Smoothie Detox with AZDuffman

Page 3 of 4<1234>
August 10th, 2017 at 3:32:10 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: petroglyph
Can't be much worse than a big mac? It's always best to eat fresh and probably organic or at least good farm practices. It takes a crap ton of energy to keep at it for me.

The way I see it, at least a Big Mac is all natural foods. Without the sauce, the calories drop way down. Those powders, ugh. Used to see the gym rats gobbling them up. Why not just put some eggs or egg whites in their beverage?

Cool. Once your taste buds get used to Stevia, all other sweeteners taste funky. I usually use honey, but kind of lost my intensity for honey over everything else when I read up about so much counterfeit honey. It PO'd me after spending years avoiding sugar and using honey to find out, some of it was probably karo syrup and sugar.

Hopefully I am updating on honey next year this time. It is a slog, but am making use of my yard. Bees, mint, lemon balm, strawberry plants, several berry bushes, and a cherry tree. That would give what, 7 potential ingredients I can pick at least part of the year?

Today I trued adding some lemon balm. Didn't use quite enough, calibration is all about experimenting. These things never, ever look as good as in the pictures. Today the taste was neutral, not great not awful. I just know the nutrition is what I need. The other hard part is most sites I have checked out say don't go nuts with to many base ingredients, balance 2-3 flavors at most.
The President is a fink.
August 10th, 2017 at 7:18:48 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Maybe try something else from the spice rack to adjust the taste? Cinnamon?

I'm sure Col. Saunders was just throwing crap together when he came up with 11 herbs and spices recipe. Look where it got him. DEAD? Okay, before that.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 10th, 2017 at 9:05:11 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Ain't no eleven herbs and spices, just sugar, salt and pepper.

Spices should generally be carefully chosen. Cumin with meat, Difuronyl Methane ( Tumeric ) for antioxidants particularly dissolvable in oils, flower petals for eyesight or cardiac problems, etc. Parsely, pepper to provide piperdine as a solvent. If seeds must be avoided, use grape oil and sesame oil in minute quantities. Olive oil for vegetables. Oxidized garlic. Black garlic on occasion. If you can't risk pommegranate seeds, try pommegranate candy from a middle east market.
August 10th, 2017 at 11:33:00 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: AZDuffman
The way I see it, at least a Big Mac is all natural foods.
Remember Subway getting caught putting some kind of rubberizer in their bread? http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/27/shoe-rubber-chemical-foods-subway_n_4861577.html I eat occasionally at Mickey D's but it's not my first choice. When I travel I like their coffee and clean restrooms. I even try to remember to take napkins in the lav with me because they still use those hot air hand dryers, that just blow farts on your hands to dry them.

You and I exchanged a couple years ago about MD's milkshakes, the ingredients change. Last time I looked there was no dairy in them. Md's uses "pink slime" I believe for both their burger meat and chicken? Mechanically separated with high pressure ammonia? I have a good friend that sells bakery products in mass quantity's, and we talk about what the chemicals on food labels really are. Crazy stuff, clay and 4 kinds of sugar in most everything. Processed food is processed food, stabilizers added. I don't order fast food expecting organic health food, I doubt whether any of them are much different than the other? I liked whatever Taco Bell was using for meat in their burrito's until the last bust, now they are probably more meat related products that don't taste as well, at least to me.

Quote:
Those powders, ugh. Used to see the gym rats gobbling them up. Why not just put some eggs or egg whites in their beverage?
We are doing near the best we can. I eat eggs sometimes twice per day, it is one thing I can swallow that has protein. Each egg is around 6-7 grams of protein. The body needs it to heal. I have read studies and talked with nutritionists and doctors about how much protein I needed. It was a tough answer to get actually.

I came up with if someone is trying to heal from something, a good target amount of protein is 1/2 gram, for every pound of body weight. ymmv So I would need to eat around a dozen eggs per day.

Unless you are living out of your own garden or spend time at a farmer's market, we are probably eating processed food. I have about thrown in the towel and found a tv dinner that I can wash down. Mostly mashed potato's. not sure what the meat substance is? Imitation Salisbury steak, supposedly ?

I went organic or best farm practices for quite a while, went nuts on vitamins and getting the best ones I could find. Clean, properly balanced ph water, and monitored my own ph daily and then weekly. I also took weekly IV's of vitamins and alternative medicine trying to fend off cancer. I still got cancer.

The flower used to make the buns is processed. It looks like the powder in supplements? I researched protein supplements and decided on this one: https://www.altprotein.com/review-analyzing-jay-robb-whey-isolate-protein/ It tastes ok, but I need variety, don't like the same flavor every meal. IDK if it's a good idea or a waste of time and money. I think what most people are getting out of a fancy diet is hope. Eat the best food we can find and discover the bottled water is killing us by leaching BPA into our drinking water, or some fast food joint is using rubber ingredients and mad cow meat in their sandwich's. https://thetruthaboutcancer.com/is-bottled-water-safe/

As long as you are doing a detox, how about trying an IV Chelation? http://www.webmd.com/balance/tc/chelation-therapy-topic-overview#1 Might be just the trick to ward those stones away?

Quote:
Hopefully I am updating on honey next year this time. It is a slog, but am making use of my yard. Bees, mint, lemon balm, strawberry plants, several berry bushes, and a cherry tree. That would give what, 7 potential ingredients I can pick at least part of the year?
Very nice.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
August 11th, 2017 at 12:33:28 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Since you said you don't like F&Vs, maybe you should try dropping a beef bullion cube in it for taste.. Gross to me, but who knows.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 15th, 2017 at 5:17:04 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Read about putting some grenadine in to knock out the green taste. Stuff is mostly HFCS so not keen to use it but felt lousy last night and didn't pick any mint. Good news is just a capfull gives a nice taste. Bad news is it is still HFCS, so might be a solution in wintertime.
The President is a fink.
August 15th, 2017 at 2:10:21 PM permalink
Fleastiff
You can get a pre-seeded micro tray of mint greens sent to your home for less than eight bucks... and pick the mint leaves from your kitchen counter.
August 15th, 2017 at 2:27:51 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Fleastiff
You can get a pre-seeded micro tray of mint greens sent to your home for less than eight bucks... and pick the mint leaves from your kitchen counter.

I have a huge plant in the yard, lemon balm, too,
The President is a fink.
August 16th, 2017 at 7:18:46 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: AZDuffman
I have a huge plant in the yard, lemon balm, too,
Good, but I was reacting to your failure to pick the leaves which might be due to temperature or stooping, so I thought an air conditioned kitchen counter would be a possible solution.
August 16th, 2017 at 7:18:47 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Darn this double clicking mouse. And double darn this disconnected wire that is not disconceted at all.
Any way enjoy the smoothies/slurpees whatever. Hope things work out well. Sometimes our small appliances work wonders and sometimes they are annoyingly devilish.
Page 3 of 4<1234>