The Trump Impeachment Thread

October 16th, 2017 at 6:39:53 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: ams288
The no can be expressed at any time.

Absolutely. NO MEANS NO. What is so friggin hard to comprehend here?!

These questions seem kinda rape-y to me, to be honest.

I believe that the timing can be important. If someone says yes,yes,yes and continues until they find themselves alone in their dates bedroom they have agreed to sex and should have never let it go that far if they weren't planning on finishing the deal. If they have been saying no,no,no and their date has been coercing and forcing them into the bedroom that is obviously rape and not acceptable.

Remember that most of these sexual assault cases likely don't involve rape but something as simple as touching the victim.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
October 16th, 2017 at 7:58:48 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: kenarman
I believe that the timing can be important. If someone says yes,yes,yes and continues until they find themselves alone in their dates bedroom they have agreed to sex and should have never let it go that far if they weren't planning on finishing the deal. .

That won't fly in court here. AFAIK

Quote:
Consent is when someone agrees, gives permission, or says "yes" to sexual activity with other persons. Consent is always freely given and all people in a sexual situation must feel that they are able to say "yes" or "no" or stop the sexual activity at any point.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 16th, 2017 at 8:37:01 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: rxwine

You are likely right about the courts in a lot of cases. But that is the problem. If a someone has voluntary got into bed with someone for sex I am not sure that permission should be easlily removed. Regardless in that position only those two people will know what was actually said and to convict would be very close to reverse onus. Mind you the rule of law seems to not matter much anymore for the PC types.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
October 17th, 2017 at 7:09:08 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: rxwine

No, he has a point.

Say he agrees to sell you his car, but once you're at his doorstep with the cashier's check, he tells you he changed his mind. Shouldn't the law allow you to beat him senseless and take the car? Didn't he consent to the sale before saying no?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
October 17th, 2017 at 12:22:02 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Finally, real collusion. You'll never see the
story in the MSM. LOL

Bribery Bombshell: Obama and the Clintons Colluded with the Russians in 2009

http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/355749-fbi-uncovered-russian-bribery-plot-before-obama-administration
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 17th, 2017 at 1:28:33 PM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Quote: Evenbob
Finally, real collusion. You'll never see the
story in the MSM. LOL

Bribery Bombshell: Obama and the Clintons Colluded with the Russians in 2009

http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/355749-fbi-uncovered-russian-bribery-plot-before-obama-administration

I believe The Hill is credible. I bet you will see it in the mainstream media soon.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
October 17th, 2017 at 1:54:48 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Fine, they can look into that more once they are done with Trump, though from the article it looks like they already looked into it for a number of years and reached plea deals with a bunch of different people (none of which were Obama or the Clintons)
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
October 17th, 2017 at 2:17:56 PM permalink
Nareed
Quote: JimRockford
I believe The Hill is credible. I bet you will see it in the mainstream media soon.

I'd see no problem at all with the Orange Twit doing nothing from now til the end of his term trying to charge Hillary Clinton with something. That way he can't mess up more of the things that actually matter.
October 17th, 2017 at 2:42:00 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
He already promised to appoint a special proscecutor to go after her.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
October 17th, 2017 at 4:31:09 PM permalink
Nareed
Quote: Dalex64
He already promised to appoint a special proscecutor to go after her.

He hasn't failed enough, has he? ;)