The Trump Impeachment Thread

January 20th, 2020 at 6:36:25 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: ams288
So... why not just hit the kill switch now?

Because they don’t have the 51 votes.

That is true. They don't today. Some Senators are waiting to see what is presented and then want to go from there. That doesn't mean the "kill switch" will not come into play later on. If they get to the point that 2 or more of the ones who are "waiting to see" have seen enough, they can use it.
January 20th, 2020 at 8:21:40 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Quote: rxwine
Ken Starr and Dershowitz are both contradicting what they said during the Clinton trial. Dershowitz said you don't need a crime, and Starr said you can't have a trial without witnesses.

Ughhh lawyers

lol
January 20th, 2020 at 11:07:18 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I can't believe the number of places
I've seen the story on the Adam Schitt
Jeopardy question. This is a pretty
big deal, that none of these fairly
hip brainiacs knew who he was.
He's been doing the Schitt Show
for months. It's a gauge of how
seriously the public takes the
impeachment hearings. Not
at all, apparently.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 20th, 2020 at 2:13:04 PM permalink
Evenbob
Rush just nailed it to the wall today.

Donald Trump is being impeached for the appropriate and successful use of presidential executive power. He is being impeached because he is the most successful anti-Democrat president we have had in our lifetimes. He’s being impeached because they can’t stop him at the ballot box, they can’t stop him in the media, they can’t stop him on Twitter, they can’t stop him on Facebook, they can’t stop him in Russia, they can’t stop him in Ukraine, they can’t stop him anywhere.
So they’re gonna try to impeach him. He’s being impeached because they don’t know what to do. They can’t stop the guy, and he is single-handedly — with his supporters and his administration — doing more damage to decades of Democrat success, leftist success, establishment success than any president in our lifetimes. That’s why he’s been impeached. The Democrats are out there cynically fundraising, giving their base a phony impeachment to remain relevant. He’s being impeached because his successes threaten great damage to the Democrat Party.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 20th, 2020 at 2:21:45 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Limbaugh must be getting worried.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 20th, 2020 at 2:35:06 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: rxwine
Limbaugh must be getting worried.

LOLOLOL! He's NEVER worried because
he always has everything figured out.
I always feel so superior to Libs because
I have this huge source that none of
them have, Rush Limbaugh. Never
ever ever in the 30 years I've been
with Rush did I ever say, boy he sure
got that wrong. NEVER ONCE!

He may misspeak a date or get a
quote wrong and fix it, who doesn't.
But on major issues he's never been wrong.
January 21st, 2020 at 2:59:26 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Taking their cues from the liar-in-chief himself, Trump's lawyers have already told a handful of falsehoods today.
January 21st, 2020 at 3:05:27 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Tripdufan
Taking their cues from the liar-in-chief himself, Trump's lawyers have already told a handful of falsehoods today.

LOL! Only a 'handful'? Don't you mean a
boatload, a truck full? Handful doesn't
even come close to the point you think
you're making.
January 21st, 2020 at 4:02:25 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
So far pertaining to Schumer's amendments to McConnel's impeachment resolution it is:

McConnel and the republicans 2 _ _ _ _ _ Schumer and the democrats ZERO

As a bonus, not a single republican senator voted for either amendment. Also, not a single republican senator (Collins, Murkowski, Romney, Alexander) that the libbies have been hoping will flip, flipped.

Another bonus is now all the senators and the American public can see what a pompous ass pencil neck shifty Schiff is.
Let's go Brandon
January 21st, 2020 at 4:23:14 PM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: Evenbob
Rush just nailed it to the wall today.
Quote: Rush

Donald Trump is being impeached .... He is being impeached because .... He’s being impeached because ..

You do realise don't you EB, that Donald trump is not being impeached!? He Has BEEN IMPEACHED. OK. he hasn't been tried by the senate, nor found culpable of anything, but the timeline s clear. He HAS BEEN impeached.
Quote:
What does a presidential impeachment mean?
Impeachment in the United States is the process by which the lower house of a legislature brings charges against a civil officer of government for crimes alleged to have been committed, analogous to the bringing of an indictment by a grand jury. ... The impeached official remains in office until a trial is held.

Briefly in the quote, rush said 'He's been impeached'

Which is it?

Now if Rush doesn't understand how past and present tenses work, nor what a contradiction is, then I don't rate his opinion. Not a jot!
Nor do I rate the opinion of anyone who lauds his pronouncements.