Quote: ams288
Less credible? Huh?

And yet they don't find a clown who lies whenever he talks "less credible."

Go figure.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
April 11th, 2017 at 1:01:22 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Say, United, was moving 4 employees to Louisville worth $1.5 billion in market cap?

http://time.com/4734931/united-airlines-oscar-munoz-attack-passenger/?xid=homepage

Speak up. I can barely hear you.
April 11th, 2017 at 1:03:09 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I think United majorly screwed the pooch here and I would love nothing more for them to suffer some sort of fallout over this.

But this "boycott United" stuff just feels so phony to me.

Nobody flies United because they like it. You fly United when they have a better deal, a quicker flight, a more convenient departure time, etc.

I bet all of the people (besides maybe that doctor) who are saying "I'll never fly United again!" will actually fly United again.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 11th, 2017 at 1:20:11 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
It turns out he was giving a Gay patient
prescription drugs to have have sex with
him. He also has anger issues that he
see's a shrink for. Passengers are saying
what's not on the video is the guy
put up a huge stink over being kicked
off and that's why he was dragged out
of his seat. There's always more to a
story, isn't there.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 11th, 2017 at 1:20:55 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
If he surrendered his license how could he have patients awaiting him even in an office visit?

I don't know if public reaction would be different if it were "Ex-felon dragged off airplane" rather than "Passenger dragged off airplane".

Its a PR fiasco. UAL should have sold its own stock short last night. (I don't think that is possible but ....).
April 11th, 2017 at 1:24:22 PM permalink
Nareed
Quote: ams288
I bet all of the people (besides maybe that doctor) who are saying "I'll never fly United again!" will actually fly United again.

What choice is there? With the massive consolidation, there are only six "mayor" airlines left (Delta, American, Southwest, Jet Blue, Alaska, and United; you, six). This leaves you with Frontier, Allegiant, and Spirit as alternatives. Aside from the ULCC model issues, they lack the frequencies and punctuality of the bigger airlines. (No clue how to classify Hawaiian; they operate mostly as the national airline of Hawaii, with the US as a foreign country).

Now, for the more popular routes, there will always be alternatives. For other routes, not so much. Also I doubt people with large accumulations of miles and/or status with United, will switch to other airlines.

But a lot of people won't fly United anytime soon, while this outrages remains fresh. So they'll make less money in the next week or two. They'll probably settle any lawsuit quietly, as more exposure won't benefit them (even if they could win against the doctor).
April 11th, 2017 at 1:46:39 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Nareed
They'll probably settle any lawsuit quietly, as more exposure won't benefit them (even if they could win against the doctor).

What is United's legal liability? Weren't they police that "assaulted" and dragged the passenger off?
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 11th, 2017 at 1:50:38 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Fleastiff
If he surrendered his license how could he have patients awaiting him even in an office visit?

He's obviously a loon. What kind of real
doctor exchanges drugs for Gay sex with
a patient. He's Chinese and got his med
education in Viet Nam. He came here
thinking he was bulletproof, apparently.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 11th, 2017 at 2:02:36 PM permalink
Nareed
Quote: DRich
What is United's legal liability?

Maybe none.

And that's all screwed-up.

They have a right to deny boarding (even after the plane's been boarded). They have to offer compensation, though. They also have a right to remove anyone from the plane for just about any reason (though usually it's something nefarious like doing math, speaking Arabic, or looking Muslim).

Quote:
Weren't they police that "assaulted" and dragged the passenger off?

Weren't the police called by United?

The police might also be liable. But I wonder what United told them.

Still, absent summary judgment, a quiet settlement would cost far less in lost business and bad PR, not to mention legal fees, than even winning the lawsuit.
April 11th, 2017 at 2:55:17 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I just read that it wasn't even a United Airlines flight. It was United Express operated by Republic Airlines.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.