FBI Director Comey

May 17th, 2017 at 9:31:31 AM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Quote: Washington Post
The New York Times reports — and the Washington Post and other news organizations confirm — that President Trump, at a meeting with then-FBI Director James B. Comey the day after national security adviser Michael Flynn resigned, asked Vice President Pence and Attorney General Jeff Sessions to leave him and Comey alone in the Oval Office.

To me, this detsil is the most damning part of the story. Trump knew he was about to something dangerously unlawful. The fewer witnesses the better.
May 17th, 2017 at 10:03:25 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: reno
To me, this detsil is the most damning part of the story. Trump knew he was about to something dangerously unlawful. The fewer witnesses the better.

Oh, a prosecutor would have a field day showing how this indicates criminal intent.

But it's still not enough to impeach Golden Boy, much less give him the boot. It is enough, though, in fact more than enough, to launch an investigation on Trump, carried out by an independent prosecutor.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
May 17th, 2017 at 12:33:22 PM permalink
Nareed
Today Golden Boy continues the downward spiral, reaching 39.9 approval in the Real Clear Politics average.

Disapproval has climbed the heights of 55%.

It's a thing of beauty.
May 17th, 2017 at 12:48:05 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Nareed
Today Golden Boy continues the downward spiral, reaching 39.9 approval in the Real Clear Politics average.

Disapproval has climbed the heights of 55%.

It's a thing of beauty.

FAKE POLLS

*jams fingers in ears*
*Turns on Fox News*

Ahhhhhh, that's better!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 17th, 2017 at 1:05:17 PM permalink
Nareed
Quote: ams288
FAKE POLLS

One can counter-paraphrase Pauline Kael " But no one I know voted against him!"
May 17th, 2017 at 1:16:37 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
The GOP Congress will drag their feet and do every possible thing they can to avoid impeaching him, and a part of me is absolutely delighted by their stubbornness. The longer Trump sticks around, the more he becomes permanently associated with the Republican Party.

Quote: President Obama
And the question I think that [the Republicans] have to ask themselves is, if you are repeatedly having to say in very strong terms that what [Trump] has said is unacceptable, why are you still endorsing him? What does this say about your party that this is your standard bearer? This isn’t a situation where you have an episodic gaffe. This is daily, and weekly, where they are distancing themselves from statements he’s making. There has to be a point in which you say, this is not somebody I can support for President of the United States, even if he purports to be a member of my party....There has to come a point at which you say, enough. And the alternative is that the entire party, the Republican Party, effectively endorses and validates the positions that are being articulated by Mr. Trump.

Obama said that on August 2, 2016. It was true then, and it's even truer now. Seriously, why does the GOP want to prolong their humiliation?
May 17th, 2017 at 1:17:47 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: reno
Seriously, why does the GOP want to prolong their humiliation?

Tax cuts for the rich.

That's the reason.
May 17th, 2017 at 3:13:05 PM permalink
ams288
We finally have a Special Counsel to investigate Russia!

DOJ has just appointed former FBI Director Robert Mueller as Special Counsel.
May 17th, 2017 at 3:24:53 PM permalink
Nareed
Quote: ams288
We finally have a Special Counsel to investigate Russia!

DOJ has just appointed former FBI Director Robert Mueller as Special Counsel.

It was ethically inevitable. I pointed out a few days ago the deputy attorney general was overseeing the investigation, then he wrote the memo recommending the removal of the head of the FBI <roll-eyes>.

But I expected Golden Boy to kick, scream, pull someone's hair, and hold his breath for weeks before folding and twittering how unfair the media is being again.
May 17th, 2017 at 4:08:54 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Nareed
It was ethically inevitable. I pointed out a few days ago the deputy attorney general was overseeing the investigation, then he wrote the memo recommending the removal of the head of the FBI <roll-eyes>.

But I expected Golden Boy to kick, scream, pull someone's hair, and hold his breath for weeks before folding and twittering how unfair the media is being again.
It looks more like Hollywood, than it does government. edit
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW