Smoothie Detox with AZDuffman

Page 2 of 4<1234>
August 9th, 2017 at 12:20:47 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: rxwine
I can't imagine adding sugar or artificial sugar -- but I can drink any fruit or vegetable concoction -- even heavy green, tart, whatever.
Ever have a milk shake, chocolate milk, soda pop, fruit juice, gatorade, kool aid? What about V-8 or tomato juice, grape juice, orange or apple juice? Coffee or Latte's? No guilt here for making a smoothie more palatable. I use "Sweetleaf" organic Stevia when things are just to off to go down, it is simply the best sweetener for you. I just got to eat my first crunchy vegetable in a year, [lettuce] it was nearly orgasmic, but I did aspirate.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
August 9th, 2017 at 12:41:04 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: petroglyph
Ever have a milk shake, chocolate milk, soda pop, fruit juice, gatorade, kool aid? What about V-8 or tomato juice, grape juice, orange or apple juice? Coffee or Latte's? No guilt here for making a smoothie more palatable. I use "Sweetleaf" organic Stevia when things are just to off to go down, it is simply the best sweetener for you. I just got to eat my first crunchy vegetable in a year, [lettuce] it was nearly orgasmic, but I did aspirate.

Did you always need something to make it palatable? I mean I don't. That's all I'm saying. It's not a contest. I just don't need it.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 9th, 2017 at 12:49:27 PM permalink
petroglyph
Did you always need something to make it palatable?
No, I ate my wifes cooking for years. pa da dump.

I eat stuff that isn't enjoyable at all. I have struggled to maintain weight and nutrition. I don't even like sugar, can't believe it is so suggested by hospitals in the ensure drinks they send home with people.

I like tart at times. I have just been stuck on a nectar thick diet so long and my food choices are pretty limited, I try to change flavors around. I even put an in and out burger in a blender. First three sips were ok, the rest tasted like the grill. I haven't been able to eat meat so protein has been difficult. And I do get tired of the way protein powders taste, but I need the protein. I hate spinach, always have but I put it frozen into smoothies. I always ate things that didn't appeal to me. I have taught myself that way to like lots of different foods. It's just that swallowing is a bitch now. I even went to swallow therapy.
August 9th, 2017 at 2:09:02 PM permalink
petroglyph
I just don't need it.
I wished I didn't have to eat sugar
August 9th, 2017 at 2:35:58 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
I use frozen Mango's, or other fancy fruit precut from Safeway. I've even thrown in Avacado's, or some quality fat. Sometimes a bit of cocanut. I can't do berries anymore as I choke on them. I recommend using "Jay Robb" protein powder. I was stuck on a liquid diet for months. I discovered for awhile I hadn't been giving my self any salt and my blood pressure dropped way down. Hard to get enough protein without supplementing.

I like mine cold, the frozen fruit helps that. If they end up to tart, I add Stevia. But the Jay Robb is sweet as well. As you know there are powdered vitamins just for these, but I never liked the taste.

Working with a few of these things. I have over a month for the full deal, so doing little by little while I clear out the fridge. I will not use any kind of powder or other item you get at GNC in a small drum. I don't see how that can be good for you.

I have stevia growing, going to learn to modulate it soon. If it works, I will grow a lot of it next year, this year just did one plant, which is splitting on its own.
The President is a fink.
August 9th, 2017 at 4:06:26 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I wished I didn't have to eat sugar

Who says you have to, it's absolutely the
worst thing for you. Read up on it, it's
literally killing people and causing
disease. Should have a skull and crossbones
on every packet or bag.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 9th, 2017 at 4:40:11 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Sugar industry did far worse things than Big Tobacco even contemplated doing.

For an interesting diet from an attractive young novelist (about sex toys, etc.) at U of Miami:

http://www.grubstreet.com/2017/08/alissa-nutting-grub-street-diet.html

Oh,,, also: horsemeat restaurant opening in NYC soon.
August 9th, 2017 at 5:08:15 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: Evenbob
Who says you have to, it's absolutely the
worst thing for you. Read up on it, it's
literally killing people and causing
disease. Should have a skull and crossbones
on every packet or bag.
Yeah I consider it poison. I didn't have it in me to find an alternative I could swallow to keep my calories over 2k per day so I didn't starve. Now I am eating more solid food, but still constantly aspirate from dysphagia caused by radiation. The nerves to my epiglottis haven't healed properly so a portion of anything that goes in my mouth ends up in my lungs.

I was in a minority percentage that refused a feeding tube. If I would have gotten one, I would have ended up living on ensure type liquids that will go through a tube. Those are really high in sugar. My nutrition is better than commercially premade, but still to much sugar in it. I'm a bit U-scrayed on my diet. I pretty much lived on yams for 4 months this year and maybe 6 months last year. I blend them with milk to liquify them and add cinnamon and maybe brown sugar.

It was taking around 15 minutes to consume a pancake. I spent a whole lot of time and still do, trying to get enough calories. A couple knowledgeable medical people said some of my smoothies were taking more calories to consume [especially cold] than I was getting out of them. It was pretty scary, I was starving and eating all day. Have to eat some disgusting sugar. Brown is better than white.
August 9th, 2017 at 5:14:21 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: Fleastiff
Oh,,, also: horsemeat restaurant opening in NYC soon.
A local meat market when I was a kid sold horsemeat. We ate some. No big deal, but the round roasts I remember were huge.
August 9th, 2017 at 5:24:13 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: AZDuffman
I will not use any kind of powder or other item you get at GNC in a small drum. I don't see how that can be good for you.
Can't be much worse than a big mac? It's always best to eat fresh and probably organic or at least good farm practices. It takes a crap ton of energy to keep at it for me.

Quote:
I have stevia growing, going to learn to modulate it soon. If it works, I will grow a lot of it next year,
Cool. Once your taste buds get used to Stevia, all other sweeteners taste funky. I usually use honey, but kind of lost my intensity for honey over everything else when I read up about so much counterfeit honey. It PO'd me after spending years avoiding sugar and using honey to find out, some of it was probably karo syrup and sugar.
Page 2 of 4<1234>