The Trump Impeachment Thread

May 31st, 2017 at 1:23:30 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
This is my last attempt to explain this to Trump supporters: It's not the investigation that gets you impeached, it's the crimes committed in the course of the cover-up.

Reagan committed actual "high crimes." Giving aid and comfort to an enemy state (Iran), flouting his own policies (we don't negotiate with terrorists), usurping Congress' Constitutional prerogatives (using government funds to aid the Contras). Do you honestly believe he was completely unaware of all these things?

But, aside from pro-forma denials that would never hold up, he didn't attempt a cover-up.

Golden Boy may not have done anything illegal or even unseemly (but who knows), and perhaps neither did anyone in his campaign or transition team (then again, who knows). But they all began a cover-up right away. Funny how many people under Trump "forgot" to disclose contacts with Russian agents, including the Attorney General overseeing the investigation into Russia. come on, this is all public record and recent, up to firing Comey under false pretenses, and admissions that it was due to the Russia probe. Surely there's no need to go over it again.

I said I posted good advice because your guy won't ever use it.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
May 31st, 2017 at 2:20:11 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: terapined
Jail time ???????
WTF
Is this N korea or China or Russia?
What law was broken?????????
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Threatening_the_President_of_the_United_States

Free speech? hahaha, you also can't yell fire in a crowded theater. Next time you are flying, when you get up to the baggage search, tell them you have a grenade. Find out all about free speech.

Quote:
Alice Cooper often had his head chopped off during a show
I never got upset and I like Alice :-)
Big difference between a rock concert, and an effigy of the POTUS's head removed for all the world to see, including his eleven year old kid. Some of Cooper's music is ok.

I"m not supporting Trump here, just decency. More killings everyday in the news, multiple murders, all manner of sickness. It's illegal to threaten the POTUS
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 31st, 2017 at 2:35:11 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
The Secret Service did/is investigating this, but I don't think many people would consider this a threat.

Nugent got investigated, too, for statements like:

Quote: The Nuge
We need to ride into that battlefield and chop their heads off in November

Quote: The Nuge
If Barack Obama becomes the next president in November, again, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year.

He didn't even have a disgusting graphic picture taken.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
May 31st, 2017 at 2:39:30 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: petroglyph
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Threatening_the_President_of_the_United_States

Free speech? hahaha, you also can't yell fire in a crowded theater. Next time you are flying, when you get up to the baggage search, tell them you have a grenade. Find out all about free speech.

A good point, and one I would likely have made, with legal proof and all.

But petro, while it is indeed a law as plain as day, do you support this creation of a higher class that is somehow above his fellow citizen? Trump can say he can shoot someone and it'd be fine, and that's just a crass joke. Griffin makes a crass joke, and suddenly it's a crime?

I still break on this. Many of my friends are 5-0, and I have little initial reaction to the fact they and their EMT brethren have special protections on the job. Then I start thinking, and I wonder what makes some judge or counsilman above some petro or terapined.

This, IMO, is art, which should suffer no legal interference.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
May 31st, 2017 at 2:51:09 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: petroglyph

Quote: Face
But petro, while it is indeed a law as plain as day, do you support this creation of a higher class that is somehow above his fellow citizen? Trump can say he can shoot someone and it'd be fine, and that's just a crass joke. Griffin makes a crass joke, and suddenly it's a crime?

I totally agree.
Both are crass
but
I don't see any law broken
Nobody was put in danger due to this video
If she gets arrested, maybe AZ is right and we don't live in a free country
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 31st, 2017 at 2:55:53 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346

Trump's statement during the campaign that "second amendment people" would have to deal with Clinton or her Supreme Court appointees, was more of a threat.

Also, it's not a threat to wish someone were dead, or even to wish someone were killed.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
May 31st, 2017 at 3:14:54 PM permalink
terapined
Ted Nugent used to threaten Obama all the time
I just yawned
Of course conservatives ignore Ted and have a cow over kathy
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 31st, 2017 at 3:18:52 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Griffin makes a crass joke, and suddenly it's a crime?

It's not a crime, it's that do you want
to associate yourself with brain dead
waste's of space who think this kind
of stuff is OK. CNN doesn't, I don't.
Never liked Griffin, never thought her
or Sarah Silverman or any of their ilk
were funny.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 31st, 2017 at 3:34:42 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: Evenbob
Never liked Griffin, never thought her
or Sarah Silverman or any of their ilk
were funny.

She was real funny on the CNN New Years shows
Year after year she killed it :-)
May 31st, 2017 at 4:16:12 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: terapined
She was real funny on the CNN New Years shows
Year after year she killed it :-)

Good god, I wouldn't watch the smelly
skank if you literally paid me to. Shudder..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.