The Pope retires!

Page 5 of 5« First<2345
March 28th, 2013 at 12:26:48 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Nareed
Are we supposed to foget he cheated on his wife?
I think some people are not as bothered by existence of the royals because they like the pomp and circumstances and the attention it brings to the country. But they feel that a basically secular family should not be the head of the church. Queen Elizabeth is perhaps the exception because she is seen as a fundamentally religious person.
I wouldn't be totally shocked if the queen decides to skip a generation. It would be for the best.
Actually it is not her decision. Technically only he himself can abdicate, or Parliament can change the order of succession. Neither seem interested in doing that. It may be that Charles can't really ask to be skipped,, he has to wait until he is monarch and then abdicate afterwards. He might do it if he has a terminal disease.

As she was only 22.5 years old when Charles was born, and her mother lived to age 101, they may both be in poor health when she dies. Charles may be king, but William may have an active role immediately.
March 29th, 2013 at 7:19:22 PM permalink
AcesAndEights
Threads: 6
I wouldn't be totally shocked if the queen decides to skip a generation. It would be for the best.

That would be highly irregular!
"You think I'm joking." -EvenBob
Page 5 of 5« First<2345