Stand Your Ground

Page 4 of 6<123456>
March 29th, 2017 at 3:39:40 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: rxwine
Under your thinking, Face could be killed while delivering the mail by a crazy home owner and you would give preference to the home owner just because that lunatic owns the property.

Yeah, it's a s#$% situation all the way around. You don't want to further harm a victim, one who is already going through a fair bit of trauma and now you want to drag his name through the mud and prevent him from work and family duty. Then again, you can't just hear "self defense" and pack your cruiser and go home.

There's no good answer. Of course you must investigate, there is no question on that. But in this day and age of 24/7 news and Facebook lawyerin', it puts an undue hardship on someone who previously was just minding their business and were forced to defend themselves.

My parade idea wasn't all in jest. Once freed from the court of law, the victim is still left to deal with the court of public opinion. And at least on this, I don't really have an intelligent offering. Parade's the best I got =/
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
March 29th, 2017 at 4:28:19 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Under your thinking, Face could be killed while delivering the mail by a crazy home owner and you would give preference to the home owner just because that lunatic owns the property.

That seems to be a stretch--I don't see Face busting into someone's house to deliver the mail. These young idiots followed the advice of a loser and broke into the wrong house. They ended up dead. Stay out of places you don't belong. The people who live in the house have a right to be free of invasion by idiots.

Investigate away. There should always be full, factual investigations of deaths like this.

They wouldn't be investigating three deaths if three people had not invaded someone's property.

...as they say, it is better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6 when it comes to things like this.

I trained hard to take lives when necessary. I don't take it lightly at all. I do, however, have a right to be free, and safe from, the criminal activities of others. If they invade my home, they'll get what they get.
March 29th, 2017 at 5:25:24 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: RonC
That seems to be a stretch--I don't see Face busting into someone's house to deliver the mail. .

Now you know Face is required to deliver the mail through rain, sleet, snow, or hordes of Spartan Warriors willing to fight to the death to keep him from doing so. That's the tradition. Pretty sure.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 29th, 2017 at 5:58:48 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

No, because Face is delivering mail, not robbing or committing other mayhem. Your example does not make sense.
The President is a fink.
March 29th, 2017 at 6:15:52 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: AZDuffman
No, because Face is delivering mail, not robbing or committing other mayhem. Your example does not make sense.

MY point is because you own property does not mean you acted more rationally than the person on your property. You do not deserve a pass from actual facts. For instance someone could completely misinterpret a threat because they were under the influence of an intoxicant. (for instance sitting at home drunk) Whereas a person with normal judgment would never have shot someone.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 29th, 2017 at 6:25:26 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
MY point is because you own property does not mean you acted more rationally than the person on your property. You do not deserve a pass from actual facts. For instance someone could completely misinterpret a threat because they were under the influence of an intoxicant. (for instance sitting at home drunk) Whereas a person with normal judgment would never have shot someone.

If a person breaks into the house the investigation is open and shut. Drunk or no. Yet again, if you do not want to get shot then do not do a home invasion. All that happens in long investigations is more and more chance for outside interference. Some news organization decides to ask if he was shot "because he was black" as if a white home invader would be given a pass. Don't even think that would not happen.

You see, it is very, very rare that a law-abiding person will just shoot someone. When it happens it is almost always because of an imminent threat. In some cases, "on property" shootings are because the property has become a thoroughfare for drug running or illegal aliens near the border. And yes, if a ranch or other property is being used by illegals over and over, I say the owner has a right to protect his home and property.

Thus, for at least the fifth time today, if you do not want to get shot, do not trespass or break/enter. How simple can it be.
The President is a fink.
March 29th, 2017 at 6:25:51 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Now you know Face is required to deliver the mail through rain, sleet, snow, or hordes of Spartan Warriors willing to fight to the death to keep him from doing so. That's the tradition. Pretty sure.

So you wake up early one day and, still groggy, you see someone bending down by your front door and they seem to have something in their hand, maybe a weapon. So you grab the gun you keep by the bed and shoot the mail carrier dead.

Self defense. he was trying to break in, your honor. My children might have been playing in the foyer. Stand your ground. Doubleplusgood.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
March 29th, 2017 at 7:03:35 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: AZDuffman
All that happens in long investigations is more and more chance for outside interference. .

Even in a simple traffic accident the innocent party is hardly free of hassles. Police investigate. Insurance companies investigate. You rarely get the value of the vehicle if it is totaled. You usually have to deal with having your schedule wrecked for awhile as well.

I don't know why shooting someone dead is suppose to be an easy call. It shouldn't be. Stupidest thing I've ever heard since at least yesterday.
March 29th, 2017 at 7:59:26 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
I'm afraid that he will one day be found slumped over the wheel of his mail carrier with the engine still running although missing on one cylinder. He will have bled out from a paper cut, but it won't be easy to tell if it is self inflicted or suspicious circs do to the amount of defensive wounds, from him being in such a GD hurry all the time.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
March 30th, 2017 at 12:18:18 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
I'm not shooting someone outside my house unless they are directly threatening me (if I am outside and they are attacking me). Face and everyone else is safe--they have not entered my home uninvited. Once they enter my home or directly threaten me, they risk the results. There is no reason for me to feel unsafe in my home or on my property as long as I am doing nothing illegal. No reason. Attack me, my family, or invade our home at your own risk.
Page 4 of 6<123456>