Hiring a prostitute for your child

Page 9 of 10« First<678910>
July 21st, 2017 at 11:16:41 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
I agree with this. However, I still think that the nature of sexual intercourse gives it an ability to strengthen intimacy .

But that's not what you SAID, or your Church.
You said sex is the greatest intimate act possible,
and it's not. Now you're changing your story to,
OK, it CAN be intimate. Sometimes.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 21st, 2017 at 11:45:16 AM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: Evenbob

You are right, I was wrong. I think we can all agree that sex is the most potentially intimate physical activity we can do with another person. However, without prior intimacy, for example when done for money, it can become an act that emotionally, physically, and spiritually can hurt a person. In this way it is a different and unique physical action than say faring or eating, which I think were your examples.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
July 21st, 2017 at 11:49:18 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Evenbob
I took him to mean it can "strengthen" intimacy. Meaning someone was already intimate, and sex did something or other to make intimacy stronger? It might? Much like a walk on the beach holding hands or sharing deeply held beliefs. But he is saying the sex isn't the intimacy itself?

I tend to see sex used much more often as a tool or sometimes a duty. Sad, I know. But like that surrender clause in the bible where the woman is supposed to surrender herself, even if the guy is a wife and child beater.

Maybe their thinking is that in an abusive relationship, if the woman gives herself to the abuser sexually, that maybe the beatings will stop and they can be then "intimate", because of the power of sex? idk
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
July 21st, 2017 at 11:54:27 AM permalink
petroglyph
You are right, I was wrong. I think we can all agree that sex is the most potentially intimate physical activity we can do with another person. However, without prior intimacy, for example when done for money, it can become an act that emotionally, physically, and spiritually can hurt a person. ...
And it can also be emotionally, physically and spiritually rewarding building up the self esteem of a woman who has for whatever reason believed she was undesirable.

You seem unaware of how degrading sex can be in marriage.

Is it your position then that those that have sex for hire, should be shamed?
July 21st, 2017 at 12:22:57 PM permalink
Evenbob
when done for money, it can become an act that emotionally, physically, and spiritually can hurt a person. .

The woman, maybe, if she doesn't know
what she's doing emotionally. The men,
not so much. Men are detached much
of the time during sex anyway, whether
they are paying for it or not. Most men
indulge in fantasies during sex that are
about women other than who they're
with. Women do this also, more and more,
or so I've read.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 21st, 2017 at 12:25:12 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: petroglyph
You seem unaware of how degrading sex can be in marriage.

No, the Church's take on sex in marriage
is that it's the most wonderful thing you
can ever experience. Anybody who's been
married over a month knows this is pure
fantasy, but that's the story the Church
is sticking with.
July 21st, 2017 at 1:09:05 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
I'm flabbergasted. What would it possibly due to help the child, the prostitute, anyone? This is just another example of a sex crazed culture that thinks without having sex you will die or be unfulfilled or live a sad life. That mentality is what is actually leading so many to die, be unfulfilled, and live a sad life. The young man will never have sex, is that so bad?

Let me make it clear that the arrangement should be consensual to everybody and the prostitute should understand the situation. However, I think we differ on the role of sexuality in general. Most people, especially young men, have a strong need for sex once in a while. I hate to bring this up, but I think the many child sex scandals in the church are born out of a denial of this.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
July 21st, 2017 at 5:41:28 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: petroglyph

Is it your position then that those that have sex for hire, should be shamed?

No, I think we should treat them like Jesus did. We should treat them with compassion and remind them that they are worth more than their body or what they look like. That they are truly loved unconditionally.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
July 21st, 2017 at 6:17:22 PM permalink
Evenbob
We should treat them with compassion and remind them that they are worth more than their body or what they look like. That they are truly loved unconditionally.

They can still do all that and sell sex,
if they have the right attitude about
it. Some of the more attractive ones
make over 6 figures a year.
July 21st, 2017 at 7:30:04 PM permalink
petroglyph
No, I think we should treat them like Jesus did. We should treat them with compassion and remind them that they are worth more than their body or what they look like. That they are truly loved unconditionally.
The 24 legal brothels in Nevada appreciate your support.
Page 9 of 10« First<678910>