The Trump Impeachment Thread

December 5th, 2019 at 5:15:03 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 5th, 2019 at 6:07:43 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: ams288
Reminder: many Republicans said they were going to impeach Hillary Clinton during the 2016 election.

The Dems have not "lowered the bar."

We all know that if this was reversed, if a Democratic president withheld congressionally approved foreign aide from an ally in exchange for an announcement into a phony investigation of their primary Republican rival, that SOOPOO, RonC, EB, AZ, etc. would literally be calling for their head on a platter. That's why y'all have to argue about "process" and not the facts of the case, which are devastating for your side. It's an open and shut case. He should be impeached and removed from office. The fact that the GOP senators are spineless cowards who choose party over country does not mean that the Democratic House ignore their constitutional duties of impeaching a lawless president.

As usual, you know nothing about what my position would be if the name of the President today was Clinton, was a Democrat, and did the same thing.

You always have the right to your opinion.

You always have the right to criticize my opinion.

You always have the right to disagree with me.

You'll probably come back with some condescending crap like usual...maybe thanking me for giving you rights or something silly like that. That is pointless, of course, because the things I mentioned are things you have from much higher powers, of course.

What you don't have is the knowledge of how I felt about the Clinton impeachment and many, many other things...all of which would give you a real indication of how I would feel if the shoe were on the proverbial other foot. You may think you do, but you are wrong. I guess you have the right to be wrong, too!

You don't get to make up my opinions.
December 5th, 2019 at 6:12:34 AM permalink
RonC
I am glad Speaker Pelosi wants to get right to it. Stop the charade, don't waste time looking for fact witnesses, and get those articles written and hold a vote as soon as possible.

As stated in the original post here, this is a political event.
December 5th, 2019 at 6:21:04 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: terapined

Wow. This is a great ad. Nothing gets under Donny's skin more than people laughing at him.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 5th, 2019 at 7:11:37 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: RonC

If we continue to lower the bar for impeachment, this will happen every time opposites are in power in the Executive and Legislative branches. They can always find "something" even if that is way too low of a bar.

No, it's raising the bar for Presidents. We don't need any Presidents when they walk and chew gum can barely stay within the bounds of legality. Our presidents shouldn't be so morally handicapped that they even get in impeachment trouble.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 5th, 2019 at 7:23:52 AM permalink
RonC
Quote: rxwine
No, it's raising the bar for Presidents. We don't need any Presidents when they walk and chew gum can barely stay within the bounds of legality. Our presidents shouldn't be so morally handicapped that they even get in impeachment trouble.

In the "hearing" yesterday, it was pointed out that there were things in nearly every Presidency that could meet the bar as it is being set now.

If a President is running for a second term he is, by definition, doing things to personally benefit himself.

I would hope that you are right but I would put my $1 on you being wrong. I believe the bar will be lower. One only needs to look at how political the approval of appointees has become a political farce and how rules have been changed in the Senate to overcome some of that. The bar gets lowered due to politics.

Impeachment is a political process.
December 5th, 2019 at 10:28:19 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Tripdufan
So, not only is it reported that Horowitz found no bias at the FBI, it's now being reported that John Durham is also finding nothing.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/barrs-handpicked-prosecutor-tells-inspector-general-he-cant-back-right-wing-theory-that-russia-case-was-us-intelligence-setup/2019/12/04/17e084dc-16a9-11ea-9110-3b34ce1d92b1_story.html

The rabbit hole you all have dug for yourselves gets deeper, and deeper, and deeper, and deeper.

Let me guess? Horowitz and Durham are bums?

The list of dogs**t you have to believe in order to carry a GOP card in 2019 continues to grow. I'm embarrassed for people that still believe this crap. How detached form reality can you possibly be?

TRUMP IS NOT WORTH IT!

Rabbit hole? The Dems have dug themselves a hole deep enough to get to China! I feel bad for you. You KNOW this impeachment is a total waste of time, and will likely aid in Trump's re-election. You KNOW he won't be removed from office! I hope your Trump Derangement Syndrome does not prevent you from otherwise living a happy, productive life!
As someone who would prefer a different president than Trump, I am hoping the Democrats nominate a reasonable candidate. The fact that the Democrats are even considering Warren, Buttigieg, Sanders..... says all I need to know about the Democrat party. Given that I basically have to choose between the Dems and the GOP, IT's NOT EVEN CLOSE!
December 5th, 2019 at 10:31:13 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: RonC
In the "hearing" yesterday, it was pointed out that there were things in nearly every Presidency that could meet the bar as it is being set now.

If a President is running for a second term he is, by definition, doing things to personally benefit himself.

I would hope that you are right but I would put my $1 on you being wrong. I believe the bar will be lower. One only needs to look at how political the approval of appointees has become a political farce and how rules have been changed in the Senate to overcome some of that. The bar gets lowered due to politics.

Impeachment is a political process.

Concur. I want the bar for impeachment set incredibly high. It IS telling those that elected the President that we are nullifying your vote. There is a reason you need 2/3 in the Senate to convict. It seems to me that the House Democrats are not aware of this? They act like them filing Articles of Impeachment actually will result in something positive for them. Can they be that stupid?
December 5th, 2019 at 12:38:03 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: SOOPOO

As someone who would prefer a different president than Trump, I am hoping the Democrats nominate a reasonable candidate

You don’t think Trump did enough wrong to get impeached. Your standards are too low. Just stay with the those crooked Republicans.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 5th, 2019 at 12:41:41 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: rxwine
You don’t think Trump did enough wrong to get impeached. Your standards are too low. Just stay with the those crooked Republicans.

Yup, this is about principals
The President, regardless of politics, commits an impeachable act
He must be impeached.
To not impeach because you don't have the senate votes is playing politics
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"