No votes (0%)
1 vote (12.5%)
No votes (0%)

8 members have voted

April 6th, 2017 at 2:45:14 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Face
I still have no idea what Korea is. I looked a bit in my pursuit of learning about my g-pops' service, but whether then or now, I still have no clue.

Going on an education composed almost entirely of memes, it's hard to understand what the problem is or why it's a concern. Testing missiles? Who gives a s#$%? The lion does not concern himself with the fly. Let the fat baby strut as if he's king of the world. Like many leaders, he's great entertainment.

North Korea is not the threat people make it out. The problem is what a wild card they can be. They are like a child who pushes things to the edge, time after time. Or better yet, like a crazed woman who keeps antagonizing her man, verbally and physically, trying to get HIM to be physical at her. But at the same time, the child or the woman have a need they want the parent or man to fill. In the case of the woman, the man knows buying her this or that is better than a night in county slam.

As most of us know, life is choices. N Korea chooses military over civilian. But even their military is awful. Without Chinese aid, it is doubtful they would last more than a few weeks. US forces could easily knock out what is left of the power grid. Food is in short supply. The latest Kim will sabre rattle to consolidate power and show toughness. But does he want to go down in flames?

Now the population, there is a problem. Certain people in the west get very sad when someone they admire dies. Princess Diana and Kurt Cobain to name two, had these sub-groups who got very depressed. One woman who admired MLK, Jr stayed across the street from where he was shot, into at least the 1990s when I saw the town. Supposedly she left to use the bathroom and clean up, not far away. Otherwise a constant vigil.

Well, N Korea is a country of such women. They worship their leader like a god. Some probably out of fear, but many out of blind loyalty and knowing nothing else. It is doubtful most could function outside their isolated society. How far they would go to defend their leader would rival Japan in 1945.
The President is a fink.
April 6th, 2017 at 3:43:08 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: Nareed
What if you were one of them? What if your son was one of them?

Reject unnecessary war. Necessary war is hellish enough as it is.

Sometimes war is the lesser of multiple evils. Casualty counts are the kind of thing that must be considered in taking any military action. If I had a son in South Korea I might consider his odds better with 10,000 casualties than the possibility of 10,000,000 if North Korea develops and uses nuclear weapons. Even if there is a 1% chance of that, the expected casualties of not acting would be 100,000 -- 10x as much as 10,000.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
April 6th, 2017 at 3:45:20 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
What if you were one of them? What if your son was one of them?

Reject unnecessary war. Necessary war is hellish enough as it is.

What is necessary war?
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 6th, 2017 at 3:46:22 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: AZDuffman
As most of us know, life is choices. N Korea chooses military over civilian. But even their military is awful. Without Chinese aid, it is doubtful they would last more than a few weeks. US forces could easily knock out what is left of the power grid.
Food is in short supply.

Soldiers die in training exercises, so there will be casualties. But if there is widespread famine among 25 million people, than it will cause havoc in America as well.

The last famine in N Korea meant China got all the refugees, because they are not going to Russia.
April 6th, 2017 at 3:58:31 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
Without Chinese aid, it is doubtful they would last more than a few weeks. US forces could easily knock out what is left of the power grid. Food is in short supply.

Probably 90% of the danger of a N. Korea is in the first couple days. Not 3 weeks in.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 6th, 2017 at 4:02:05 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
To bad we wasted so much dry powder on country's that didn't have wmd's.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
April 6th, 2017 at 4:15:50 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
Syria is actually a bigger problem for the U.S. Using chemical weapons against children, and getting videotape of victims on media outlets around the world has taken things to a whole new level. The Trump administration will have to take decisive action, Russian friends or nyet.
April 6th, 2017 at 4:20:20 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: DRich
What is necessary war?

Any war undertaken in self-defense, or in defense of a third country, against an invading or occupying force or a clear and present danger.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
April 6th, 2017 at 5:16:28 PM permalink
buzzardknot
Threads: 7
Any war undertaken in self-defense, or in defense of a third country, against an invading or occupying force or a clear and present danger.

Well, by that definition, the Vietnam War was necessary. I am a Vietnam era vet, and I remember being told if Saigon fell, New Jersey would be next. The old domino theory.

Last war Mexico was in : The French Intervention (1861-1867)
April 6th, 2017 at 5:22:43 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Ayecarumba
Syria is actually a bigger problem for the U.S. Using chemical weapons against children, and getting videotape of victims on media outlets around the world has taken things to a whole new level. The Trump administration will have to take decisive action, Russian friends or nyet.

Not really. We stood by and let Iraq use chemical weapons. Trump would be smart to say he is not lifting a finger on Syria without a long-term partition plan and getting rich Arab states to pay the bill.
The President is a fink.
Page 3 of 17<123456>Last »