Hiring a prostitute for your child

Page 7 of 10« First<45678910>
July 19th, 2017 at 12:40:26 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: rxwine
Also have a theory, that prostitution threatens the security of a certain group.

If prostitution proved to be economical, someone who doesn't want to be trapped in a long term relationship or tied down by kids, might opt for the easier choice of visiting a prostitute for sexual needs and forget about the rest of it. (Perhaps FrGamble is aghast at that idea, but I'm not. )

I'm not saying either group is all men or women, but I feel it's likely there is a disparity in preference.

How is one group going to rope in a long term partner and commit them to a family if easy prostitution is available and legal and maybe one person only needs one thing without all the rest? So legal prostitutes are a threat. Legal means they can't really impact your career choices or other upward mobility. Illegal means there is always a potential penalty or stigma or at least you have to worry about that.
Great post, I agree completely.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
July 19th, 2017 at 1:15:46 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
Doing the greatest and most intimate act

Good grief, sex is certainly NOT the greatest
or most intimate act. If it were, it couldn't be
so easily bought and sold. Sex is a function,
like eating or vacating your bowels.

Raising a child and sacrificing for them, that's
an intimate act. Caring for an aging parent
out of love is an intimate act. Thinking that
sex is 'the greatest and most intimate act'
means your Church has seriously twisted your
mind. Please, get your priorities straight.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 19th, 2017 at 4:32:57 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Jesus drank wine because water could not be trusted. Temple Prostitutes were MALE hookers.

Mayor of Vegas is a cartoon character.
July 19th, 2017 at 5:15:48 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: Fleastiff
Jesus drank wine because water could not be trusted.
I have heard that as well. Also heard the water in Mexico will cause intestinal distress. But those that live there seem to get used to the local bacteria. It's hard to believe that all the hundreds of thousands of people in the area drank only wine, and only to prevent bacteria.
Quote:
Temple Prostitutes were MALE hookers.
I have no religious indoctrination so I pick up what I can and infrequently. It says here that prostitutes could be either: http://bibleresources.americanbible.org/resource/prostitution-in-the-bible

I think Jesus was a man, who did physical labor and needed relief like anyone else. Everyone works out the story as it seems logical to them. I can see where he might have been a storyteller back in the day for donations. Much like a stand up comedian or bar band might be today. Jesus album just went platinum is all.
July 19th, 2017 at 6:16:52 PM permalink
petroglyph
I think the reasons are the same as they always have been a care for the physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual health of those involved.
That is what the hookers are offering, and relief. I spent some time in Wallace Idaho near the only stoplight on I-90, there were appx. 7 houses of ill repute, and semi legal. The whores were there to service the miners who toiled in the local mines for ages. The locals said they hadn't had serious crime in decades because all the ruffians could get serviced and not have to rape little kids. I'm an anecdotal guy. It was well known there were many whorehouses all over that part of the country although they were "against the law".

The legal hookers are people, like me. They have dreams and goals and feelings similar to other people. But they have chosen this service job that pays in a few weeks what waitressing and getting pinched on the butt pays in a year.

Why not try to save the body's of all working people and make shoveling or lifting heavy objects illegal? I just can't see how what you do for a living is more moral then what they do? Or what I did. Is a vice cop that breaks the rules more moral than a hooker that goes by them? What about a compassionate surgeon who "lets" a terminally ill patient die, although it is against state laws?

Are soldiers who bomb citizens more moral than hookers who sell pleasure? Realize that all encounters with prostitutes don't always include sex?
July 19th, 2017 at 7:05:58 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: petroglyph
That is what the hookers are offering, ?

I read a study years and years ago about
hookers. Most of their customers are
married men. The hookers say what
these men want more than sex, more
than anything, is for a woman to
be nice to them, like their wife never
is. You always hear hookers say, if
the wives took care of their husbands,
we would go out of business.

They don't mean have more sex with
them. They mean if the wives quit
nagging and were nice to be with
sometimes, the guy wouldn't need
a to pay a stranger to do that for
him. It's also why men have mistresses,
they are always nice, that's their job.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 19th, 2017 at 8:34:38 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: Evenbob
Good grief, sex is certainly NOT the greatest
or most intimate act. If it were, it couldn't be
so easily bought and sold.

Not quite sure I follow you here. Don't we usually place a high value on something that is great? Paying for sex is like buying the Mona Lisa for a stick of bubble gum and using it as a placemat. Sex is priceless and not something to be bought or sold precisely because it is so great. I think you yourself said you would never pay for sex. No one should it isn't right. It is phony and causes great harm to women and men.

Quote:
Sex is a function,
like eating or vacating your bowels.

You romantic you.

Quote:
Raising a child and sacrificing for them, that's
an intimate act. Caring for an aging parent
out of love is an intimate act.

How can you say such truth and profound thoughts here and the rest of your post is such garbage?
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
July 19th, 2017 at 8:40:22 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
I think the argument that guys (or girls for that matter) need to unwind after a hard's day work with some sexual encounter an example of taking hook line and sinker what the sex crazed world wants to feed you. I think we can all think of 100 things that would be relaxing and healthy for a hard worker to relax doing other than having sex with a stranger for money. Go drive a race car, go fishing, play softball, poker at a friend's house, watch a movie with the wife and kids, throw the ball around, cook a meal for the family or better yet eat a delicious meal with the family. None of these things contributes to sex slavery, abuse of women who are treated as valuable only based on their sex appeal, STDs, unplanned pregnancies, abortions, poverty, drug addictions, etc.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
July 19th, 2017 at 8:52:20 PM permalink
Evenbob
Not quite sure I follow you here.

Sex is NOT the greatest and most intimate
act because it's the result of a bodily function.
Our bodies evolved to have sex on a regular
basis, hundreds if not thousands of times
during our lives. It's no more profound than
eating or sleeping. Ask anybody who's been
married any length of time.

Your Church has hoodwinked you again. Real
intimacy has nothing to do with sex. You can
have an intimate relationship with no sex and
no sexual desire involved, one has nothing to
do with the other. You're confused because
sex is often the result of some intimate
relationships, which is neither here nor there.
Believe me, there are greater experiences to
be had with food than with sex.
July 19th, 2017 at 10:05:43 PM permalink
petroglyph
.... Paying for sex....
There is no free sex. You are placing to high a value on money.
Page 7 of 10« First<45678910>