The Holy Trinity

June 13th, 2018 at 5:52:32 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: Wizard

EB has given permission for me to say that he confessed to the alleged insult via PM and acknowledges that FrG feels insulted, for which he is asking absolution.

Upon careful examination, EB was careful to not call FrG a dunderhead. My interpretation is he meant the followers of the church, not the leaders, like FrG. Still, I can see how FrG would feel insulted.

There isn't enough there to warrant a suspension but I do think a penance is on order. The penance will be to say three nice things about FrG.

Thanks for this Wizard. Again I think you would make a good priest because the penance should be meant to correct the sin. I think Evenbob and I need to heal our friendship and be more respectful to each other. Since I have already done this penance and I hope Bob read it I will look forward to his response. Somehow I don't think I will hold my breath though.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
June 13th, 2018 at 5:53:18 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
The penance will be to say three nice things about FrG.

How much time do I have. This
isn't as easy as it sounds.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 13th, 2018 at 6:31:07 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: FrGamble
Thanks for this Wizard. Again I think you would make a good priest because the penance should be meant to correct the sin.

Thank you. I take this as a very high compliment. Hopefully I won't let you down and feel free to keep me honest too.

Quote: Evenbob
How much time do I have. This
isn't as easy as it sounds.

There is no specific deadline but three days seems reasonable to me.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
June 13th, 2018 at 7:10:18 PM permalink
Evenbob
Thank you. I take this as a very high compliment. .

I would make a poor priest and proud
of it. I'm in no position to judge others,
I know better.

Quote:
There is no specific deadline but three days seems reasonable to me.

Did you mean three months? Or till the end
of summer? I only have one thing so
far and it's very back handed..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 13th, 2018 at 8:53:07 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
You like reductio ad absurdio don't you? You also really like straw men. My evidence is much more than the historical person of Jesus Christ who changed human history in a way that no one ever has or will. It is also miracles, scientific evidence, testimony of others, my personal experiences, and philosophical arguments.

You are right that no one will take your favorite dinosaur or your tiny unicorns seriously until you provide some evidence of their existence.

What scientific evidence?
Are virgins giving birth still?
June 13th, 2018 at 9:11:00 PM permalink
Evenbob
I hope Bob read it I will look forward to his response. Somehow I don't think I will hold my breath though.

I could say things like, you help
people. But so what, that's what
you were trained and hired to do,
if you didn't help people you
would lose your job. It's like
saying it's nice the guy mows my
yard, but that's his job, he only
does it cause he's paid.

See, not an easy task..
June 13th, 2018 at 9:14:38 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: aceofspades

Miracles, testimony of others,
my personal experiences, all
hearsay and meaningless as
evidence. And there is no
scientific proof, if there was there
would be no atheists. We would
be resistors against god, maybe,
but we wouldn't doubt his
existence.
June 13th, 2018 at 10:07:51 PM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: aceofspades

I was thinking more like an expanding universe, the Big Bang, the fine tuned physical laws, stuff like that. A virgin giving birth is more a miracle and there are plenty of those too.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
June 13th, 2018 at 10:09:37 PM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: Evenbob
We would
be resistors against god,

I have never heard a better definition of an atheist. I sincerely thank you.
June 13th, 2018 at 10:24:15 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
I was thinking more like an expanding universe, the Big Bang, the fine tuned physical laws, stuff like that. A virgin giving birth is more a miracle and there are plenty of those too.

There are plenty of virgin births, really? Aside from a virgin being artificially inseminated?