Threads: 6
Quote: fleaswatter
their constituents were too stupid to understand "quid pro quo". LOL

BAHAHA! 🤣🤣🤣🤣
November 16th, 2019 at 2:45:18 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: ams288
Have any righties been able to explain why the WH’s readout of Donny’s April call with the Ukrainian Prez said they discussed combatting corruption, but the transcript Donny released that was read by Nunes yesterday had not one mention of “corruption?”

Seems like kind of a big tell, doesn’t it?

*crickets* As I expected.

So when our more reasonable non-Kool Aid-drinking righties like SOOPOO claim that Donald was concerned about “corruption,” I’m gonna call B.S. every time. No more gaslighting. Donny doesn’t give a flying f*** about corruption. All he wanted was an announcement of an investigation into the Bidens to help his 2020 political prospects.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 16th, 2019 at 3:18:08 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Donny doesn’t give a flying f*** about corruption.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 17th, 2019 at 7:39:29 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
*crickets* As I expected.

So when our more reasonable non-Kool Aid-drinking righties like SOOPOO claim that Donald was concerned about “corruption,” I’m gonna call B.S. every time. No more gaslighting. Donny doesn’t give a flying f*** about corruption. All he wanted was an announcement of an investigation into the Bidens to help his 2020 political prospects.

Of course if I had to pick a motive for DJT in this whole mess it was he hated the Bidens. But that doesn’t change the fact that the Bidens were corrupt. So DJT gets a pass here. Because you don’t use the word ‘corruption’ during a single phone conversation means zilch. Quite frankly, his lines of thought are often so disjointed I can’t tell if he means what he says. Can you? As stated. Not impeachable. Vote him out!
November 17th, 2019 at 5:43:15 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Real Clear Politics average of all polls has DJT at his highest point in the last 6 weeks. It appears some people are able to see the hearings for what they really are.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
November 17th, 2019 at 5:53:41 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: kenarman
Real Clear Politics average of all polls has DJT at his highest point in the last 6 weeks. It appears some people are able to see the hearings for what they really are.

With his mystery visit to the hospital yesterday, people are feeling much better about Donny’s presidency now that he’s probably dying.*

He’s probably not actually dying, but a boy can dream...
November 17th, 2019 at 8:18:09 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
With his mystery visit to the hospital yesterday,

Mystery? Not quite.

"Donald Trump has unexpectedly spent more than two hours in hospital for what the White House said were tests that form part of his annual physical check-up.
Press secretary Stephanie Grisham said the 73-year-old was “anticipating a very busy 2020” and wanted to take advantage of “a free weekend” in Washington to begin portions of his routine check-up."
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 18th, 2019 at 3:39:34 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: Evenbob
Mystery? Not quite.

"Donald Trump has unexpectedly spent more than two hours in hospital for what the White House said were tests that form part of his annual physical check-up.
Press secretary Stephanie Grisham said the 73-year-old was “anticipating a very busy 2020” and wanted to take advantage of “a free weekend” in Washington to begin portions of his routine check-up."

If you believe that, I’ve got some ocean front property in Nebraska to sell ya.
November 18th, 2019 at 9:55:48 AM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Quote: SOOPOO
Not impeachable. Vote him out!

Very much impeachable. Congress approved military aid for Ukraine but Trump withheld it as part of a campaign to pressure Ukraine into publicly launching an investigation of a political rival. There's a record of him doing it. There are multiple credible witnesses to the phone call and the larger campaign. Several Trump allies and administraiton officials have admitted to it on camera. Trump even admitted it on the WH lawn, lol. It's OBVIOUS he did this.

And holding US foreign policy hostage to personal political favors is a STRAIGHTFORWARD abuse of power, which is PRECISELY what the founders had in mind when wrote impeachment into the Constitution.

You're just wrong about this.
November 18th, 2019 at 10:07:31 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Tripdufan
Very much impeachable. Congress approved military aid for Ukraine but Trump withheld it as part of a campaign to pressure Ukraine into publicly launching an investigation of a political rival. There's a record of him doing it. There are multiple credible witnesses to the phone call and the larger campaign. Several Trump allies and administraiton officials have admitted to it on camera. Trump even admitted it on the WH lawn, lol. It's OBVIOUS he did this.

And holding US foreign policy hostage to personal political favors is a STRAIGHTFORWARD abuse of power, which is PRECISELY what the founders had in mind when wrote impeachment into the Constitution.

You're just wrong about this.

I think we have come to the we can agree to disagree moment. You say it is impeachable. To me there should be no impeachment if there is no chance of a conviction. Have you heard a single Republican senator who will be voting on impeachment say that they have seen any evidence which would cause them to vote for conviction? Since the answer is a resounding no, he should not be impeached. Your interpretation of the phone call and other evidence is clearly tainted by your total distain for the man. I have disdain for the man also, but I do not feel anything I have heard should have him impeached.

Once again, you keep saying he did it for political reasons. He can reasonably say that there are two blatantly corrupt individuals, one of whom was the second highest ranking American, who were clearly abusing power and likely committing crimes. He asked a foreign entity to help him root out these criminals. Yes, he was strong arming them. Yes, he is sleazy. Most likely he had bad intentions. NOT ENOUGH TO WARRANT IMPEACHMENT.