split screen?

October 24th, 2012 at 3:46:45 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
So, can the webmaster give us the option to see both this site and the other in a split screen mode?

Yeah, I could just have two tabs open, but I kinda like the idea when I'm on one site, being able to see the other, and it makes them seem connected.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 24th, 2012 at 4:23:20 PM permalink
rdw4potus
Threads: 10
At the very least, can this site be added to the "my other sites:" bottom line on WOV (and WoO and WoM, etc.)
I'm not wearing any pants, film at 11
October 26th, 2012 at 12:16:15 AM permalink
MonkeyMonkey
Threads: 0
Quote: rxwine
So, can the webmaster give us the option to see both this site and the other in a split screen mode?

It would be easy enough for you to create your own local frames-based page that pulls one site into each frame. If I get bored enough I can write it for you, it really should only take about 2 minutes, and only because I'd have to look up frame syntax.
World's most discriminating Kool-Aid connoisseur
October 26th, 2012 at 12:22:40 AM permalink
MonkeyMonkey
Ok, I was bored enough...

<html>
<frameset cols="50%, 50%">
<frame src="http://wizardofvegas.com/forums/" name="WoV">
<frame src="http://diversitytomorrow.com/" name="DT">
</frameset>
</html>

Copy this into a file called something like myWizSites.html and then load it in a browser.
October 26th, 2012 at 8:53:05 AM permalink
blount2000
Threads: 5
Thanks, I tried this and it worked well.

Any way to automatically have it reduce the viewing size of each frame so you can see all of each page without having to scroll side to side?
October 26th, 2012 at 9:52:17 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Use the font size changer in your browser (control + and control - on a PC, probably the command key instead of control on a Mac)
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
October 26th, 2012 at 10:10:26 AM permalink
DJTeddyBear
Threads: 5
Substitute rows for cols in the frameset line of that html code. Then the split would be horizontal rather than vertical.
Ignorance is bliss and knowledge is power. But having only some facts can get you into trouble!
October 26th, 2012 at 1:37:20 PM permalink
MonkeyMonkey
Quote: DJTeddyBear
Substitute rows for cols in the frameset line of that html code. Then the split would be horizontal rather than vertical.

Yes, this would work. I only wrote it the way I did because of the "split screen" nature of the request. Also, it should be possible to "grab" the divider with your mouse and move it side to side.

It didn't occur to me that this might be a problem because my monitor/resolution is large enough to comfortably view both sites side by side.