Is this the tweets of a healthy person?

Page 5 of 6« First<23456>
March 18th, 2017 at 3:12:41 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Quote: Pacomartin
Politics aside, does a normal person make these kind of accusations in this manner?

His strangest Tweets all seem to occur on Saturday mornings. His advisors are sleeping in, Ivanka & Jared are at synagogue.

Quote: Jonah Goldberg
Can you imagine the dread, the slow-burning existential panic that overtakes White House chief of staff Reince Priebus and press secretary Sean Spicer on Friday evenings?

After Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner — who are known to have a calming effect on the president — head off to honor the Jewish Sabbath, Priebus and Spicer have to white-knuckle it until dawn, gripping their phones with tobacco-stained fingers as they constantly refresh Twitter. They must feel like they work for a kind of werewolf who, in the dark, still hours of the weekend, transforms into a presidency-gobbling beast.

I can almost hear the wail that slipped past Priebus’s lips on Saturday morning when, just as the chirping birds provided a hopeful soundtrack for the first light of a new day, the president’s tweets started pouring forth.
March 19th, 2017 at 11:55:53 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: reno
His strangest Tweets all seem to occur on Saturday mornings. His advisors are sleeping in, Ivanka & Jared are at synagogue.

Well, that would finally be one good thing to emerge from religion :)

On the other hand, I don't think there's a Nobel Prize in developing a treatment for TTD (Trump Tweet Disorder).
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
March 30th, 2017 at 10:17:13 AM permalink
reno
This morning Mr. President tweeted: "The Freedom Caucus will hurt the entire Republican agenda if they don't get on the team, & fast. We must fight them, & Dems, in 2018!"

The "them" in the second sentence is the Freedom Caucus, and Mr. President is announcing a rather aggressive move: to unseat 32 GOP Congressmen up for reelection in 2018 as punishment for not supporting Trump's health plan.

Trump can be vindictive, even when it's not in his best interest to be vindictive. But he's probably just showboating. It's hard to know if this is empty rhetoric or if he really plans to go after their seats.

Mr. President- I hope you follow through on this.
March 30th, 2017 at 10:27:07 AM permalink
Nareed
Trump can be vindictive, even when it's not in his best interest to be vindictive. But he's probably just showboating. It's hard to know if this is empty rhetoric or if he really plans to go after their seats.

Who has the time for this when there's no Republican civil war, the Democrats are defeated and the Golden Boy just scores one victory and wire-tapping scandal after another.

Quote:
Mr. President- I hope you follow through on this.

The dignity of the office compels me to refer to Golden Boy as Mr. Usurper.
March 30th, 2017 at 12:19:59 PM permalink
reno
We need to teach Mr. Tough Guy (Trump) about gerrymandering. He can't wage war on the House Freedom Caucus-- they're gerrymandered into permanence.

Mark Meadows – Won his re-election in North Carolina’s 11th Congressional District 64% to 36%

Thomas Massie – Won his re-election in Kentucky’s 4th Congressional District 71% to 29%

Jim Jordan – Won his re-election in Ohio’s 4th Congressional District 68% to 32%

Here's my suggestion for Trump: get on Twitter and tweet out mean threats. Do it every day and eventually the House Freedom Caucus will submit to your dominance.
March 30th, 2017 at 12:35:18 PM permalink
Nareed
We need to teach Mr. Tough Guy (Trump) about gerrymandering. He can't wage war on the House Freedom Caucus-- they're gerrymandered into permanence.

Not exactly. They can lose in a primary challenge.

What Golden Boy hopefully won't learn is:

Approval of Congress is always damn low
Approval of one's own Congressional delegation is normal to high.

Quote:
Here's my suggestion for Trump: get on Twitter and tweet out mean threats. Do it every day and eventually the House Freedom Caucus will submit to your dominance.

Oh, well, a good suggestion is a good suggestion. Mr. Golden Boy should definitely follow it.
March 30th, 2017 at 3:36:15 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
The "them" in the second sentence is the Freedom Caucus, and Mr. President is announcing a rather aggressive move: to unseat 32 GOP Congressmen up for reelection in 2018 as punishment for not supporting Trump's health plan.

I would love to see that list. The current division of the house has a 44 seat majority for Republicans. I wonder how many of those seats are being targeted by Democrats anyway.

Party Divisions
237 Republicans
193 Democrats
5 Vacancies

The DCCC will initially focus on an expanded battlefield that includes, but is not limited to:
23 seats that House Republicans hold, that Hillary Clinton won
Of those seats, Republicans hold 7 that President Obama never won – indicating a potential Trump driven problem for these Republicans
10 seats that House Republicans won and Hillary Clinton narrowly lost (by 4 points or less)
Open seats that we anticipate to occur with regularity this cycle, as House Republicans take Administration positions, run for other offices, or retire altogether.

1.  AL-02 – Martha Roby
  2.  AR-02 – French Hill
  3.  AZ-02 – Martha McSally
  4.  CA-10 – Jeff Denham
  5.  CA-21 – David Valadao
  6.  CA-25 – Steve Knight
  7.  CA-39 – Ed Royce
  8.  CA-45 – Mimi Walters
  9.  CA-48 – Dana Rohrabacher
  10.  CA-49 – Darrell Issa
  11.  CO-03 – Scott Tipton
  12.  CO-06 – Mike Coffman
  13.  FL-18 – Brian Mast
  14.  FL-25 – Mario Diaz-Balart
  15.  FL-26 – Carlos Curbelo
  16.  FL-27 – Illeana Ros-Lehtinen
  17.  GA-06 – Tom Price
  18.  IA-01 – Rod Blum
  19.  IA-03 – David Young
  20.  IL-06 – Peter Roskam
  21.  IL-13 – Rodney Davis
  22.  IL-14 – Randy Hultgren
  23.  KS-02 – Lynn Jenkins
  24.  KS-03 – Kevin Yoder
  25.  KY-06 – Andy Barr
  26.  ME-02 – Bruce Poliquin
  27.  MI-07 – Tim Walberg
  28.  MI-08 – Mike Bishop
  29.  MI-11 – Dave Trott
  30.  MN-02 – Jason Lewis
  31.  MN-03 – Erik Paulsen
  32.  NC-08 – Richard Hudson
  33.  NC-09 – Robert Pittenger
  34.  NC-13 – Ted Budd
  35.  NE-02 – Don Bacon
  36.  NJ-02 – Frank LoBiondo
  37.  NJ-03 – Tom MacArthur
  38.  NJ-07 – Leonard Lance
  39.  NJ-11 – Rodney Frelinghuysen
  40.  NY-01 – Lee Zeldin
  41.  NY-11 – Dan Donovan
  42.  NY-19 – John Faso
  43.  NY-22 – Claudia Tenney
  44.  NY-24 – John Katko
  45.  NY-27 – Chris Collins
  46.  OH-01 – Steve Chabot
  47.  OH-07 – Bob Gibbs
  48.  PA-06 - Ryan Costello
  49.  PA-07 – Pat Meehan
  50.  PA-08 – Brian Fitzpatrick
  51.  PA-16 – Lloyd Smucker
  52.  TX-07 – John Culberson
  53.  TX-23 – Will Hurd
  54.  TX-32 – Pete Sessions
  55.  VA-02 – Scott Taylor
  56.  VA-10 – Barbara Comstock
  57.  WA-03 – Jaime Herrera Beutler
  58.  WA-08 – David Reichert
  59.  WV-02 – Alex Mooney
May 18th, 2017 at 10:28:02 AM permalink
reno
Trump says he has nothing to hide. He says he's innocent. Mueller has a sterling reputation as a well respected non-partisan straight shooter nominated by George W. Bush. Since Trump is 100% innocent, and the top cop is honest, Trump will most likely be exonerated. Right? Trump should be relieved that it was Mueller who was chosen, and in a couple months this whole thing will all be over.

If Trump were a smart politician, he would keep his damn mouth shut and lay off Twitter. The less he says the better. If a reporter tries to badger him about Russia, Trump would be wise to respond with something vaguely positive, and then remind the reporter that he really can't elaborate beyond that because it's an ongoing investigation.

But Trump isn't a smart politician. He got on Twitter early this morning, and he's not pulling any punches.
May 18th, 2017 at 11:31:57 AM permalink
Nareed
But Trump isn't a smart politician.

He's not a smart anything.

Quote:
He got on Twitter early this morning, and he's not pulling any punches.

You know, he should commission Elon Musk to build him an anti-Twitter device. I suggest a portable, high-capacity battery hooked to Golden Boy's genitalia, which would deliver a 10k volt shock every time he sends a tweet.

Wireless charging, of course. Nothing but the best for this Twit.
June 6th, 2017 at 12:43:15 PM permalink
reno
Yikes, the Wall Street Journal has published a scathing op-ed against Trump. The Journal seems to think that Trump's own goals are being undermined by his reckless use of Twitter at 6:00am. It's almost as if Trump's agenda is being deliberately sabotaged by Trump. In particular, Trump seems hell-bent to do everything he can to deliberately lose at the Supreme Court with this Muslim travel ban thing.

I just hope that Trump continues to use Twitter every morning; I hope Trump doesn't heed the Journal's advice. The more he tweets, the better. (And the Democrats want to replace him with Mike Pence?!? Why?!?!)

But as Trump himself would say: "FAKE NEWS!"
Page 5 of 6« First<23456>