Page 1 of 212>
Poll
4 votes (80%)
1 vote (20%)

5 members have voted

February 14th, 2013 at 12:32:27 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
Is this Photoshop magic or an unretouched image?

February 14th, 2013 at 1:10:41 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I don't know, but what about the image would make it photoshopped? While that might not be a real place, it doesn't seem like a necessarily impossible place.

She might actually be sitting in a chair in a room. But there are certainly people capable of sitting on the edge of immense heights untethered (not me though. I prefer a larger perimeter of safe solid ground around me generally!)
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 14th, 2013 at 1:18:34 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: rxwine
(not me though. I prefer a larger perimeter of safe solid ground around me generally!)

Likewise!

How about that credit card rewards commerciial where the girl climbs the rock? I wonder if it is faked somehow, but it would seem not. I have to tell you I would be terrified, hating heights, so if it is real hats off to her even if in truth she had little to do with getting up there. ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-hW4AOC0c4

warning: you may have to do your own search, as these get yanked off you tube after a while.

edit: if you can see this video, you find she is for real!
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
February 14th, 2013 at 1:32:24 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
I think she's not projecting any shadow...
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
February 14th, 2013 at 1:51:24 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: Nareed
I think she's not projecting any shadow...

Sure she is. Based on the shadow on the face of the rock, and also that on her chest, you can tell the sun is slightly behind and to the left (her right). That little tip of rock seen to her left is completely shadowed.

I say real. I'd do it. It's no different than sitting on a bench, but the picture is way cooler.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
February 14th, 2013 at 2:00:57 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Face
It's no different than sitting on a bench, but the picture is way cooler.

Ohh, okay, let's add a park bench with 30-40mph gusts of wind versus a ledge with same wind gusts. Which do you prefer?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 14th, 2013 at 2:05:02 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: rxwine
Ohh, okay, let's add a park bench with 30-40mph gusts of wind versus a ledge with same wind gusts. Which do you prefer?

Parks are rife with pigeons...
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
February 14th, 2013 at 6:56:16 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Ayecarumba
Is this Photoshop magic or an unretouched image?

I say photoshop. A few reasons:

1. The shadow in the water above her head does not look consistent with the shadow on the water below her.
2. The light and clearness of the day on the rock she is sitting on is not consistent with the background. The first looks clear and sunny and the rest partly cloudy.
3. It looks like there is nowhere for the photographer to stand with the sharp drop-off.
4. Look at how sharp the rock she is sitting on comes out in relation to the rest of the pic. You can almost see the cut-n-paste. If it were real there would be some transition.
5. If she were that far out the cliff would fall, it always happened when the coyote went out that far.
The President is a fink.
February 14th, 2013 at 7:22:04 PM permalink
rxwine
It could be completely fake (even the woman may not be a real person), but based on stuff people are taking pictures of these days a lot of people would say, yeah, seen it, been there...etc.,
^
|
|
(BTW, is any of that video I posted faked?)
February 15th, 2013 at 12:41:20 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Oh, come on, doubters, that isnt the most dare-devil thing anyone ever saw!

I wouldnt do it for love nor money, but....
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
Page 1 of 212>