Al Gore Net Worth

Page 1 of 3123>
May 15th, 2017 at 10:30:18 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
I was sidetracked while surfing the web and came across Al Gore's business interests. His financial disclosure when he became VP was $1 -$2 million consisting mainly of his home. The darling of the left has managed to parlay his vice presidency into a net worth of $176,000,000 today. Of course I am sure he has done this without pedaling any influence and only investing in totally green projects. In fact his green projects must have been so successful that he has kept the Arctic from becoming ice free and the rise in the ocean levels to an insignificant amount. Apparently being rich is fine as long as you are a leftie.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
May 15th, 2017 at 10:31:57 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I wonder if he pays taxes.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 15th, 2017 at 1:34:53 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
August 15, 2014
Al Gore started a TV network ("current TV") in 2004, but selling it to the Qatar government so they could rebrand as "Al Jazeera America" gave them access to about 43 million U.S. homes. Gore was to make an estimated $100 million on the sale of the network.

Other than the founding fathers and pre Donald Trump the wealthiest American President was Theodore Roosevelt (1858–1919) who was worth $138 million at his wealthiest in inflation adjusted dollars. The Clinton's are worth less than $80 million. So Al Gore certainly amassed a great fortune much of which came from simply summarizing research done by other people.
May 15th, 2017 at 2:01:24 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
I do not think it is so much from investing in profitable green projects as getting the believers to hand over their money, thinking Gore can spend it better than they can.
The President is a fink.
May 15th, 2017 at 2:29:47 PM permalink
kenarman
Quote: Pacomartin
August 15, 2014
Al Gore started a TV network ("current TV") in 2004, but selling it to the Qatar government so they could rebrand as "Al Jazeera America" gave them access to about 43 million U.S. homes. Gore was to make an estimated $100 million on the sale of the network.

Other than the founding fathers and pre Donald Trump the wealthiest American President was Theodore Roosevelt (1858–1919) who was worth $138 million at his wealthiest in inflation adjusted dollars. The Clinton's are worth less than $80 million. So Al Gore certainly amassed a great fortune much of which came from simply summarizing research done by other people.

Al Gore is also on the boards of both Apple and Google and owns $30 million in Apple stock, presumably some of it came from board member options.
May 15th, 2017 at 2:35:10 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
I do not think it is so much from investing in profitable green projects as getting the believers to hand over their money,

(emphasis added in bold)

This sounds exactly like the Trump University scam.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 15th, 2017 at 2:45:16 PM permalink
kenarman
August 15, 2014

So lets put the above into perspective. Our supposed greenest politician ever makes 10"s of millions selling an asset at an inflated price to the TV network that represents the largest oil producing countries. He didn't have this asset when he became VP but he has it to sell within a few years of leaving office. People think there is something suspicious about Trump's relationship with Russia and this has never been questioned?
May 15th, 2017 at 3:40:27 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: kenarman
People think there is something suspicious about Trump's relationship with Russia

I didn't think so until his lackeys started covering it up. Now that he's fired the guy investigating his campaign, I'm sure there's something suspicious. You don't cover things up if there's nothing to see.

Quote:
and this has never been questioned?

Remind me, what charge or post does Al Gore currently hold, or has held since January 2001? He's as irrelevant to current politics as if he were still VP.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
May 15th, 2017 at 4:51:59 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Nareed
Remind me, what charge or post does Al Gore currently hold, or has held since January 2001? He's as irrelevant to current politics as if he were still VP.

Gore served on Apple's board since 2003.

In 2013, Gore exercised options, at US$7.48 a share, on 59,000 shares of Apple Inc. On paper, it was about a US$30-million payday based on the company’s share price on the day he claimed the options. Gore isn’t finished exercising his Apple stock grants. Those 59,000 are part of 101,358 Apple options and shares of restricted stock Gore has amassed, according to company filings. Apple Shares are worth $155 today.

Gore is a limousine liberal, a tiresome pedant and climate alarmist who lives a jet-setting, carbon-profligate lifestyle while preaching asceticism for everyone else. In this way he is similar to Prince Charles who argues that it is worthwhile to lease a megayacht because it has a smaller carbon footprint than a private jet.

Piaggio makes executive turboprops that should meet the luxury demands of even an Al Gore or a British prince, but burn a fraction of the fuel of a jet.

They are slower and more limited in range than a private jet, so you still have to fly first class when you are flying transcontinental or over oceans. But that is still a small sacrifice to save the environment.
Cruise speed: 366 mph
Range: 1,738 mi
May 15th, 2017 at 5:05:18 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Gore is a limousine liberal, a tiresome pedant and climate alarmist who lives a jet-setting, carbon-profligate lifestyle while preaching asceticism for everyone else. In this way he is similar to Prince Charles who argues that it is worthwhile to lease a megayacht because it has a smaller carbon footprint than a private jet.

I think you missed a recent post where I said all politicians are corrupt, bottom-feeding scum.

Gore may be out of politics, but he remains a politician. Prince Dumbo may not ever have held a post, but he's also well-trained in politics (If he wants to do something good, for a change, he ought to abdicate in favor of his son before he takes the throne after his mother passes away).
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
Page 1 of 3123>