FBI Director Comey

June 8th, 2017 at 9:55:35 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
The WH would like you to know that Donald is not a liar.

"I can definitely say the president is not a liar and frankly I'm insulted by that question." - Sarah Huckabee Sanders

LOLOLOLOL

Wow
Sarah Huckabee Sanders is insulted by the truth
ROTFL
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 8th, 2017 at 10:12:41 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
The WH would like you to know that Donald is not a liar.

Once the primaries ended, every single one of us knew a liar would be sworn in 1/20/2017.

We did not know which liar it would be until election night.

That being said, the liar that is the main concern is the President. Hillary's lies, since she lost (in the manner elections for President are decided in this country), matter a whole hell of a lot less.

We still don't know is where the lies of the President will take us.
June 8th, 2017 at 10:13:37 AM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
This exchange about Jeff Sessions seems a bit mysterious...

SENATOR RON WYDEN (D-OR): “What was it about the attorney general’s own interactions with the Russians or his behavior with regard to the investigation that would have led the entire leadership of the FBI to make this decision?”

JAMES COMEY: “Our judgment, as I recall, was that he was very close to and inevitably going to recuse himself for a variety of reasons. We also were aware of facts that I can’t discuss in an open setting, that would make his continued engagement in a Russia-related investigation problematic and so we were—we were convinced and in fact, I think we had already heard that the career people [at the Justice Department] were recommending that he recuse himself, that he was not going to be in contact with Russia related matters much longer.”
June 8th, 2017 at 10:17:46 AM permalink
RonC
I still wonder about the appointment of Mueller as a Special Counsel--it seems that he is too close to Comey to be in that position in spite of his great record.

Surely there had to be some other proven person without those ties who could have been appointed.
June 8th, 2017 at 10:18:26 AM permalink
RonC
Duplicate Post
June 8th, 2017 at 10:28:02 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: RonC
Once the primaries ended, every single one of us knew a liar would be sworn in 1/20/2017.

We did not know which liar it would be until election night.

That being said, the liar that is the main concern is the President. Hillary's lies, since she lost (in the manner elections for President are decided in this country), matter a whole hell of a lot less.

We still don't know is where the lies of the President will take us.

How did I know you were gonna bring Hillary back into this? LOL
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 8th, 2017 at 11:09:04 AM permalink
RonC
How did I know you were gonna bring Hillary back into this? LOL

You mean how do I dare bring up the truth? Clearly, I brought up to point out that we were in a shitty spot at the time of the election. I did not somehow try to equate the consequences of her lies to the consequences of the President's.

It is not some glowing indication of support for the President that I say the we don't know where the President's lies will take us.

Why do you feel the need to get all knotted up over any mention of the other candidate in any context? I'm certainly not saying that this is anyone else's fault or anything like that.

I know, of course, why...it is because you truly do not believe that, equally or unequally with the President, that candidate was a flawed candidate and you just think she should have won simply because the polls said so. You often point out that it bothers Trump that he did not get the majority of the votes...it should bother you just as much that the other candidate forgot to schedule an extra visit or two to a few important states in her campaign.

Again, the part you ignored, is that I don't know where the lies of the President will take us.
June 8th, 2017 at 11:20:34 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: RonC
Why do you feel the need to get all knotted up over any mention of the other candidate in any context?

Because you're a one trick pony.

Any negative mention of a Republican (even one you claim to not really like), your head starts spinning "how can I turn this around on a Dem?"

"Donald's a liar? Well, so was Hillary! Ha!"

Come 2020, whoever the Dem nominee is, you're going to play the "both candidates are bad" card again and will end up supporting the party that has enabled Corrupt Donald and all of his lies.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 8th, 2017 at 11:28:33 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
"I can definitely say the president is not a liar and frankly I'm insulted by that question." - Sarah Huckabee Sanders

LOLOLOLOL

Years ago I caught a terrible B-grade post-apocalyptic movie on a sleepless night on cable. The post-modern savages kept expecting the mythical figure of "The President" to come and save them, a kind of post-apocalypse messiah, if you will.

It feels like that today, doens't it? Everyone keeps waiting for the mythical figure of The President to show up and take charge. Golden Boy may have won the election. He may occuppy the Oval Office. He may issue executive orders. But he's certainly not The President.

His detractors know he's not only unqualified, but way out of his depth. His supporters keep hoping he'll act presidential, as though that will amke him suddenly fit for office.

But for all intents and purposes, the office of President of the United States has been vacant since January 2017.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
June 8th, 2017 at 11:30:41 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
What a day. Trump is totally exonerated
on the obstruction of justice fantasy,
he really did get told he wasn't under
investigation, Lotetta Lynch needs to
be perp walked, and John McCain has
totally lost his mind in dementia. A
great day for President Trump. Oh,
and Comey is a prima donna media
whore, this is all about him him him..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.