Threads: 73
Quote: RonC
Yet another ridiculous overstatement.

I actually think this is true
This was AZ's SOP
Anytime Trump was accused of groping, AZ always turned to Bill

Trump trolled the London Mayor via Twitter. All thought it was disgusting
AZ defended
AZ and EB are part of the small group that has determined that Trump can do NO wrong
So Nareed is correct
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 8th, 2017 at 8:21:52 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: terapined
I actually think this is true
This was AZ's SOP
Anytime Trump was accused of groping, AZ always turned to Bill

The only "truth" in it is the unwillingness of people entrenched on either side to call out someone on their side and to hammer anyone on the other side. That isn't the majority of people, of course, but it is the vocal minority...like the more prolific posters here.
June 8th, 2017 at 8:33:37 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Seems pretty clear that Comey thinks Donald is guilty of obstruction of justice - he just doesn't want to be that blunt to come out and say it.

"Why did he kick everybody out of the oval office? That to me is a very significant fact."

Donald knew what he was doing was wrong.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 8th, 2017 at 8:43:12 AM permalink
ams288
From the first page of this thread:

Quote: ams288
I wonder how Comey is feeling about unauthorized leaks this evening...

You know he's got dirt on Donald...

Comey just said that after he was fired, he authorized his friend to leak the details of the Flynn discussion in the Oval office to the media. Because Comey wanted to get a special prosecutor appointed!

How do you like them apples?!?!?
June 8th, 2017 at 8:44:12 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Comey sounds just as spineless as everyone made him out to be during the Clinton investigation. How hard is to say that what you are being asked to do may well be inappropriate or to go talk to the White House counsel to tell them you are concerned?

That clearly does not make the President "right" or anything like that...it is just that Comey is using a lot of word salad to describe an inability to do the right thing. I don't like the way he was fired...but there is not much doubt that he should have been fired. He was not person enough to do the job.
June 8th, 2017 at 8:48:53 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: terapined
So Nareed is correct

Thank you.

I am always correct. Except on those occasions when I'm not.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
June 8th, 2017 at 8:58:22 AM permalink
ams288
Comey sounds just as spineless as everyone made him out to be during the Clinton investigation. How hard is to say that what you are being asked to do may well be inappropriate or to go talk to the White House counsel to tell them you are concerned?

There is this theory out there (from the ever-unverified Rogue POTUS Staff twitter account):

Quote: @RoguePOTUSStaff
Looking more and more like Comey has secrets of his own he'd trying to protect. His own secondary agenda that may have blown up in his face.

Sense is that Comey was glory hunting. Purposely waffled on raising alarms over POTUS intrusion b/c he hoped for a spectacular bust.
June 8th, 2017 at 9:05:45 AM permalink
ams288
Oh jeez.

Bill-O is twittering. And making a fool of himself.

Quote: @billoreilly
Comey admits he asked a friend to leak his conversation w/ Trump about Flynn to a reporter. A bombshell the sluggish Senators are ignoring.

Major development! If Trump knew about that, that was cause to fire Comey.

Comey had, of course, already been fired at that point.
June 8th, 2017 at 9:08:03 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: ams288
Oh jeez.

Bill-O is twittering. And making a fool of himself.

What the lech is in effect saying: "Outr side may be guilty of criminal behavior, but you had the infernal gall to point it out!"
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
June 8th, 2017 at 9:26:01 AM permalink
ams288
I don't think it is a "Nothing Burger" as EB does, but they are having a hard time finding anything beyond lies in the Comey testimony.

The WH would like you to know that Donald is not a liar.

"I can definitely say the president is not a liar and frankly I'm insulted by that question." - Sarah Huckabee Sanders

LOLOLOLOL