Page 2 of 2<12
Poll
4 votes (80%)
1 vote (20%)

5 members have voted

February 15th, 2013 at 11:19:42 AM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
The rock outcropping is a real place, but I am not sure how this particular camera angle was achieved. If I didn't know it was a real place, I would say it was fake.
February 15th, 2013 at 2:38:48 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: rxwine
Quote: Face
It's no different than sitting on a bench, but the picture is way cooler.

Ohh, okay, let's add a park bench with 30-40mph gusts of wind versus a ledge with same wind gusts. Which do you prefer?

Sitting comfortably? Park bench. Photo op? This in a heartbeat.

I'm thinking it's mostly perception. You can see in the immediate foreground some land that falls away. I'd guess that if she were to fall, it'd be 40' at most. Injurious, but not deadly. Even if it wasn't, I'd do it. Mind over matter, no different than sitting at your desk, but with a cooler picture as a result.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
February 15th, 2013 at 3:01:24 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: Ayecarumba
The rock outcropping is a real place, but I am not sure how this particular camera angle was achieved. If I didn't know it was a real place, I would say it was fake.

Where is it? That's 90% of telling if it's fake or not.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
February 15th, 2013 at 3:17:59 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

Ohh, okay, let's add a park bench with 30-40mph gusts of wind versus a ledge with same wind gusts. Which do you prefer?

I'm thinking it's mostly perception. You can see in the immediate foreground some land that falls away. I'd guess that if she were to fall, it'd be 40' at most. Injurious, but not deadly. Even if it wasn't, I'd do it. Mind over matter, no different than sitting at your desk, but with a cooler picture as a result.

40' would kill you. 12' or so is the median for fatal falls.
The President is a fink.
February 15th, 2013 at 3:27:45 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: AZDuffman

40' would kill you. 12' or so is the median for fatal falls.

40' landing on an angle of the hill, not the same as 40' flat. I've fallen off a roof over 10 times, never suffered so much as a sprain.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
February 15th, 2013 at 3:44:47 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
[I've fallen off a roof over 10 times

I hope you've done a fair amount of roofing work, otherwise that sounds kinda high for falling off roofs.

I wouldn't consider climbing for a hobby anyway. : )
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 15th, 2013 at 4:03:13 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
Quote: TheCesspit
Where is it? That's 90% of telling if it's fake or not.

A remote spot in southern Norway known as Trolltunga.
February 15th, 2013 at 6:26:40 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23

That gives you all the elements for where the shot would have to be taken from, and what you'd see in the background.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
February 16th, 2013 at 7:19:38 PM permalink
MakingBook
Threads: 1
Quote: AZDuffman
If she were that far out the cliff would fall, it always happened when the coyote went out that far.

Yep. That clinches it for me. It's gotta be fake.
February 16th, 2013 at 8:51:31 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068

This boulder (in Norway) has a 3,228-foot drop below. The location is real, and it takes no special climbing gear to get there. All you need is guts. Plenty of people do it.

I should note that one of my friends raised all of his daughters to be unafraid of heights by exposing them to sheer cliffs from before they could walk. It petrifies me to see them do it (literally I cannot move), but they are not afraid at all. So the idea of sitting on a ledge thousands of feet above the ground (note that she is leaning backwards) is not universally terrifying.
Page 2 of 2<12