High End all inclusive Mexican resorts

Page 2 of 4<1234>
July 22nd, 2017 at 10:39:17 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Seems strange that each was found floating face down in pool but others who also drank did not get sick, so it would have to be Mickeys rather than adulterated booze. Parents were waiting for them in lobby and only later were told they had been taken to hospital. Daugher reported to have been foaming at the nose, son to have large bump on forehead.
July 22nd, 2017 at 11:07:21 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Never heard the words 'spring break' when
I was in college. There was an Easter holiday,
and nobody went away and made fools of
themselves, at least as far as I knew. But nobody
then acted like idiots at Halloween either.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 22nd, 2017 at 11:53:42 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
I stayed at the Hard Rock in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic for about five days, which is a huge all-inclusive resort. Personally, I thought the guests were quite well behaved. The average age of the guests would have been about 40. There were employees everywhere, which gave an impression of safety.

I don't know anything about this Mexico case. The guideline I would use to measure fault would be if they took reasonable measures to ensure the safety of their guests.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
July 22nd, 2017 at 1:32:15 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
But nobody then acted like idiots at Halloween either.

Good grief, how much I hate that holiday. It has now crept back to Labor Day, when the first Spirit store will open and THD will have Halloween stuff out in the garden center. Even hated it as a kid.
The President is a fink.
July 22nd, 2017 at 3:03:36 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Wood alcohol as a way to increase profits can happen in some areas. things like fusel oil have taken place in this country and are common in Southeast Asia, Mickey Finns seem more a specific rather than generalized weapon. Its twenty five dollars to have a bartender spike a girl's drink in Aruba, in the Mexican resorts it might be a way to ransack rooms safe from intrusion, so it would be bartender and maid collusion.

When a hurricane was about to hit a western Mexico resort there were massive surcharges for water, rapes, etc.

I guess resorts have problems but I'm sure that where tourism is king, there is very little police acknowledgement of crime.
July 22nd, 2017 at 4:04:58 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Wizard
I stayed at the Hard Rock in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic for about five days, which is a huge all-inclusive resort.

All inclusive resorts are more popular in the East Coast. The DR tends to attract older people than Cancun, although in this case the children were with their parents.

Iberostar Hotels & Resorts is 100% owned by an elderly Spanish billionaire, and only has expensive luxury resorts around the world.

United States (2 hotels) Miami Beach & Park Avenue Midtown
Spain (35 hotels)
Cuba (12 hotels)
Mexico (10 hotels)
Dominican Republic (6 hotels)
Tunisia (4 hotels)
Morocco (3 hotels)
Brazil (3 hotels)
Jamaica (3 hotels)
Greece (2 hotels)
Bulgaria (1 hotel)
Hungary (1 hotel)
Montenegro (1 hotel)
Cape Verde (1 hotel)
July 22nd, 2017 at 5:00:24 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Its not how rich the owner is or how hoity-toity the clientel, its how well paid are the employees and how well supervised.

Bartenders or waiters spiking drinks and maids using room keys do it for money.
July 23rd, 2017 at 3:30:16 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
there's an oversupply of the Mickey Finn stuff now that Cosby had to cut it out
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
July 23rd, 2017 at 4:03:36 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Fleastiff
Its not how rich the owner is or how hoity-toity the clientel, its how well paid are the employees and how well supervised.

That comment is certainly true. There is not a lot to be gained by drugging some street whore in a cheap bar. You go for the rich and able bodied.
July 23rd, 2017 at 8:23:17 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: Pacomartin
There is not a lot to be gained by drugging some street whore in a cheap bar. You go for the rich and able bodied.
Precisely. The cheap whore may not have much money on her but she will have a straight edge razor and she will know how to use it and be alert to someone trying to take her hard earned money from her. The rich person at a resort is relaxed rather than ultra=alert and likely to stay away from their room for extended periods of enjoying the resort's activities so the thieves have not only richer pickings but a longer time to search rooms for valuables.

Its the wealthy resorts that need house detectives and the like but often the resorts know that a few disgruntled robbery victims won't affect their income at all. So 'manana' police attitudes are encouraged.
Page 2 of 4<1234>