FBI Director Comey

Page 24 of 25« First<2122232425>
June 9th, 2017 at 12:55:02 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: SOOPOO
Correct. Trump may be foolish. He may be selfish. He may be untrustworthy. He may be rash. But there is no evidence that I saw presented that even comes close to a crime. People who want to see a crime will do so solely because they hate DJT. Actual evidence is not important to them.

Clinton committed perjury on a peripheral question about having relationships.

Trump could easily do the same since he's lied about so much.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 9th, 2017 at 1:13:19 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Today, the GOP has finally become the party of Nixon: "If the president does it, it's not illegal."
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
June 9th, 2017 at 1:51:25 PM permalink
rxwine
If Comey wanted to lie about Trump I'm pretty sure he knows how to make Trump's statement unquestioningly incriminating. Why bother under oath to risk perjury with a half ass statement of untruth?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 9th, 2017 at 1:57:36 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: rxwine
If Comey wanted to lie about Trump I'm pretty sure he knows how make Trump's statement unquestioningly incriminating. Why bother under oath to risk perjury with a half ass statement of untruth?

Why bother getting 3 million illegal votes and waste them all on Blue states?

Logic is worthless in the land of Trump.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
June 9th, 2017 at 2:11:57 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: rxwine
If Comey wanted to lie about Trump I'm pretty sure he knows how make Trump's statement unquestioningly incriminating. Why bother under oath to risk perjury with a half ass statement of untruth?

One of them should hope that there are no tapes.

The option that is good for Trump is if there are tapes and they back up what he says.

So, if Trump produces no tapes, either they don't back up what he said, or they don't exist like he implied that they might. Neither of those options are good for Trump.

The worst one for him is if the tapes are subpoenad and back up what Comey said, or if they are subpoenad and they claim there are no tapes, but someone finds out that there are.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
June 9th, 2017 at 3:27:12 PM permalink
rxwine
Right now, we've got the former director of the FBI called a liar by Trump.

As more and more people might come to testify, let's see how many times we have Trump saying they are a liar about something.

Even without a bombshell, every lie he claims against them will weigh on his own credibility. (not that I think he has much of any)
June 9th, 2017 at 3:39:43 PM permalink
rxwine
In fact, if Trump's habit of excessive lying takes him down, then I truly think then (see below)

----> http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/chickens-come-home-to-roost.html

And good riddance.
June 9th, 2017 at 3:40:57 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
In my opinion he already has no credibility.

Just off the top of my head, he lied about appointing a special Clinton prosecutor, he lied about releasing his taxes, he lied about labeling China a currency manipulator, he lied that he had a plan to defeat ISIS, he lied when he said he wouldn't cut Medicare/Medicaid/social security.

To be fair that last one is only a proposal, he hasn't actually been able to accomplish that, like much else, but his proposal if implemented would break that promise.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
June 9th, 2017 at 3:55:56 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Dalex64
In my opinion he already has no credibility.

Well...I agree, but multiple claims of people lying against him under oath will sink him. Perhaps only family members like Kushner will stick their neck out and lie under oath, but I don't think anyone in the Oval office under oath will take the fall for Trump once they're under legal pressure.

I think Nixon had more loyalists than Trump. I think even people like Bannon will turn on him if he has to protect himself.
June 9th, 2017 at 4:12:10 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Evenbob
Suckers.....

Describing Trump?
He should have left the Comey thing alone
But
Trump cant keep his mouth shut, calling Comey a liar
What a sucker Trump is
Now the story is if Trump or Comey is lying.
With Trumps track record, of course common sense is Trump is lying.
Just makes Trump look petty and stupid.
Trump is such a sucker
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
Page 24 of 25« First<2122232425>