Raised without Gender

Page 1 of 3123>
July 26th, 2017 at 3:55:14 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068

Most any adult knows that some people grow up thinking they were born the wrong gender. I have a half uncle (now half aunt).

But this whole "gender neutral" thing seems to be new to me.
July 26th, 2017 at 4:18:56 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Animals are of a certain gender, people of a certain sex although one that is not always obvious at birth.

No one seems to be gender neutral. McDonalds used to offer Happy Meals and the tiny little person that lives inside that speaker would always ask 'for a girl or boy'.
Shrinks run tests on an adult minding an infant. If dressed as a girl and referred to by a femine name, the infant is likely kept in one place; if dressed as a boy and given a masculine name the infant will be allowed to crawl around, explore his environment, pick up a variety of toys, etc.

Most personality comes from experiences and choices, not genetics. Redneck baptisms feature boys with cigars and jack daniels; girls with corona and winstons, but life experiences can yield college cheerleaders who wrestle gators or any other combination of traits. I posted before about that California girl who was seen as an aggressive driver in rural Kentucky.

Most womens lib organizations teach aggressiveness and many 'girls clubs' teach things like how to enter a room in a ladylike manner. Real life turns about to be a blend of learned behaviors. In Scandinavia women are rarely described as feminie or cute or attractive and little is attributed to sex be it male, female, intersex or whatever. Swedish schools tend to be officially sex neutral but girls do complain that boys just want to answer first even if its a wrong answer whereas girls tend to think first and try to give the right answer. Finand schools are now so non-authoritative that parents pay extra to have children attend schools that enforce discipline in a class room.

Now, I've got to go thru several steps to get this old clunker to display the video instead of a blank space, so I'll now go see just what it is I'm responding to once I close this panel

This Cis Trans stuff is similar to Autistics who developed the Neural Typical label for non-autistics, a political attempt to assert their own situations as simply a situsation of no greater right or wrong value.

Hormonal excesses, tumors, whatnot may make things difficult but no one is utterly neutral. That young boy who was to be circumcised but an electric instrument turned his penis into scar tissue could be raised as a boy without a penis but the parents were advised to 'go all the way surgically' and raise him as a girl. He always wanted urinate while standing and had other masculine traits despite doctors assuring the parents that everything was culturally learned not inborn.
July 26th, 2017 at 6:04:30 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Pacomartin

Because it is totally new, and absurd. Made up as an offshoot of the feminist movement in the 1960s, it is now a symptom of a sickly and collapsing society.

You are born male of female, that's it. Yes, there are a very, very small amount of birth defects giving the wrong internal/external organs. This is not the case with most "gneder bending" folks. No matter how much he has been cut up, Bruce Jenner is still a male. Go off his hormones and he will return to form. You cannot run from what you were born.

Facebook has some large number of "gneders" for people who do not know or understand you are male or female. Binary choice. In modern society to say that is not PC.

The feminist movement was also an attack on manliness. Since then, men who act manly get tagged as "neanderthals" by the feminists and their friends in the media. Meanwhile, women are told they can "have it all" (they can't, choices must be made) and are told they are worthless if they stay home with the kids. Remember Hillary Clinton's condescending remark about baking cookies?

So, men get confused about being men, women about being women. They are told from birth they are "interchangeable." Nature shows otherwise.

A few years back some Canadian couple made the news for not telling anyone if their child was a boy or a girl. Some other couple had their boy loving to wear dresses to the playground. This is a recipe for turning out adults who will need a decade of therapy assuming they do not end up a woman acting like a tramp or a guy hooked on drugs and probably an eventual prison punk to male inmates.

Nature cannot be beaten in the long term.
The President is a fink.
July 26th, 2017 at 7:36:12 AM permalink
Pacomartin
When I used to teach high school mathematics forty years ago, there was a lot of research into skills which may be gender related. Any topic like that is inherently controversial, as people generally want to believe that any differences are the result of environmental upbringing.

Of course, forty years ago you didn't have "nerd hot" images.
July 26th, 2017 at 8:58:30 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

You mean like the concept of androgyny? That's not new.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 26th, 2017 at 9:20:56 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Certainly singers affect an androgynous look forty years ago, but I always associated it with a stage persona or a choice made as an adult.

While the idea of raising children not to adhere to stereotypes (boys play with dolls, and girls play with trucks) has been fairly common for a half a century; I don't remember anybody raising their children to be gender neutral.
July 26th, 2017 at 10:59:57 AM permalink
rxwine
Certainly singers affect an androgynous look forty years ago, but I always associated it with a stage persona or a choice made as an adult.

I assume both sexuality and gender don't always sit at extreme ends. Just as bisexuality bisects sexuality.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 26th, 2017 at 11:01:42 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
What a stupid idea. People with gender confusion have enough issues; why purposefully add more confused folks?

Everyone gets a trophy...
Everyone is a winner...
Everyone is gender non-specific...

This won't help a damned thing.
July 26th, 2017 at 11:20:18 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: RonC
What a stupid idea. People with gender confusion have enough issues; why purposefully add more confused folks?

Everyone gets a trophy...
Everyone is a winner...

Misery loves company.
The President is a fink.
July 26th, 2017 at 11:37:18 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: RonC

It's not about you.
Page 1 of 3123>