5 votes (62.5%)
2 votes (25%)
1 vote (12.5%)

8 members have voted

July 12th, 2017 at 2:18:12 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: AZDuffman
I will not retreat from it's a bad idea based on what I have seen. If we become a slowed down nation time will tell.
In the 70's, I remember thinking the smell of it burning was delightful. Now I drive by these legal grow buildings and the reek at harvest time nearly gags me. I don't know if it's changed or I have, but it doesn't smell very good anymore?

I too, know people that went way overboard smoking it. They roll joints and lay them near their beds and lite up upon waking. They smoke lots of it. Most people I know, work regardless. I've never liked being out of control, having a toke or drinking. I don't think it's safe to be that altered in public. As it is, I've become an easier target for predators, if I was impaired it would be worse.

For an example of productive users, depending on your definition, how about Hollywood or Wall street? I have found it a great tool for mundane chores. Wood cutting, snow removal, etc. Nothing where I really need my brain. And I never believed in being altered at my work on anything. Much to dangerous dead sober. Although I have worked with alcoholics and I can truthfully say, If I have to do so I would prefer somebody let them have at least a beer or whatever it takes to level them out.

That is another thing about my trade I loved. It kept me really focused, couldn't do it altered. I did show up with some hang overs though.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
July 12th, 2017 at 3:33:59 PM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Quote: petroglyph
Also, some people are just no damn good in the first place. Like Bill says, these guys go in and don't come out for a couple decades. Time lost forever.

Lyic's from a local Austin band:

I lost 10 years down there smoking that Pachuca weed
I was Rip Van Winkle but I thought I was Apollo Creed
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
July 12th, 2017 at 3:35:21 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Making it legal attracts potheads.
I never once met a person who did better in life by smoking pot regularly.

Ever meet a homeless person that wasn't
a stoner? It's a proven fact that weed
does NOT promote creativity. Yet alcohol
does. Some of histories greatest writers
and artists were heavy drinkers. Pot is
an ambition killer. It's for the dunderhead
class, you know who you are. Lets wander
thru life bewildered, that's the ticket.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 12th, 2017 at 3:36:59 PM permalink
Evenbob
In the 70's, I remember thinking the smell of it burning was delightful. Now I drive by these legal grow buildings and the reek at harvest time nearly gags me. I don't know if it's changed or I have, but it doesn't smell very good anymore?

It's always smelled like burning cat piss
to me, even back in the day.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 12th, 2017 at 3:45:51 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

For an example of productive users, depending on your definition, how about Hollywood or Wall street? I have found it a great tool for mundane chores. Wood cutting, snow removal, etc. Nothing where I really need my brain. And I never believed in being altered at my work on anything. Much to dangerous dead sober. Although I have worked with alcoholics and I can truthfully say, If I have to do so I would prefer somebody let them have at least a beer or whatever it takes to level them out.

I can see Wall Street using, when you sell your soul you have to escape somehow. But I am not one who likes life in the cloud. I have never had a job where I could tune out that much. Even the call center, the worst job I really ever had from a standpoint of being tedious, it would not work. Had to at least talk straight. If I am doing physical work, I live by the mantra safety first, being baked is not being safe.

I forget your trade. I can do mine hung over. But stoned? Never. Maybe I could deal Blackjack messed up, I do turn hald my brain off then.

I really cannot stand people who live to get high. Just boring to be around when that is your life. Never talk about anything interesting.
The President is a fink.
July 12th, 2017 at 4:32:31 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Evenbob
It's a proven fact that weed
does NOT promote creativity. .

ROTFL
The Beatles
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 12th, 2017 at 5:06:02 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
It's for the dunderhead
class, you know who you are. Lets wander
thru life bewildered, that's the ticket.

It made the dude I knew too lazy to walk to the pro-legalization rally.
The President is a fink.
July 12th, 2017 at 6:02:38 PM permalink
terapined
It's a proven fact that weed
does NOT promote creativity. .

Steve Jobs
“The best way I would describe the effect of the marijuana and the hashish is that it would make me relaxed and creative.”

Alanis Morissette
"When I’m high – well, they come in and there’s less of a veil, so to speak. So if ever I need some clarity… or a quantum leap in terms of writing something, it’s a quick way for me to get to it.”

Lady Gaga
“I smoke a lot of pot when I write music.”

Bob Marley
“Music and herb go together. It’s been a long time now I smoke herb. From 1960s, when I first start singing.”

Louis Armstrong on his trumpet style after leaving the Orchestra
"The first time that I smoked Marijuana (or) Gage as they so beautifully calls' it some time, was a couple of years after I had left Flecther Henderson's Orchestra…And I'm telling you, I had myself a ball…That's why it really puzzles me to see Marijuana connected with Narcotics--Dope and all that kind of crap…It is actually a shame."
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 12th, 2017 at 6:55:06 PM permalink
Evenbob
I really cannot stand people who live to get high. Just boring to be around when that is your life. Never talk about anything interesting.

Exactly! And they don't even see it.
They think the stupidest things
they say and think are profound.
It's why dopers hang together, so they
can all fool each other into thinking
they have meaningful lives.
July 12th, 2017 at 7:22:01 PM permalink
terapined
Exactly! And they don't even see it.
They think the stupidest things
they say and think are profound.
It's why dopers hang together, so they
can all fool each other into thinking
they have meaningful lives.

Steve Jobs stupid????????????
ROTFL
Page 11 of 13« First<8910111213>