The Trump Impeachment Thread

January 24th, 2021 at 5:19:07 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
The Betfair odds, suggest Trump has an 18.5% chance of conviction.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
January 26th, 2021 at 3:03:00 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Trying to remember - what is the conservative or textualist view on jury nullification?
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
January 26th, 2021 at 4:59:55 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Sen. Patrick Leahy, set to preside over Trump impeachment, taken to hospital

May we sent him our prayers.

Psalm 109:8
Let's go Brandon
January 26th, 2021 at 5:11:25 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: fleaswatter

That's pretty funny actually.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 26th, 2021 at 5:12:44 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Conspiracy? Did Trump's team poison him?
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
January 26th, 2021 at 5:15:32 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: DRich

Put Novichok in his underwear.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 26th, 2021 at 5:37:13 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: DRich

I wouldn’t put it past them. They poisoned Megyn Kelly before that Fox GOP primary debate back in 2015.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 27th, 2021 at 4:30:47 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: fleaswatter

Your prayers worked!! He was released last night and looks forward to getting back to work.

Praise Jesus!!!
January 30th, 2021 at 10:34:28 AM permalink
rxwine
Oh oh. We might have to take Trumpers seriously if they start trying to use factual information instead of embracing fantasy cult memes.

Quote:

Then Giuliani made a surprising new allegation, suggesting that the insurrection was organized by an "anonymous" person who he claimed was connected with the Lincoln Project, a Republican group that opposes Trump.

With raised eyebrows, Bannon asks Giuliani about who that person might be, saying: "OK, but who is it? Rudy, we can't say - yo. Yo!"

Giuliani proceeds to go on a wild rant, repeating the baseless accusation as Bannon tries to interrupt him.

"Hang on. Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa-what are you saying 'working for the Lincoln Project?' Right-wing groups like who?" Bannon pressed again.

"I don't know if I can reveal his name," Giuliani responded. "Because we have that from anonymous sources. But he worked in the past for [Utah Sen. Mitt] Romney."

Bannon then appears to laugh off Giuliani's response, before telling him: "This is why we're getting blown up all the time."

"You can't throw a charge out there like that and say, 'Yeah, I've got a double-secret probation guy who I can't mention but he worked for Romney and he worked for the Lincoln Project,'" Bannon added.
January 30th, 2021 at 11:46:08 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: rxwine
Oh oh. We might have to take Trumpers seriously if they start trying to use factual information instead of embracing fantasy cult memes.

Quote:

Then Giuliani made a surprising new allegation, suggesting that the insurrection was organized by an "anonymous" person who he claimed was connected with the Lincoln Project, a Republican group that opposes Trump.

With raised eyebrows, Bannon asks Giuliani about who that person might be, saying: "OK, but who is it? Rudy, we can't say - yo. Yo!"

Giuliani proceeds to go on a wild rant, repeating the baseless accusation as Bannon tries to interrupt him.

"Hang on. Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa-what are you saying 'working for the Lincoln Project?' Right-wing groups like who?" Bannon pressed again.

"I don't know if I can reveal his name," Giuliani responded. "Because we have that from anonymous sources. But he worked in the past for [Utah Sen. Mitt] Romney."

Bannon then appears to laugh off Giuliani's response, before telling him: "This is why we're getting blown up all the time."

"You can't throw a charge out there like that and say, 'Yeah, I've got a double-secret probation guy who I can't mention but he worked for Romney and he worked for the Lincoln Project,'" Bannon added.

The Lincoln Project guys are giddy. They get to sue the pants off Rudy now.