Is this the tweets of a healthy person?

Page 3 of 6<123456>
March 15th, 2017 at 4:51:02 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
He didn't use his personal Twitter account to snark at Snoop Dogg this morning. Of course not! He used his official Presidential Twitter account to complain about... Snoop Dogg.

Surely he could at least pretend to be consumed with the serious challenges facing our nation? Surely he could at least pretend to ignore Snoop Dogg? (On the other hand maybe we're all better off if he's distracted by trivial nonsense and not actually working.)
March 15th, 2017 at 5:11:30 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: reno
He didn't use his personal Twitter account to snark at Snoop Dogg this morning. Of course not! He used his official Presidential Twitter account to complain about... Snoop Dogg.

Surely he could at least pretend to be consumed with the serious challenges facing our nation? Surely he could at least pretend to ignore Snoop Dogg? (On the other hand maybe we're all better off if he's distracted by trivial nonsense and not actually working.)

I saw something on internet regarding Snoop yesterday.
I didn't click on the link
Because
Who cares what Snoop says
Obviously Trump cares a lot. Wow
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 15th, 2017 at 5:21:52 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: terapined
Who cares what Snoop says

Fans of "Peanuts"?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
March 16th, 2017 at 5:04:44 PM permalink
reno
Quote: Pacomartin
Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
I'd bet a good lawyer could make a great case out of the fact that President Obama was tapping my phones in October, just prior to Election!
6:52 AM - 4 Mar 2017

Politics aside, does a normal person make these kind of accusations in this manner?

Trump was interviewed last night by Tucker Carlson, and this exchange is relevant:

Quote: Fox News
Carlson: Why not wait to tweet about it until you can prove it? Don’t you devalue your words when you can’t provide evidence?

Trump: Well, because the New York Times wrote about it. Not that I respect the New York Times. I call it the failing New York Times. But they did write on Jan. 20th using the word wiretap. Other people have come out with…

Carlson: Right, but you’re the president. You have the ability to gather all the evidence you want.

Trump: I do. I do. But I think that frankly we have a lot right now. And I think if you watch—if you watched the Bret Baier and what he was saying and what he was talking about and how he mentioned the word “wiretap,” you would feel very confident that you could mention the name. He mentioned it. And other people have mentioned it. But if you take a look at some of the things written about wiretapping and eavesdropping… and don’t forget I say wiretapping, those words were in quotes. That really covers—because wiretapping is pretty old-fashioned stuff—but that really covers surveillance and many other things. And nobody ever talks about the fact that it was in quotes, but that’s a very important thing. But wire tape covers a lot of different things. I think you’re going to find some very interesting items coming to the forefront over the next two weeks.

Notice that last sentence. Is Trump really going to be releasing some in the next 2 weeks?

Republican Rep. Devin Nunes of the House Intelligence Committee agrees with Republican Senator Richard Burr's assessment: “Based on the information available to us, we see no indications that Trump Tower was the subject of surveillance by any element of the United States government either before or after Election Day 2016,” Burr said.

So why must we wait 2 weeks? There are senior Republican Congressmen disparaging the integrity of their party's own President, and we need to wait 2 weeks for a rebuttal? Does Trump think that in 2 weeks we'll all forget about that he accused his predecessor of a felony?

His Tweet isn't going away, we won't forget. And it's not in his best interest to promise to show us something in 2 weeks. He'd be better off simply apologizing to Obama and moving on.
March 16th, 2017 at 5:14:49 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Like he said, he put wiretap in parenthesis
for a reason. It was meant to convey
all kinds of surveillance. Duh..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 16th, 2017 at 5:31:46 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Notice that last sentence. Is Trump really going to be releasing some in the next 2 weeks?

After Mexico pays for the wall.

But what strikes me is how disjointed the answer is, and how devoid of content it is. He may as well have whistled Yankee Doodle as evidence and he'd have been as credible.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
March 16th, 2017 at 5:31:56 PM permalink
reno
Quote: Evenbob

Republican Senator Richard Burr's statement used the qualifier "any" when he said "surveillance by any element." So if Burr is incorrect, shouldn't Burr apologize to President Trump? Burr owes it to him.

March 16th, 2017 at 6:51:35 PM permalink
Evenbob
surveillance by any element.

That's what Trump meant by putting
wiretap in parenthesis. It's there,
look at the tweet. Do you think it's
an accident, that Trump doesn't know
how to use parenthesis correctly?
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 16th, 2017 at 7:30:32 PM permalink
reno

That's what Trump meant by putting
wiretap in parenthesis. It's there,
look at the tweet. Do you think it's
an accident, that Trump doesn't know
how to use parenthesis correctly?

I don't see any parenthesis around the word wiretap in Trump's tweets.

Do you know what the word parenthesis mean?

Parenthesis are a pair of round brackets ( ) used to mark off a parenthetical word or phrase

Here's an example of a sentence with parenthesis: (Duh.)
March 16th, 2017 at 8:43:02 PM permalink
Evenbob
I don't see any parenthesis around the word wiretap in Trump's tweets.

Me neither, I had a bran fart. It's quotes,
if it was in parenthesis it would mean
nothing. I had the word in my brain and
couldn't get rid of it. He put it in quotes
to mean more than wiretap, to mean
surveillance.
Page 3 of 6<123456>