machine.

So if you put in 100 units of electricity into a light bulb and get back 12 equivalent units in the form of visible light, that's a 12% efficiency.

How do you measure such things in government, and whether or not they are efficient? You might measure how much money goes into a bureaucracy in the form of taxes, fees, etc., and how much value come out the other end.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
March 13th, 2017 at 5:56:01 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
A Dictatorship is efficient because one person spends 5 minutes deciding lets make this happen. In a democracy 100's of elected representatives debate something for days before anything happens. Human energy units that go into the decision is much greater in the democracy.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
March 13th, 2017 at 6:31:22 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: kenarman
In a democracy 100's of elected representatives debate something for days before anything happens. Human energy units that go into the decision is much greater in the democracy.

I believe I've heard that one before. But it was phrased in the form of a question. As in, "How many people in congress does it take to screw in a light bulb."
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 13th, 2017 at 10:01:44 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
How about this: any candidate who wins a general election without a majority, or even the largest plurality, of the popular vote should be labeled "usurper"?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
Page 3 of 3<123