The Trump Impeachment Thread

October 16th, 2017 at 12:27:04 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: kenarman
That is because males seldom give mixed messages about their desire for sex.

Nah. I'd say it's more of an issue of many males being unable to comprehend the fact that "no means no."
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 16th, 2017 at 12:43:42 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: petroglyph
Hollywood sex scandal and pedophile rings are hardly a left/right issue. Wouldn't you say Hollywood mostly swings left?

You sure its not more of a religious thing?

I would agree that most of hollywood swings left.

however, I would want to see how many sex scandals are attached to people, along with a designation of whether or not they are 'right' or 'left' in order to evaluate whether or not it is a left/right issue.

I think you should look at the rates - sex scandals per number of left people vs sex scandals per number of right people.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
October 16th, 2017 at 12:53:11 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Dalex64
I would agree that most of hollywood swings left..

I went to HS with a rich kid
who's dad was as Right as
you can get in DC politics,
a bigwig. The kid went to
Calif and got involved in
producing movies. I see him
at reunions and he's now as
far Left as you can get.

He says it's a matter of survival.
Hwood isn't filled with the sharpest
pencils in the box, he says, and
many feel huge guilt for making
all that money for doing almost nothing
except showing up. So to assuage
the guilt, they become empty
headed Libs, supporters of all causes.

Makes sense, that describes most Libs.
lol (somebody help Hillary, she fell down
again)
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 16th, 2017 at 1:02:59 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: Evenbob
I went to HS with a rich kid
who's dad was as Right as
you can get in DC politics,
a bigwig. The kid went to
Calif and got involved in
producing movies. I see him
at reunions and he's now as
far Left as you can get.

He says it's a matter of survival.
Hwood isn't filled with the sharpest
pencils in the box, he says, and
many feel huge guilt for making
all that money for doing almost nothing
except showing up. So to assuage
the guilt, they become empty
headed Libs, supporters of all causes.

I'd be willing to bet this story (as with most of EB's stories) is at best highly exaggerated, at worst flat out B.S.
October 16th, 2017 at 2:11:18 PM permalink
Dalex64
Quote: ams288
I'd be willing to bet this story (as with most of EB's stories) is at best highly exaggerated, at worst flat out B.S.

Bob's SOP seems to be one of confirmation bias and Willful Ignorance
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
October 16th, 2017 at 3:41:51 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Nah. I'd say it's more of an issue of many males being unable to comprehend the fact that "no means no."

Does the timing of the NO have anything to do with things ams or can the NO be expressed at anytime. Does one NO negate the 20 yeses before the NO?
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
October 16th, 2017 at 4:15:35 PM permalink
YeahBaby
Threads: 5
They even brought in disgraced sexual deviant Bill-O on

he not as deviant as that feak Anderson Cooper and Bruce Jener !!!
October 16th, 2017 at 5:18:12 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Dalex64
I would agree that most of hollywood swings left.

however, I would want to see how many sex scandals are attached to people, along with a designation of whether or not they are 'right' or 'left' in order to evaluate whether or not it is a left/right issue.

I think you should look at the rates - sex scandals per number of left people vs sex scandals per number of right people.
Yeah, I kinda jumped in after someones were implying that Oreilly was similar or worse than Weinstein and the lastest couch interviewing for sex scandal. My reply there was to Terapined where I said I did not think sexual predation was either a conservative or liberal thing, being a predator is equal opportunity, AFAIK?

Upthread I have said it was wrong of these uber rich and influential female super stars to jump on the bandwagon ten twenty years after the alleged incident, that making these claims this many years later was anything to admire. They {Jolie} and others should have rallied years ago and maybe saved some starlets from having to trade sex for millions of dollars in acting parts.

I want the pedophile rings in Hollywood to get as much exposure as these females will get. This sex for stardom is nothing new, not at all. I say it is equally red/blue obscene activity because of the Sandusky's and the Dennis Hasterts, http://www.anonews.co/pedophile-dennis-hastert/ as well as the Weinsteins, http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-10-16/moneys-already-been-spent-clinton-foundation-wont-return-250000-weinstein-donation It's not political, it's predatory.

Does it mean I'm mysogynistic if it bothers me worse, that kids are being passed around for sex, than it that these women who were all adults and could have walked away were taken advantage of? I don't think so.

I think it's more likely that is more likely that the perversion is religious, https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/08/18/babies-herpes-circumcision-risk/579557001/ ,https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_sexual_abuse_cases , than it is political,
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
October 16th, 2017 at 5:44:25 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: kenarman
Does the timing of the NO have anything to do with things ams or can the NO be expressed at anytime.

The no can be expressed at any time.

Quote:
Does one NO negate the 20 yeses before the NO?

Absolutely. NO MEANS NO. What is so friggin hard to comprehend here?!

These questions seem kinda rape-y to me, to be honest.
October 16th, 2017 at 5:52:35 PM permalink
Dalex64
Well, it doesn't help their credibility or the greater cause when they wait for years to come foreward.

That doesn't mean they aren't telling the truth, though.