Animal Kingdom

Page 5 of 6« First<23456>
July 4th, 2018 at 11:58:01 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: JimRockford
For a crime family drama I recommend Pinky Blinders. I had to turn on subtitles to follow the dialogue though. The Irish accent is that thick.
When I finally get some TV and tv service installed, I'll look up Pinky Blinders.

Meanwhile I'm limited to these five minute trailers about animal kingdom and it seems they are hitting the gay sex theme really hard this season.
Nikki seems to be in her usual mental fog whenever she is wearing clothes, which fortunately is seldom.
July 4th, 2018 at 8:43:45 PM permalink
zippyboy
Threads: 2
Quote: Fleastiff
... about animal kingdom and it seems they are hitting the gay sex theme really hard this season.
Nikki seems to be in her usual mental fog whenever she is wearing clothes, which fortunately is seldom.

Those gays are hitting it hard alright. Brokeback style.

You're missing Nikki's demise. She's getting into the heroin brought into the house by Dennis Leary's character. Shot up with his used needle (he was saving for later) at the end of this week's ep, got so screwed up, playing around with J's gun, shot herself in the leg, tried to drive herself to hospital in Smurf's Jag but failed, J ended up dumping her at the Emergency Room door. Think their relationship is over. Hopefully.

J is really becoming a major player here though. I thought of him as such a suck actor the first season, no acting range and all that, but now he leads the family while Smurf's in jail, and doing a nice job. I think he's British in real life (saw an interview) which makes his Socal accent all the more impressive. Really is a great show. Character development, story lines, writing....all first class.
July 4th, 2018 at 8:57:15 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: JimRockford
I keep hoping they all get sent to prison.

Lol, always a bad sign in a series, tv, or movie, or whatever. Or hoping all the characters die.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 5th, 2018 at 1:09:43 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: rxwine
Lol, always a bad sign in a series, tv, or movie, or whatever. Or hoping all the characters die.
Well, I kind of liked the camaraderie of 'may we all get what we want but never what we deserve'. That ship board robbery was nicely done.

I guess Nikki is out and that Latina broad is on her way in.

Hope to watch the show when someone sets up a tv for me.
July 5th, 2018 at 9:25:51 AM permalink
JimRockford
Quote: rxwine

For what it's worth, I retract my previous criticism. After watching a few more episodes I'm hooked on the show. Here's what still bothers me. They pull off elaborate heists that obviously require thorough research, attention to detail, and military discipline. The team demonstrates these capabilities, but individually none of the uncles has those characteristics. That and I hate all of them except J and he's a complete blank most of the time. So I guess I'm enjoying it but I continue to criticize.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
July 5th, 2018 at 9:38:51 AM permalink
Fleastiff
I think you've hit that nail on the proverbial head. Different personalities, different styles, different goals but with someone to ride roughshod over them they function very well. Its just that mistakes can be made and some things can't be controlled.
October 11th, 2018 at 3:42:50 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Saw the pilot for Animal Kingdom. It was OK,
a little bothered that her sons are so old yet
act like they're barely out of their teens. The
two oldest are over 40, the other 2 are mid 30's.
Where are their wives, or ex wives or kids. Men
in their 40's usually have them. Do they show
up eventually? Is the show worth sticking with?

Season 1-2 are on Prime
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 11th, 2018 at 3:59:05 PM permalink
Fleastiff
I think its definitely worth sticking with
Family dynamics play a role and young brats as well as old but empty headed retarded dolts are vital.
October 11th, 2018 at 7:46:40 PM permalink
zippyboy
This show is so complex it can't be explained to newbies in just a sentence or two. Stick with it. Great characters, great writing, great suspense. And the season one finale is fantastic (I thought).
October 12th, 2018 at 1:23:43 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
3 episodes in, where is there a character I
can care about. Where is the protagonist.
All I'm seeing so far is very boring moron
crooks who have a complete lack of morals.

They fight with each other constantly, lie
to each other, lie to the mom, bitch about
her behind her back, pull jobs of their
own and don't tell her. Even the kid is
turning into one of them. This is reminding
me of Sons of Anarchy, not a single
likable person that you gave a crap about
in the whole series.

Better get better soon or I'm done. So far
it has no redeeming value whatever, just
losers on parade. Right now I'm hoping
they all end up in prison, and that's not
a very good reason to watch a show.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
Page 5 of 6« First<23456>