High End all inclusive Mexican resorts

Page 3 of 4<1234>
July 23rd, 2017 at 8:39:48 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
If I was at a resort in another country. No way I am getting wasted. I would not touch a single alcoholic drink. I would stick to pepsi or coke with no ice. If I want a buzz, i would simply vape on a THC vape pen. Another danger of drinking, you really dont know what you are getting unless its simply a bottle of beer.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 23rd, 2017 at 12:40:24 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: terapined
If I was at a resort in another country. .... I would not touch a single alcoholic drink. I would stick to pepsi or coke with no ice.

I can't imagine living life that conservatively. I am not a world traveler like others on here but I have probably been to at least eight other countries and not once was I concerned about being drugged. It is no different than being in any other place your are unfamiliar with, just always be aware of what is going on around you.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
July 23rd, 2017 at 1:35:35 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: DRich
I can't imagine living life that conservatively. I am not a world traveler like others on here but I have probably been to at least eight other countries and not once was I concerned about being drugged. It is no different than being in any other place your are unfamiliar with, just always be aware of what is going on around you.

I just don't drink alcohol. I love soft drinks.
I am not that conservative, its simply not my drug of choice.
I find alcohol too strong a drug. Something to do with my Asian blood
I prefer just a simple high where it cheers me up but does not waste me. THC :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 23rd, 2017 at 1:44:17 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: terapined
I prefer just a simple high where it cheers me up but does not waste me. THC :-)

THC refers to Tetrahydrocannabinols
Legislation allowing for low-THC, CBD-rich marijuana oil has been approved for limited use in 16 states. Cannabidiol (CBD) is one of the many chemicals in marijuana. Recent publicity about children who suffer from seizures benefitting from oil extracted from marijuana that has almost no THC has set off a wave of legislation. Now state reps can favor marijuana without the fear of people getting high from it. This explains why so many Republicans are sponsoring these bills.

Here's a state-by-state breakdown, in alphabetical order:
Alabama
On Apr. 1, 2014, Gov. Robert Bentley signed Carly's Law, named for three-year-old Carly Chandler, making Alabama the second state to legalize CBD oil. On Mar. 11, Alabama's Senate voted unanimously in favor of SB 174. The bill, sponsored by Republican Sen. Paul Sanford, calls for the University of Alabama to conduct research into cannibidiol's efficacy in treating neurological conditions such as epilepsy. UAB would be able to prescribe the oil to approved patients. One million dollars has been allocated for the study.

Georgia
HB 885, CBD oil legislation known as Haleigh's Hope Act (named for four-year-old Haleigh Cox), failed to receive a Senate vote after sailing through Georgia's House on Mar. 4, 2014. However, in May, Gov. Nathan Deal signed an executiuve order calling for a study. The British firm GW Pharmaceuticals and Georgia Regents University are collaborating on the research. The legislation was reintroduced for the 2015 session. The House passed it on Mar, 25, 2015. The bill covers eightt conditions, including seizures, cancer, MS, ALS, sickle cell and mitchondria. Gov. Deal signed the bill signed the bill into law on Apr. 16, 2015.

Indiana
On Apr. 27, 2017, Gov. Eric Holcomb signed into law legislation that allows people who suffer from seizures to use CBD oil as a treatment.

Iowa
On Apr. 9, 2014, the House Public Safety Committee passed a CBD oil bill by a 13-5 margin. The legislation, already been approved by the Senate, is strictly intended for patients with epilepsy or other seizure disorders. It allows for possession of a six-months supply (32 ounces) and calls for the University of Iowa to conduct a CBD study. Patients will need to go out-of-state (presumably to Colorado) to acquire the oil. Gov. Terry Branstad signed the bill into law on May 30, 2014.

Kentucky
On Apr. 11, 2014, Gov. Steve Beshear signed SB 124 into law, making Kentucky the third state to legalize CBD oil. On Mar. 12, Kentucky's Senate unanimously approved the bill, sponsored by Republican Sen. Julie Denton. On Mar, 26, the House did the same. The new law alows the University of Kentucky and University of Louisville med schools to conduct research into CBD oil and provide it to patients enrolled in the trial program.

MIssissippi
On Apr. 17, 2014, Gov. Phil Bryant signed a bill named for two-year-old Harper Grace Durval, making Mississippi the fifth state to legalize CBD oil. The bill calls for the National Center for Natural Products Research in Oxford to produce the medicine.

Missouri
On May 1, 2014, the Missouri House (136-12) and Senate (unanimous) passed CBD-only leglislation.The bill directs the state's Department of Agricultiure to set up a system for non-profit applicants to produyce the oil under Health and Senior Services guidelines. Patients who suffer from seizures must prove that other treatment regimens have failed. On July 18, Gov. Jay Nixon signed the bill on July 18, 2014.

North Carolina
On June 27, 2014 the state legislature passed CBD-oil bills (there was only on nay vote). The legislation calls for a trial study to be conducted by the state's top four universities - UNC, Duke, Wake Forest and East Carolina. Th primarry focus is making making the oil avaialble to youngsters who suffer from seizures. Neurologists are responsble for providing the medicine. Gov. Pat McCrory signed the bill into law into law on July 3, 2014.

Oklahoma
On Apr. 30, 2015, Gov. Mary Fallon signed CBD legislation into law. “This bill will help get sick children potentially life-changing medicine,” Fallin started. “By crafting the legislation in a way that allows for tightly controlled medical studies, we can ensure we are researching possible treatments in a responsible and scientific way. It is not marijuana, and it is not anything that can make you high. This law has been narrowly crafted to support highly supervised medical trials for children with debilitating seizures."

South Carolina
CBD oil legislation passed South Carolina's House (92-5) and Senate (unanimous), and became law on May 28, 2014 when Gov. Nikki Haley did not veto the bill, making South Carolina the seventh state to legalize CBD oil. Th bill requires a clinical trial to be established at the University of South Carolina.

Tennessee
In May 2014, Gov. Bill Haslam signed a bill that directs Tennessee Tech University to create a research program to study the efficacy of CBD oil used to prevent seizures, making Tennessee the sixth state to legalize CBD oil. The University is required to provide oil to other schools of medicine. All research must be completed by 2018.

Texas
On June 1, 2015, Gov. Greg Abbott signed CBD legislation into law.

Utah
On Mar. 25, 2014, Utah Gov. Gary Herbert signed HB 105 into law, making Utah the first state to legalize CBD oil. On Mar. 11, Utah's Senate unanimously passed the bill, sponsored by Republican Rep. Gage Froerer, which instructs the state's Department to Agriculture to grow low-THC industrial hemp for the purpose of producing cannabis oil. Known as the "Plants Extracts Amendment," the bill allows Utah resdients to acquire the medicine in Colorado and bring it back to Utah.

Virginia
After sailing through Virginia's Senate, the House version of SB 1235 received a unanimous 98-0 vote in favor on Feb. 10. The bill prevents patients from being prosecuted for using cannabis oil for seizure-related conditions. Democratic Gov. Terry McAuliffe signed CBD legislation into law on Feb. 26, 2015.

Wisconsin
On Apr. 16, 2014, Gov. Scott Walker signed AB 726 into law, making Wisconsin the fourth state to legalize CBD oil. It's unclear where and by whom the oil is going to be produced.

Wyoming
On June 30, 2015, House bill 32 went into effectt. The state Department of Health is required to create hemp extract registration cards and a confidential data base. A neurologist must first determine whether the patient is qualified to use cannabidiol.
Three other states have also weighed in on the CBD oil issue:

Florida
On Apr. 22, 2014, HB 843 passed the House Judiciary Committee by a 15-3 vote. The bill, sponsored by Republican Rep. Matt Gaetz, calls for "four regional orginizations around the state" to "grow, test and dispense" the oil. A patient registry would be created. Unlike other CBD legislation, HB 843 is not limited to seizure conditions; patients with Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, PTSD and cancer would also qualify. It was passed by a 111-17 margin on May 1. The Senate version passed the bill by a 36-3 margin on May 2. Gov. Rick Scott signed the bill into lawinth state to legalize CBD oil on June 16, 2014.
On Nov. 8, Florida voters to legalized medical marijuana.

Idaho
On Apr. 7, 2015, the Idaho House approved a CBD oil bill by a close 39-30 vote. Named for 11-year-old epilepsy patient Alexis Carey, the legislation would allow parents to possess up to 32 fluid ounces of liquid cannabidiol (max 15% CBD and .03% THC) to administer to chilldren who suffer from seizure disorders. On Apr. 16, 2015 Gov. Butch Otter vetoed the bill. However, he says he'll issue an executive order requiring the state's Department of Health and Welfare to study the effects of CBD oil pn epilepsy; this may lead to accees to the oil for children. But Idaho at this point sode not qualify as a CBD-legal state.

New York
On June 3, 2014, Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced that the state had entered into an agreement with GW Pharmaceuticals to investigate the efficacy of cannabidiol use by children suffering from the seizure disorders Dravet's syndrome and Lennox-Gastuat syndrome. The clinical trials are taking place at hospitals, universities and medical colleges. GW is already working with NYU's Langone Medical Center on a trial involving 60 children and their CBD product, Epidiolex.
New York passed a broader medical marijuana bill on June 20, 2014.
August 14th, 2017 at 11:21:01 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Mexican authorities confiscated 10,000 gallons of illicit booze and temporarily shut down two bars in Cancun. Among those suspended: the lobby bar in the Iberostar Paraiso Maya, a resort in the complex where Abbey Conner, a 20-year-old Wisconsin woman, drowned amid suspicious circumstances while on vacation with her family in January.

Presumably there will be no further investigation into whether Abbey and her brother were slipped roofies.

The Mexican government has long been aware of its problems with counterfeit and otherwise illicit alcohol. As much as 36% of the alcohol consumed in the country is illegal, according to a 2017 report by Euromonitor International. Estimates are that Americans spend a trillion dollars over the period of a decade on illegal drugs.
August 14th, 2017 at 11:21:01 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Mexican authorities confiscated 10,000 gallons of illicit booze and temporarily shut down two bars in Cancun. Among those suspended: the lobby bar in the Iberostar Paraiso Maya, a resort in the complex where Abbey Conner, a 20-year-old Wisconsin woman, drowned amid suspicious circumstances while on vacation with her family in January.

Presumably there will be no further investigation into whether Abbey and her brother were slipped roofies.

The Mexican government has long been aware of its problems with counterfeit and otherwise illicit alcohol. As much as 36% of the alcohol consumed in the country is illegal, according to a 2017 report by Euromonitor International. Estimates are that Americans spend a trillion dollars over the period of a decade on illegal drugs.
August 14th, 2017 at 2:21:30 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Pacomartin

I saw that on the booze. Even if you assume a good part of the moonshine goes to locals it is still a reason to avoid Mexico.
The President is a fink.
August 14th, 2017 at 3:19:38 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Illicit might mean untaxed or mislabled. It could also include utterly dangerous booze such as methyl alcohol. Some adulteration can take place at the retail level where a safe, though perhaps untaxed, bottle is 'stretched' by adding wood alcohol which eventually gets served in one or two doses. So perhaps the Brother and Sister were drugged by accident and the police moved against the problem they could easily find. Perhaps the Brother and Sister were drugged to keep them away from their room while a sneak thief did a leisurely job and the police took aim at what they could find. Its a crime that will never get solved. Resorts make money, police tread lightly but they do tread. Afterall, how do you think the police make their money?

Bathtub gin was common in NYC during the Prohibition Era and people made jokes about holding glassware in such a manner that if the booze ate through the glass, your hand did not get hurt.

Now "resort" would probably suggest a clientele with a somewhat educated palette, but as long as the first drink is Beefeaters who can tell that the second and third drinks are Bathtub? Also with all the pineapple, coconut stuff served down there, just how many discerning palettes would there be?
August 14th, 2017 at 3:34:35 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Quote: AZDuffman
Even if you assume a good part of the moonshine goes to locals it is still a reason to avoid Mexico.

Personally, I think you are better off simply drinking beer and tequila or mezcal. Wine and imported liquor is very expensive in Mexico.

There is some ultra cheap mezcal that you can buy where you bring your own bottle and they fill it up for a dollar. But you are not likely to buy that as a tourist.

A michelada is a Mexican cerveza preparada made with beer, lime juice, and assorted sauces, spices, and peppers. It is served in a chilled, salt-rimmed glass.

Drinking vodka or gin is very likely to get you moonshine. But it is not necessary to avoid Mexico over this case.
August 14th, 2017 at 4:36:55 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Pacomartin
Personally, I think you are better off simply drinking beer and tequila or mezcal. Wine and imported liquor is very expensive in Mexico.

Drinking vodka or gin is very likely to get you moonshine. But it is not necessary to avoid Mexico over this case.

I'm in no hurry to go anyhow. Bad booze, cartels, anti-gringo population. At most stop off on a cruise ship.
The President is a fink.
Page 3 of 4<1234>