ESPN's future

Page 14 of 15« First<1112131415>
November 5th, 2021 at 8:57:24 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
If he needs hospitalization for Covid-19 he should ask the hospital's billing clerk for the "Rodgers' rate."
May 22nd, 2023 at 1:33:59 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Podcast, Motley Fool IIRC, states that ESPN will soon be going streaming. This could be a major blow for cable as ESPN is a reason many people keep cable. If they can get ESPN for a far lower price they may cut the cord. Which is ironic as the cost of ESPN boosting the cost of cable is a reason many people cut the cord in the first place.

If only CNBC or Fox Business would do this! If I could get one of the two along with Food Network and maybe HGTV I could see getting a package if it was $10 or so a month.
The President is a fink.
May 22nd, 2023 at 1:59:36 PM permalink
rquiredusername
Threads: 0
This isn’t a go woke go broke thing is it?
May 22nd, 2023 at 3:14:13 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I don't know what you can get for $10 a month? A smile and a handshake? Or maybe just a smile.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 22nd, 2023 at 6:02:19 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rquiredusername
This isn’t a go woke go broke thing is it?

I don't get how.

ESPN will probably set the price at a little higher than the get per cable subscriber. There is a market for people who do not want cable but do want their sports. Any guy I talk to that has not cut the cord does it because of either sports or their SO wants it. ESPN streaming can cover the first part, and they can put on "bonus" content far more easy than getting cable companies to add channels.

I figure there are 10-15 cable channels that are viable as stand-alone and this may well be their future. People are tired of being forced to get channels they do not want. I still remember Limbaugh quoting some industry source that actually said, "well, if we do not force people to buy them nobody will buy them."
The President is a fink.
May 23rd, 2023 at 4:34:09 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
I like the idea of buying only the product wanted.

It's efficient and no waste of resources for the consumer, which is why they bundle (more profit for them for garbage).

I'd consider ESPN if DIS didn't own them.

Or if DIS by some miracle didn't try to groom children using Mickey.

It's like the kneeling down of athletes for the national anthem.

No more watching NFL for me.

Britney Griner found out the hard way.
May 23rd, 2023 at 8:12:45 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: rxwine
I don't know what you can get for $10 a month? A smile and a handshake? Or maybe just a smile.

Apple Music. Well worth it.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
May 23rd, 2023 at 1:28:20 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: DoubleGold
I like the idea of buying only the product wanted.

It's efficient and no waste of resources for the consumer, which is why they bundle (more profit for them for garbage).

In the early days of cable it made a little sense. At first they could not send custom feeds to every home. If you did not want HBO they put a filter at the telephone pole so it did not come in. HBO was for a time one of the only "cable channels" you had a choice of. Channels started popping up big about 1979-80 and they had the "tiers" which they could customize by your cable box.

I do not know when but at some point they were able to send things like custom commercials to just one house. So at that point the tech was there. Some outlets made them take a crappy channel to get the good one since it was high marginal income for the provider. By the late 1990s it got totally out of hand and people started to realize there were 57 channels and nothing on.

I have been plug pulled for around 10 years now. Figure I have saved $6-10,000.
The President is a fink.
May 23rd, 2023 at 1:52:47 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Quote: AZDuffman
In the early days of cable it made a little sense. At first they could not send custom feeds to every home. If you did not want HBO they put a filter at the telephone pole so it did not come in. HBO was for a time one of the only "cable channels" you had a choice of. Channels started popping up big about 1979-80 and they had the "tiers" which they could customize by your cable box.

I do not know when but at some point they were able to send things like custom commercials to just one house. So at that point the tech was there. Some outlets made them take a crappy channel to get the good one since it was high marginal income for the provider. By the late 1990s it got totally out of hand and people started to realize there were 57 channels and nothing on.

I have been plug pulled for around 10 years now. Figure I have saved $6-10,000.

Invention 20 years ago.

Think of just the radiation of 5G now (see link below).

Imagine what 5G could do without a person realizing it.

I'm wondering if they could get a person to change sex by watching CNN through manipulating the waves with software or even vote Democrat, etc.

------------------------------------

Nervous system manipulation by electromagnetic fields from monitors

Jan. 14, 2003
Abstract

Physiological effects have been observed in a human subject in response to stimulation of the skin with weak electromagnetic fields that are pulsed with certain frequencies near ½ Hz or 2.4 Hz, such as to excite a sensory resonance. Many computer monitors and TV tubes, when displaying pulsed images, emit pulsed electromagnetic fields of sufficient amplitudes to cause such excitation. It is therefore possible to manipulate the nervous system of a subject by pulsing images displayed on a nearby computer monitor or TV set. For the latter, the image pulsing may be imbedded in the program material, or it may be overlaid by modulating a video stream, either as an RF signal or as a video signal. The image displayed on a computer monitor may be pulsed effectively by a simple computer program. For certain monitors, pulsed electromagnetic fields capable of exciting sensory resonances in nearby subjects may be generated even as the displayed images are pulsed with subliminal intensity.
SUMMARY
Certain monitors can emit electromagnetic field pulses that excite a sensory resonance in a nearby subject, through image pulses that are so weak as to be subliminal. This is unfortunate since it opens a way for mischievous application of the invention, whereby people are exposed unknowingly to manipulation of their nervous systems for someone else's purposes. Such application would be unethical and is of course not advocated. It is mentioned here in order to alert the public to the possibility of covert abuse that may occur while being online, or while watching TV, a video, or a DVD.
https://patents.google.com/patent/US6506148B2/en

-----------------------------
May 23rd, 2023 at 2:26:18 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Interestingly, the nervous system (see prev post) is connected to the brain (higher-order thinking).

Simulated neurons are how AI programs learn using weights.

---------------------------

Neuroanatomy
Nervous system

The nervous system controls every aspect of body function. Ranging from essential physiological processes (body temperature and the sleep-wake cycle), voluntary commands (movement), all the way to the most complex features of a human being (higher-order thinking and the whole spectrum of emotional behaviour).
https://www.kenhub.com/en/library/anatomy/neuroanatomy

--------------------------
Page 14 of 15« First<1112131415>