Too good for jail

Page 2 of 2<12
May 17th, 2017 at 9:06:18 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Don't let a pretty face fool you.

(or at least take precautions -- wear stab resistant clothing)
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 17th, 2017 at 9:21:24 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I haven't totally made up my mind on drugs & alcohol and acts of violence.

Personally, I never reacted violently, but I've seen friends and others out of control in that way. An old friend of mine completely destroyed the inside of his (now ex) girlfriend's house with his bare hands. Even tore the furniture apart. I wasn't there, but I saw the aftermath.

Though there are now special drugs (slang/bath salts?) that seem to have a propensity for completely deranged behavior, I'm talking about the more ordinary kind.

He was drinking Btw.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 18th, 2017 at 6:54:30 AM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Quote: Pacomartin
An Oxford University student who stabbed her boyfriend could be spared jail because she has ‘extraordinary’ talent .

Why didn't that work for Paris Hilton?
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
May 18th, 2017 at 12:49:44 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Paris Hilton ain't got nothin'.
May 18th, 2017 at 4:30:10 PM permalink
DJTeddyBear
Threads: 5
Quote: Nareed
Bread knife as in the flat, short, blunt knife placed with bread servings?
That's a butter knife.
Ignorance is bliss and knowledge is power. But having only some facts can get you into trouble!
May 18th, 2017 at 5:17:25 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: DJTeddyBear
That's a butter knife.
Yeah, guess so, but how accurate are reporters on the police beat in Oxford? I've seen two depictions of the knife in the media, each markedly different from the other, so I have no idea of the truth of the matter.
May 19th, 2017 at 2:42:35 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: Evenbob
Crime of passion, first offense. She should walk. The boyfriend probably had it coming.
All true statements but the essential point in the UK press and in TwitterSpace is that an identical situation involving a black defendant would result in a custodial sentence. She is young, white and photogenic with money to hire a good lawyer rather than an appointed counsel.
Its similar to the Stanford student who raped a drunk women behind a dumpster. Do you ruin someone's life because of a "one-off" event that appears to be grossly contrary to their normal character?

It should perhaps be noted that Oxford has agreed to accept her back despite the violent incident.
Page 2 of 2<12