The Trump Impeachment Thread

May 6th, 2018 at 5:27:32 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Nareed
Excuse me, can you provide a link to this alleged post I was suspended for? It doesn't seem to exist.

http://diversitytomorrow.com/thread/2253/38/#post102606

That is the link. It's obviously been removed.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 6th, 2018 at 6:55:39 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Reminder... if enough posters flag a post for it's obvious vile profanity, it will disappear.
May 6th, 2018 at 9:11:45 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: SOOPOO
Reminder... if enough posters flag a post for it's obvious vile profanity, it will disappear.

Yup. I certainly flagged that one. I really
abhor public profanity. My mother
drilled it into our heads that profanity
is the first response of a simple mind,
and if that's how we wanted to be viewed,
by all means use it.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 6th, 2018 at 10:45:21 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Caring about profanity is the meddlesome hobby of people who should have something better to do.

Especially, when racist, sexist, homophobic, and even rapist thoughts get a pass to be printed around here.

Note I'm not asking for a change, but if people are going to express their petty unworthy views, I sure as hell won't be held back from doing so.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 6th, 2018 at 10:52:14 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: SOOPOO

Like everything else, if you don't want to read something why don't you just block Nareed? Then you won't have to worry about it. As far as I can recall, she hasn't wanted to engage with you anyway for a long time. Hint, hint. Did you get the message yet?

If Wizard bans her for breaking rules, that his business.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 7th, 2018 at 1:17:23 AM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: rxwine
Caring about profanity is the meddlesome hobby .

Caring about the language you yourself use
is 'meddlesome'? People judge you by how
you speak, if all your verbs and adjectives
are four letter words, you get pigeon holed.
Maybe that's what you want, who knows.
May 7th, 2018 at 2:25:04 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Evenbob
Caring about the language you yourself use
is 'meddlesome'? People judge you by how
you speak, if all your verbs and adjectives
are four letter words, you get pigeon holed.
Maybe that's what you want, who knows.

Some people are apparently bothered that you write in your shortened style. Do you care?

I don't tell you how to write.

Personally I care more about people's ideas and what they are saying than if they cuss. But I don't care if they don't swear. I only start caring if they tell me not to. Not swearing doesn't make boring people more interesting or vice versa. It's just a preference to do so or not.

If you have something interesting to say, you can swear to high heaven. Mickey Finn from the other board gone now for offensive behavior/threats, could tell a better story, than a whole host of non-swearers.

If someone can't get past it to listen to someone, their loss.

Like everyone here, I abide by some rules I don't like.
May 7th, 2018 at 7:11:55 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Caring about profanity is the meddlesome hobby of people who should have something better to do.

People with small minds and shallow values.

Quote:
Especially, when racist, sexist, homophobic, and even rapist thoughts get a pass to be printed around here.

Of course. It's some of what you get when you value style over substance. The new nazis can say whatever they want, bully whomever they want, and so long as they don't say a "bad" word, they're golden. People are content to live in the sewer, so long as no one acknowledges the bad smell. that would be going too far.

And now there's also outright censorship in the name of free speech. Doubleplusgood!
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
May 7th, 2018 at 7:35:49 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

I grew up on Mad magazine
I miss using !@#$%&*$#@%$ as profanity :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 7th, 2018 at 10:47:32 AM permalink
Evenbob

Personally I care more about people's ideas and what they are saying than if they cuss.

What's the point of profanity if you
can use other more descriptive words
to make your point. Maybe they like
people thinking they're uneducated
and low class. For me, people who
use 4 letter words in a normal conversation
are lazy and usually not worth talking
to. That you find them fascinating and
not bothersome says as much about you
as about them.