United Drags Passenger from Plane

April 11th, 2017 at 3:48:17 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: DRich
My point is the outrage should be directed at Republic Airlines as they employ and manage the staff. Where is the outcry "Don't fly Republic"? I believe Republic operates flights for United Express, American Eagle, and Delta Connection. Shouldn't we be boycotting all flights of Republic?

Who made the decision to deplane the passengers, who handled the matter, and who called the cops? Republic crew or United gate agents?

Further, the need arose for moving United employees. Lastly, whose policies were they following? United's or Republic's?

As I said: same difference.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
April 11th, 2017 at 3:57:47 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
You are still missing the point that having a history of trading narcotics for gay sex is not going to help your public opinion.

And why do we know all of this sordid history about the guy?

Because United screwed up and created this incident that went viral.

As I said yesterday: he's going to get lots of $$$$$$$ from United because of all of this. It's not going to go to trial. United will try to make it go away as quickly and quietly as possible.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 11th, 2017 at 4:17:24 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: ams288
And why do we know all of this sordid history about the guy?

Because United screwed up and created this incident that went viral.

As I said yesterday: he's going to get lots of $$$$$$$ from United because of all of this. It's not going to go to trial. United will try to make it go away as quickly and quietly as possible.

He will for sure play the lawsuit lottery. Like many before him who were committing a crime in one fashion or another but decide to go after a corporate deep pocket. A sad think about our nation that is.
The President is a fink.
April 11th, 2017 at 4:36:31 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
The entire planet against UA in this situation
AZ and EB for UA in this situation
ROTFL
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 11th, 2017 at 4:53:07 PM permalink
buzzardknot
Threads: 7
Put me with UA. They had him off the plane once, then he ran back on, and resisted the cops. They should have arrested him. What an asshole.
April 11th, 2017 at 6:01:29 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
They were showing other incidents, two of which involved people refusing to get off their cellphones. For those I went "yay". Hog tie them and drag them out!

I have my pet peeves to consider on those.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 11th, 2017 at 6:13:06 PM permalink
buzzardknot
Threads: 7
Yeah, screw the people who will miss their flight downstream if this crew does not get to board the plane. The whole world revolves around this jerk looking to file a lawsuit.
April 11th, 2017 at 6:35:19 PM permalink
Aussie
Threads: 2
Quote: AZDuffman
He will for sure play the lawsuit lottery. Like many before him who were committing a crime in one fashion or another but decide to go after a corporate deep pocket. A sad think about our nation that is.

It's not a lottery. In this case it's a slam dunk. Officer has already been suspended and department admitted their actions were not procedure. And that's before you even get into the allowable reasons for refusal of transport spelled out in United's own contract of carriage. You may think the guy has no credibility and/or is a nut job and you may well be right but he is still going to be in for nice payday.
April 12th, 2017 at 6:36:04 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
As usual, details are emerging late:

The flight was not overbooked, but the plane was full.

The plane was boarded normally, and only after it had boarded did the need to reposition four Republic crew became known. This explain why the offer to take a later flight plus compensation came when everyone was aboard. But this still speaks about mismanagement and poor judgment. Whatever the price to entice passengers not to board, it will be higher when asking them to actually leave a plane they've already boarded.

The offers to deplane was carried out by United personnel, as was the decision to bump some people and to call the cops.

All this just makes United look a lot worse.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
April 12th, 2017 at 7:43:51 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
UHHHHHHH....

Apparently you guys have been smearing the wrong Doctor!

David Thanh Duc Dao - United Airlines attack victim

David Anh Duy Dao - doctor who apparently traded painkillers for sex

In addition to the money he's gonna get from United, I suspect he's gonna get some more money from that newspaper that libeled him.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman