The Trump Impeachment Thread

December 13th, 2019 at 1:41:55 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: RonC
IF there are any real crimes, that is where they really should be looking. When you cry wolf for years about impeaching someone, starting before he is even in office, mention all kinds of charges, and end up with things you can impeach him for (because, well, you define what you can impeach him for), you kind of waste some momentum for your cause.

Then when you say that you need to impeach him because he will likely win the election you further hinder your cause.

If there are real crimes, people will listen.

Even the Republican's constitutional attorney, Turley, didn't say it wasn't a real crime. Just that the evidence was paper thin. I'm sure he would have said it was not an impeachable offense if that was possible to defend.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 13th, 2019 at 1:57:12 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: rxwine
Even the Republican's constitutional attorney, Turley, didn't say it wasn't a real crime. Just that the evidence was paper thin. I'm sure he would have said it was not an impeachable offense if that was possible to defend.

Speaking specifically of the second article, the House would have a real case for it had they gone to court and had the court either rule that the subpoenas were valid OR the court decided not take up the matter. Of course, the court fight would have gone to the Supremes and their decision or refusal to take the case would be the final decision on compliance.

The two branches disagree, so they decided instead to just call it an impeachable offense and move forward. Yes, it meets that definition because they get to make up the definition.

The first article is similarly not really a charge of a crime, but it is also impeachable and could be more troublesome IF the burden of proof was met...that he 100% did do it solely for himself. The problematic issue for me is that he actually has to do a lot of things as President and he has talked a lot about how we give our money away, which is a good thing. Biden is not above reproach because he is a candidate. His son got an extraordinary job for someone with no experience and a lot of negatives in his background.

The crimes they spoke of are not mentioned in either article. Still, they have the right to impeach and they will do so.

If they had some real red meat, the impeachment would have more traction. They don't. They have a totally political process with the expected political results based on the composition of the House and Senate.

I can't, and won't, defend everything this or any other President does. That doesn't make me want to impeach them just because they could win the coming election.
December 15th, 2019 at 2:08:39 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Nobody will watch this, but she just
nails it this week. So much intelligent
passion. Love me some Jeanine..

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 15th, 2019 at 2:34:24 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: Evenbob
Nobody will watch this,

Of course not. Libbies have better things to do than search for the truth.
They'd rather smoke pot, swallow pills, or bang men. 😂😂😂
December 15th, 2019 at 7:43:50 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Tell me again about how impeachment is backfiring on the Dems....

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 15th, 2019 at 11:38:55 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288

Uh oh
Posting facts
Trump and his supporters are not fans of facts
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 15th, 2019 at 11:49:28 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: ams288

OK. It will not pass the Senate, so there
is no point. It's totally partisan, which
Pelosi and Nadler have both screamed
in the past is very bad for the party
doing the impeaching. It will probably
cost them the House next fall. It will
for sure get Trump reelected. The Dems
have yet to present a single impeachable
crime.

Need more?
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 15th, 2019 at 11:54:52 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
crime.

Need more?

He still believes in the same pollsters that predicted President Hillary lol. 😂😂
December 15th, 2019 at 12:25:21 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Need more?

Yes.

You’ve been saying Trump will win in a landslide in 2020 for years now (lol). What does this change?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 15th, 2019 at 12:26:17 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
crime.

Need more?

First of all, let's see if Trump gets anywhere close to the popularity of Clinton if he impeached and not convicted.

Second of all, Trump is a guy who already would of been fired from a thousand jobs for his behavior. Can't think of one misbehaving CEO who would have kept his job this long. Even owners of companies often have to step down for less.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?