The Trump Impeachment Thread

December 3rd, 2019 at 6:16:31 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Only a moron would evaluate the work of a multi-tasker without knowing the exact work the multi-tasker is doing
Just common sense
I cant evaluate an employee's work if don't know what exactly what the work is. That's for morons. I'm not a moron lol
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 3rd, 2019 at 8:21:07 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Devin Nunes...ever hear of a burner phone?
December 3rd, 2019 at 8:34:49 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Tripdufan
Devin Nunes...ever hear of a burner phone?

Nunes has a ironclad lawsuit against
CNN for $435 mil for all the fake
news they reported about him. His
lawyers have been gathering evidence
for months.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 4th, 2019 at 4:30:30 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
news they reported about him.

Suuuuuure.

Just like that racist Covington thug had an ironclad lawsuit. lol
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 4th, 2019 at 5:44:42 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
news they reported about him. His
lawyers have been gathering evidence
for months.

Wanna bet? Just like there is (and should be!) an extremely high bar to impeach a President, the same goes for libel/slander lawsuits. You want to err on keeping a duly elected President in office, just as you want to err on the side of protecting free speech.
December 4th, 2019 at 2:27:12 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: SOOPOO
Wanna bet? Just like there is (and should be!) an extremely high bar to impeach a President, the same goes for libel/slander lawsuits. You want to err on keeping a duly elected President in office, just as you want to err on the side of protecting free speech.

Nunes reminds me of Zimmerman
The Z man is suing everybody involved in his trial for 100 million
Why doesn't Nunez go all in and sue for and even billion
I really cant imagine that he has been damaged to the tune of 1/2 billion
His feelings are hurt and he wants a 1/2 billion lol

George Zimmerman plans to sue nearly everyone involved in his trial for $100 million
https://www.cltampa.com/news-views/florida-news/article/21104469/george-zimmerman-an-acquitted-florida-child-killer-plans-to-sue-everyone-involved-in-his-trial
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 4th, 2019 at 4:38:30 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
So, not only is it reported that Horowitz found no bias at the FBI, it's now being reported that John Durham is also finding nothing.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/barrs-handpicked-prosecutor-tells-inspector-general-he-cant-back-right-wing-theory-that-russia-case-was-us-intelligence-setup/2019/12/04/17e084dc-16a9-11ea-9110-3b34ce1d92b1_story.html

The rabbit hole you all have dug for yourselves gets deeper, and deeper, and deeper, and deeper.

Let me guess? Horowitz and Durham are bums?

The list of dogs**t you have to believe in order to carry a GOP card in 2019 continues to grow. I'm embarrassed for people that still believe this crap. How detached form reality can you possibly be?

TRUMP IS NOT WORTH IT!
December 4th, 2019 at 9:09:25 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Today's impeachment was so boring,
such a nothing burger, the leader
of the farce, Jerry Nadler, fell asleep
a few times. I heard Kevin McCarthy
say it, and sure enough, even FatBoy
Jerry couldn't stay awake. LOL

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 5th, 2019 at 4:01:15 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Today's impeachment was so boring,
such a nothing burger, the leader
of the farce, Jerry Nadler, fell asleep
a few times. I heard Kevin McCarthy
say it, and sure enough, even FatBoy
Jerry couldn't stay awake. LOL]

They didn't even try to make it look "real" in any way. They picked three folks who opposed Trump from the beginning and were basically accompanying them on their "we're going to impeach Trump no matter what" journey that started around the time the election was decided and one who was not, but also was not a Trump fan. Then they asked them all questions about meeting the standards for impeachment and got the pre-selected expected answers.

The House can impeach Trump if they would like to do so. The process may be a sham and shallow in many ways, but it doesn't matter...it is simply a vote in the House. That is it. the rest is just window dressing because the Democrats, a little like the Republicans in Clinton's time, just want to do the deed. Clinton did commit perjury and did get a blow job in the White House from someone not his wife (I am sure it wasn't the first time that happened there) but, just like Trump, there should not have been an impeachment...too much time wasted changing nothing.

If we continue to lower the bar for impeachment, this will happen every time opposites are in power in the Executive and Legislative branches. They can always find "something" even if that is way too low of a bar.

They should have just held the vote on some articles and gone on with their circus.

Next time, someone else may be the Ringmaster!
December 5th, 2019 at 5:04:56 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Reminder: many Republicans said they were going to impeach Hillary Clinton during the 2016 election.

The Dems have not "lowered the bar."

We all know that if this was reversed, if a Democratic president withheld congressionally approved foreign aide from an ally in exchange for an announcement into a phony investigation of their primary Republican rival, that SOOPOO, RonC, EB, AZ, etc. would literally be calling for their head on a platter. That's why y'all have to argue about "process" and not the facts of the case, which are devastating for your side. It's an open and shut case. He should be impeached and removed from office. The fact that the GOP senators are spineless cowards who choose party over country does not mean that the Democratic House ignore their constitutional duties of impeaching a lawless president.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman