The Trump Impeachment Thread

June 4th, 2017 at 12:40:57 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: ams288
LOL
She's a stand up comic. Her career isn't over. She'll still sell out theaters all over the country.

Really? Don't click on the link and wise
yourself up, but all of her gigs have
been cancelled now. Every last one.
She's a pariah, she's the female Bill
Cosby. It was her foolish press conference
that pushed a lot of the cancellations,
she's so stupid she couldn't be contrite.
No, she had to put the blame on
everybody but herself. Just like Hillary.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4568198/Kathy-Griffin-loses-rest-tour-gigs.html?mrn_rm=rta-fallback
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 4th, 2017 at 2:13:30 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Evenbob
Why should you wise yourself up at
this stage, it would only embarrass
you at how wrong you've been.

Actually you are wrong
There are constant reports of Trump considering a admin shakeup. Does not mean there is a shakeup
Sorry EB
AMS 1, EB 0
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 4th, 2017 at 2:27:14 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
She's a pariah, she's the female Bill
Cosby.

Yawn
It will all blow over and be forgotten
Bill Cosby broke the law and is going to court, big difference

Amazes me how conservatives going bonkers over this. Nugent threatened and I yawned.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 4th, 2017 at 4:59:52 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

LOL - seven shows canceled. The horror!

She'll be back. And I'll be buying a ticket.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 4th, 2017 at 5:41:51 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
I've heard from my liberal friends and relatives about their feelings on this issue. They don't have a good reason for supporting the airhead's disgusting attempt at "comedy" or whatever it was. Their reason is the answer of fools everywhere--some version of "well, Ted Nugent said awful things" or "well, people said hateful things about President Obama."

Let's be clear where I stand:

--I did not like President Obama. I did not like him politically and he made many decisions, policies, etc. that I did not agree with while he was President. Post-Presidency, I wish he would do as his predecessors have mostly done--step out of the public eye, make some money on speeches, and support humanitarian causes. However, he is free (without needing my permission, which is not at all what I am implying, of course) to do as he pleases.

--I am not happy with everything President Trump is doing. I disagree with the Left's (and the media's) method of attacking him. It may, of course, work...but if he even turns out to be as good of a President as Obama (not a high bar at all) in the eyes of the people, the Left and the media will be largely discredited and probably soundly defeated. Attack policies and not personally would be a much better way to defeat him and the Republicans.

--ANY racist comments are disgusting. There is no license to make them.

--ANY threats of violence, talk of violence, wishes of the death of the President, etc. are similarly disgusting.

--Ted Nugent was, of course, wrong in saying the things he has said.

--Ted Nugent being wrong does not make this act somehow "right."

If that is now our standard as a society, it is a sad thing.

I do apologize for cursing.

I don't apologize for being disgusted that someone tries to tell me what my positions are in spite of what I say they are.

It was worth it; however, I will try not to do it again!!
June 4th, 2017 at 5:45:49 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: ams288
LOL - seven shows canceled. The horror!

She'll be back. And I'll be buying a ticket.

She probably will be back.

She lost the CNN gig, all of her remaining tour, and the respect of whole lot people.

She and her lawyer looked like idiots in the press conference. Her best tactic would have been to let it pass but she must think grabbing as much attention as she can is a better solution.

I really think she thought this would get her better publicity than it has but any publicity is good publicity.

I hope her show is worth the money, ams288!
June 4th, 2017 at 6:59:02 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: RonC
I hope her show is worth the money, ams288!

Oh, it absolutely will be. I've always wanted to see her on tour, just never got around to it.

Hopefully the Dems will nominate a candidate with enough balls to have her in the oval office in 2021 for a smiling photo op, like Donald did with Ted Nugent this year. That'd be great! Rightie snowflakes would melt!!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 4th, 2017 at 7:23:00 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Quote: NareedBoo fucking hoo.

Wizard
Profanity. Three-day suspension.

Are you having a bad day Mike. As you know Nareed and I often get into it but I will defend him here. Your rules but that comment was pretty gentle.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
June 4th, 2017 at 11:58:53 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: terapined
Amazes me how conservatives going bonkers over this

No doubt. That's because you and your
ilk need a moral compass, you think
there are no lines that can't be crossed
and when somebody crosses one, you
are 'amazed', as you just said.

Not as amazed as the smelly skank, who
will indeed be old if her 'career' ever
amounts to a hill of beans again. She's
56 now, maybe when she's collecting
Social Security she can get a gig here
and there.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 6th, 2017 at 9:18:39 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
I finally saw somewhere a rumor or allegation that the Russians actually hacked into a real American voting booth or something like that. Let's assume that it is true, and we can now find evidence that in enough battleground states HRC really won if only the real votes were counted. And let's say the evidence is indisputable. Let's also say that this was totally a Russian thing, without collusion or even knowledge of DJT.

What happens? Can a new Electoral College be convened? Is there anyway to overturn the election once the Electoral College has voted?