The Trump Impeachment Thread

January 31st, 2021 at 4:02:19 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Donny’s impeachment lawyers have all left him.

Impeachment trial starts in like a week. Better call Saul!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 3rd, 2021 at 3:31:41 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
A lot of people here will not realize who this is. But, this is the guy who has been coordinating most of the voter fraud conspiracies through his network and proxy sites (he is an attorney here in GA, and basically a professional conspiracy theorist, think Alex Jones with a law degree). Anyway, he is the one who most of the right wing (I will not say all) take their talking points from even if they don't realize it (rigged election, stolen election, etc.....)

Lin Wood is being investigated by the GA Sec of State (A Republican by the way, even though he thinks the GA Republicans are Chinese sellouts, just to give you an idea of this guys mind) for allegedly voting illegally. The irony is palpable.

"Republican Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger's office confirmed the investigation was opened after a reporter with WSB-TV in Atlanta posted an email from Wood in which the attorney said he had been living in South Carolina for several months. "

'On the social media site Telegram, Wood wrote Monday that he was leaving Georgia and changed his residency to South Carolina after he said Georgia "falsely accused me and shunned me." '

"Gray confirmed Tuesday that the Georgia Secretary of State’s Office has launched an investigation into whether Wood was eligible to vote in Georgia, whether he broke the law by casting his ballot and whether he was actually a Georgia resident. "

https://www.npr.org/2021/02/02/963467966/pro-trump-election-conspiracist-lin-wood-under-investigation-for-illegal-voting

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/politics/exclusive-attorney-lin-wood-under-investigation-over-whether-he-voted-illegally-november-officials-say/FIMPMEJHFFFBBA66O5P5QEY25E/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/02/03/lin-wood-georgia-voter-fraud/

I personally am glad he is being "shunned" by GA, let him be SC's problem now.... This guy is a danger for democracy and inspired much of the violence..... I am glad after almost a year of bullying the GA Republicans (who I have limited sympathy for, but in their defense for the most part they have been by the book as far as their duties) they are not backing down and investigating him. If Twitter/ Facebook/ Whatever social media company really wants to make a difference it will start banning all of his account (he basically runs a bunch of fringe channels/pages that stir the pot with election conspiracies). In my view he really should be the main public enemy with all of this, the only reason he is not, is because most people don't know he exists (even many right wingers here probably don't realie that they get their talking points from him indirectly.....)
February 9th, 2021 at 12:26:02 PM permalink
ams288
Anyone watching Donny’s defense lawyer ramble on and on?

What an embarrassment. Poor Donny.
February 9th, 2021 at 2:09:13 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
56 spineless senators have just voted to violate their oath of office and crap on the US Constitution.
Let's go Brandon
February 9th, 2021 at 2:09:48 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: fleaswatter
56 spineless senators have just voted to violate their oath of office and crap on the US Constitution.

Good.
February 9th, 2021 at 3:01:06 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: ams288
Anyone watching Donny’s defense lawyer ramble on and on?

What an embarrassment. Poor Donny.

Well, we know one idiotic FL resident was watching.

February 9th, 2021 at 3:18:18 PM permalink
Dalex64
44 senators are going to use jury nullification, refusing to do their duty as impartial jurors.
A vote to determine the constitutional validity of the proceedings is meaningless to them.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
February 9th, 2021 at 3:26:48 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

After enough Republicans fail to convict him, Donald will appear and not take even 1% of responsibility, leaving all the little guys holding the bag. Same as it ever was, little guys go to prison, big guy walks away. Lucky if Trump doesn’t get a paper cut signing autographs afterwards.

Sad. Sad. Sad.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 11th, 2021 at 8:21:41 AM permalink
fleaswatter
Chaos in the Senate: Democrat Impeachment Managers Withdraw Statements Falsely Attributed to Sen. Mike Lee

My goodness, what a complete clown show. Everyone should watch the first video in the linked webpage.

Senator Leahy, the "judge" at the impeachment "trial" has no clue what to do and it seems that some lady in a gray suit is actually running things. Leahy can be heard just repeating what she is saying. What a joke.
Let's go Brandon
February 11th, 2021 at 10:29:36 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Chaos in the Senate: Democrat Impeachment Managers Withdraw Statements Falsely Attributed to Sen. Mike Lee

My goodness, what a complete clown show. Everyone should watch the first video in the linked webpage.

Senator Leahy, the "judge" at the impeachment "trial" has no clue what to do and it seems that some lady in a gray suit is actually running things. Leahy can be heard just repeating what she is saying. What a joke.

So true! Funny that the HIGHEST official to be eligible to do this after the SC Chief Justice is Vice President Harris. She would at least be able to handle the complexities of saying ‘next!’