The Trump Impeachment Thread

January 23rd, 2020 at 1:07:53 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Tripdufan
Yeah? Show me the money. What have I said about Trump that isn't true?

I have no problem saying I'm wrong when I'm wrong.

I will use the same standards of proof that you do. If it fits your bias then it must be true. Since you think the impeachment hearing was accurate and true I rest my case. I await your apology when Trump is actually proven innocent by the Senate.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
January 23rd, 2020 at 1:15:53 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: RonC
I listened to many of the hearings, have read a lot about the whole case, and don't see the overwhelming evidence. I do see a call that was not "perfect" but also does not rise to the bar of impeachment in my opinion.

So, after the President is acquitted, all presidents can then use US tax money to extort foreign countries to investigate political opponents and it's okay with you?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 23rd, 2020 at 1:38:29 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: rxwine
So, after the President is acquitted, all presidents can then use US tax money to extort foreign countries to investigate political opponents and it's okay with you?

ONLY if that President is a Republican.

(He won’t actually come out and say this - but we all know it’s true).
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 23rd, 2020 at 5:21:06 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22

No. But they can temporarily withhold US tax money to request that the foreign government receiving the aid expose high level corruption by American officials. You know that's what happened but you just don't want to admit it. Hunter Biden, the son of the ex Vice President, got a do nothing job for $1,000,000, at the same time the then Vice President was involved in Ukrainian affairs. So, yes, investigating this sordid affair is OK by me. And I'm totally fine with my chief executive applying pressure to get the evidence. As I've said before, if the President in ANY WAY tries to get the Ukrainians to fabricate evidence then I'd be all for impeaching Trump. If he did something like the Democrats did (funding fabricated Steele dossier) then yes, he should be impeached.

I've asked it before..... you don't think every avenue in investigating the obvious and blatant corruption of Hunter Biden getting that job shouldn't be explored?
And we are lucky we have a chief executive with the balls to make it happen? And that the Democrats are shamelessly protecting Biden from the scrutiny he should be under?

I know,,,,, TRUMP BAD! TRUMP WILL WIN AGAIN SO MUST IMPEACH! TRUMP MADE BAD PHONE CALL!
January 23rd, 2020 at 6:05:09 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: SOOPOO
No. But they can temporarily withhold US tax money to request that the foreign government receiving the aid expose high level corruption by American officials. You know that's what happened but you just don't want to admit it.

There's what he said he did for what reason, and what he actually did for what reason. There's about zero support for what you believe and all kinds of indicators that he was doing this for personal reasons. Maybe I can find a complete list somewhere just focusing on how many things you have to ignore to believe Trump's version.

I don't know what I can swear on, that I actually don't believe what you think I believe. But I don't.

I don't think I've ever complained about Trump where I think he legally made money. Cheating charity. Scam University, Over charging renters and deceiving them. Those are the things I've accused him of.

AS for the Biden's you need to make a certain distinctions. Because there is more than just the Ukraine business to focus on. But we need to focus on legal but repugnant ways politicians make money, vs illegal and repugnant ways they make money. I know of no case that Biden did illegally, but I believe he falls in the repugnant but legal class.

Trump falls into the criminality class.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 23rd, 2020 at 6:11:21 PM permalink
rxwine
btw, your son could get hired to an influential position if you are a powerful politician. And it can look terrible, but as long as you did nothing illegal, you did nothing illegal.. If you guys can't understand the difference, then I don't know what you are using your brain for.
January 23rd, 2020 at 6:40:43 PM permalink
SOOPOO
btw, your son could get hired to an influential position if you are a powerful politician. And it can look terrible, but as long as you did nothing illegal, you did nothing illegal.. If you guys can't understand the difference, then I don't know what you are using your brain for.

Golly... I does do kinda think Iz can youz my brain for figooring out the difference.

And if you can't figure out the difference for my son getting th $40k a year internship job at Big Tech company, and THE FREAKING VICE PRESIDENT'S SON getting a SEVEN FIGURE job with a country HIS FATHER is in the middle of diplomatic stuff with, well,,,,

then I don't know what you are using your brain for......
January 23rd, 2020 at 6:49:21 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: SOOPOO
Golly... I does do kinda think Iz can youz my brain for figooring out the difference.

And if you can't figure out the difference for my son getting th $40k a year internship job at Big Tech company, and THE FREAKING VICE PRESIDENT'S SON getting a SEVEN FIGURE job with a country HIS FATHER is in the middle of diplomatic stuff with, well,,,,

then I don't know what you are using your brain for......

I believe you understand how large donations to a campaign are both legal, but that entity hopes favor will be gained.

Whereas the same amount of money can be given, and a illegal promise can be made.

There's no difference here. A son can be hired, hoping that influence can be had and it is legal, but done with explicit promise is illegal.

You already know this is true in both cases Why even argue with me, as I am right, and it is not uncommon in politics.
January 23rd, 2020 at 6:59:11 PM permalink
rxwine
I guarantee you someone has figured out how to provide favors to the Trump kids for the same reason. The people who do this can't demand influence, but they're hoping for it.

That's perfectly legal.
January 23rd, 2020 at 7:06:33 PM permalink
SOOPOO
I believe you understand how large donations to a campaign are both legal, but that entity hopes favor will be gained.

Whereas the same amount of money can be given, and a illegal promise can be made.

There's no difference here. A son can be hired, hoping that influence can be had and it is legal, but done with explicit promise is illegal.

You already know this is true in both cases Why even argue with me, as I am right, and it is not uncommon in politics.

You are kidding, right? You are equating donations to a CAMPAIGN which is solely for an election, to the faux million dollar job which is to enrich the individual? Please rethink this and tell me you are not equating the two!!!!

And once again.... I am NOT saying Trump didn't do something such for his kids. I kinda think he has spoon fed them through his OWN businesses. But I AM saying whether or not Trump is dirty or clean, how come there isn't a groundswell among Democrats and Republicans alike to find out the details of the Biden Million Dollar "Job"?