United Drags Passenger from Plane

Page 3 of 13<123456>Last »
April 10th, 2017 at 2:57:30 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
I don't view the leggings as inappropriate, but I've no real familiarity with the item. The airline may claim they are 'trashy' but no one has stepped forward saying they saw those leggings and they were trashy, common, vulgar and put the airline in disrepute.
April 10th, 2017 at 3:00:53 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Fleastiff
I don't view the leggings as inappropriate, but I've no real familiarity with the item. The airline may claim they are 'trashy' but no one has stepped forward saying they saw those leggings and they were trashy, common, vulgar and put the airline in disrepute.

Dress code is dress code. Don't like it, pay for your ticket.
The President is a fink.
April 10th, 2017 at 3:06:42 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: terapined
In the leggings case, if this was a revenue ticket, no biggie

The biggie lay not with the incident itself, but with United's response to it.

Let me make it clear: leggings are not pants. They're more like hose. It's not tasteful to wear just leggings out in public, any more than it would be to wear just tights or pantyhose. That said: who the hell cares?

But United responded, on Twitter, as though there was a general dress code that bans the wearing of leggings. That's cold, when the subjects were young girls, and it leaves the impression any other passengers could be affected as well.

BTW, I got the impressions the girls did board after putting something else on. So this was a molehill that turned into a big mountain.

Good job.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
April 10th, 2017 at 3:29:35 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51

Frankly, there should have been no delay in his compliance, he should do his compensation negotiation at the counter. Take his belongings and leave. Promptly.
No excuses. No delays. No rudeness.

I disagree 100%. As someone who has went through this being on the plane when negotiating is definitely the best place. I knew the longer I argued with them the more delayed the plane would be. The longer delayed the more upset other passengers get and the airline desperately wants you off the flight so they can get going. At the time, maybe still true, the airline had no obligation to give me anything other than the next available flight. Had I got off the plane without making a scene I don't think they would have given me anything. Being an obstinate loud objector got me $1500.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 10th, 2017 at 3:36:44 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: DRich
Being an obstinate loud objector got me $1500.

I don't disagree with your stance. Making a scene is at the essence of many bargaining strategies. But perhaps such a strategy today could get you arrested?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
April 10th, 2017 at 4:14:31 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
The leggings were an issue that was arbitrary and capricious. I think one of the three girls was able to don "appropriate" attire.
Leggings or hose are inappropriate? We must shop at different grocery stores.

Yes, the bargaining position is best if you are still in your seat but there is a difference between seeking compensation while seated and obstinately refusing to budge when they tell you the news is simple: deplane.
April 10th, 2017 at 4:22:29 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Yes, the bargaining position is best if you are still in your seat but there is a difference between seeking compensation while seated and obstinately refusing to budge when they tell you the news is simple: deplane.

I'm half betting he did nothing but sit
there unmoving like a stone. The way
they dragged him is the way cops
move protesters who refuse to get up
out of the road. The way he squealed
is delightful, it was an indignant squeal,
how dare you touch me.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 10th, 2017 at 5:25:35 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Evenbob
The way
they dragged him is the way cops
move protesters who refuse to get up
out of the road. .

??????
He was out cold
69 yr old DR that had to see patients the next day
When they tried to remove him, they slammed his head against the armrest knocking him out
Chicago police on twitter actually claimed he fell into the armrest. They deleted that tweet but the internet saves :-)
They actually lost him in the terminal and he ran back onto the plane
United then had every passenger leave the plane
A cleanup crew quickly entered the empty plane to clean up all the blood
The flight departed a couple hours late
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 10th, 2017 at 5:31:54 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: terapined
??????
He was out cold
69 yr old DR that had to see patients the next day

Well, a MD should know that when you are on a plane you have next to no rights and the pilot is in charge. At the least when you being physically ejected by multiple cops or airline personnel it is time to admit the battle is lost and say, "OK, just let me get up and I will walk out!"

Then he tries to run back onto the plane?

I have no love lost for airlines. Letting someone on then asking them to leave is just awful. But when a guy makes a jerk out of himself like this, he loses my support.
The President is a fink.
April 10th, 2017 at 6:03:25 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: AZDuffman
Well, a MD should know that when you are on a plane you have next to no rights and the pilot is in charge. .

Why should an MD know?
Are MD's airline industry experts?
To become a medical Dr , you must study the airline business?
Medical patients are not as important as United employees trying to get to work?
Was there any other alternative but to knock him out cold?
One person on the flight told UA said he would volunteer if they upped the voucher to 1600.00
United laughed in his face

Its a 4 1/2 hour drive. Not outrageous
UA employees could have been driven to SDF and get there the same time as the delayed flight
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
Page 3 of 13<123456>Last »