FBI Director Comey

May 16th, 2017 at 2:35:16 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
BREAKING: NYT is reporting that in February, Donald personally asked FBI Director Comey to end the Michael Flynn inquiry when they were alone together in the Oval Office.

Repeat after me: Obstruction of Justice!!!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 16th, 2017 at 2:45:02 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: ams288
BREAKING: NYT is reporting that in February, Donald personally asked FBI Director Comey to end the Michael Flynn inquiry when they were alone together in the Oval Office.

Time's fast approaching to appoint a special prosecutor to investigate Golden Boy for high crimes and misdemeanors.

I'm surprised. I honestly thought it would be at least 18 months before pressure mounted enough to do any such thing. and of course then the GOP would have delayed so as not to jinx the mid-term elections.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
May 16th, 2017 at 4:03:44 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Nareed
Time's fast approaching to appoint a special prosecutor to investigate Golden Boy for high crimes and misdemeanors.

I'm surprised. I honestly thought it would be at least 18 months before pressure mounted enough to do any such thing. and of course then the GOP would have delayed so as not to jinx the mid-term elections.

Trump rushes into everything and arrives flailing and unprepared.

Or should be "Russia".

He's good at signing his name though.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 16th, 2017 at 5:20:47 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58

Trump's the President. He has the power to pardon convicts. If Trump's only goal was to save Flynn, there was no need to pressure Comey; he could've just pardoned Flynn after conviction. Problem solved.

Surely Trump is aware of this. Which probably means that saving Flynn wasn't Trump's goal. The real worry was that investigating Flynn would lead to digging up dirt on Trump.

Apparently Fox News is having a hard time finding a GOP Congressman willing to defend Trump on camera.

Never a good sign when the Republican chairman of the House Oversight Committee is getting ready for a subpoena that could undermine his own party's President. Is Chaffetz bluffing? Does Chaffetz have the balls to follow through on the threat?
May 16th, 2017 at 5:23:08 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN18C2PI

Headline: Following advice, potential FBI chiefs steer clear of job under Trump

It is unfortunate to think that perhaps the most qualified people for that job won't take it because of Trump.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
May 16th, 2017 at 5:26:22 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Chaffetz ought to subpoena the "tapes", too. Surely if the memo is relevant, so are recordings of their conversations.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
May 16th, 2017 at 5:30:06 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote:
White House sources say Trump is cursing up a storm - ranting and raving. Yelling at staffers & using the "F" word. He's losing it tonight.

It's like Christmas has come early...
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 16th, 2017 at 7:18:08 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
It's like Christmas has come early...

Careful what you wish for. How do you feel about the words: "President Michael Pence"?

Pence would be more disciplined, focused, and competent at enacting the Republican agenda than Trump. As much as I hate Trump's early morning Twitter addiction, Trump's juvenile shenanigans are stalling Republican health care reform and Republican tax reform. He doesn't get along with Congress, and the endless scandals are taking their toll. A Trump presidency is kinda like driving down a highway and encountering a series of car crashes, one wreck after the next. All of that drama & carnage prevents Trump from accomplishing anything.

On the upside, Pence would be less likely to use nuclear weapons than Trump.
May 16th, 2017 at 10:15:38 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: reno
Careful what you wish for. How do you feel about the words: "President Michael Pence"?

Pence would be more disciplined, focused, and competent at enacting the Republican agenda than Trump. As much as I hate Trump's early morning Twitter addiction, Trump's juvenile shenanigans are stalling Republican health care reform and Republican tax reform. He doesn't get along with Congress, and the endless scandals are taking their toll. A Trump presidency is kinda like driving down a highway and encountering a series of car crashes, one wreck after the next. All of that drama & carnage prevents Trump from accomplishing anything.

On the upside, Pence would be less likely to use nuclear weapons than Trump.

With Pence it's back to the battle of ideas rather than sheer insanity and bufoonery. Which is fine with me in the long run as long as the right keeps abandoning science, higher education, and the downtrodden and celebrating selfishness, tradition*, the uber wealthy, and ignorance.

IMO, the reason most Supreme Court Justices move to left over time is they have to deal with consequences of real life decisions before them and justify them usually with logical argument not just ideology, rigid beliefs or tradition.

Even Scalia was more left later on.

*(I've no problem with tradition if it's not trumping better arguments)*

* yeah, the left has some silly stuff also, just less of it IMO.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 17th, 2017 at 6:36:33 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: reno

Right now, as the one least likely to lead America into ruin.

But that's just because there are no other viable candidates for the presidency.

Quote:
Pence would be more disciplined, focused, and competent at enacting the Republican agenda than Trump.

Yes, but also more realistic, more willing to compromise, more rational, and more within the realm of the possible. He'd drop outright bullshit like the border wall, or the constant digs at trade agreements. He'd also conduct diplomacy in an adult manner, one hopes.

And I don't think he'd use the power of the White House to enrich himself and his family.

I'm also hoping Trump's base will stand by their man, and turn out to vote in tiny numbers for the mid-terms. then President Pence will face a Democratic majority in Congress.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER