May 28th, 2019 at 6:59:57 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Chernobyl on HBONOW
Highest rated series ever on IMDB
71,199 votes
9.7 out of 10 stars
I agree. Its that good
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 3rd, 2019 at 1:31:24 PM permalink
terapined
Binging on Deadwood now
Its pretty good.
Want to watch the series before watching the streaming movie that just came out
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 3rd, 2019 at 2:59:30 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: terapined
Binging on Deadwood now
Its pretty good.
Want to watch the series before watching the streaming movie that just came out
I'm doing the same thing, we are on the last episode before watching the finale. This is the fourth time I've watched the series. It has almost a cult following, I've ran into several people that bought the dvd's and binge on them prior to getting HBO.

I recall the episodes well enough from before to notice the parts they HBO has edited out. I think it really takes away from the overall enjoyment of the series. They cut out some really good scenes and left in some crap, imo. Fantastic wordsmithing.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
June 3rd, 2019 at 3:21:48 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: petroglyph

I recall the episodes well enough from before to notice the parts they HBO has edited out.

What did they leave out. I have
it on DVD.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 3rd, 2019 at 3:53:46 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Evenbob
What did they leave out. I have
it on DVD.
The fight scene with Bullock and the indian was chopped down I believe. Also when the towns leaders were sitting in the gem, the method that the leaders used to determine who would take each leadership position, Bullock for sheriff, EB for mayor etc. That was a good scene where they had peaches and decided that Utter would be fire marshall,

I think in maybe ep. # 11 season 3 where now there is part of the scene when Swearengen tells the whores to show respect for Wu when he steps out of the room, where he had just told Wu to get his forces to Deadwood, I think part of that was left out just prior to when Wu walked down the hall? and possibly the ladies fawning over Wu when he stepped out of the room?

added; I think the original had some footage on Bullock doing some carpentry building the house.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
June 3rd, 2019 at 5:24:31 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: petroglyph
I'm doing the same thing, we are on the last episode before watching the finale. This is the fourth time I've watched the series. It has almost a cult following,.

Cool, got a ton of entertainment in front of me, just 1/2 through episode 4 season 1
June 3rd, 2019 at 7:02:59 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Cool, got a ton of entertainment in front of me, just 1/2 through episode 4 season 1

I've seen season one 20 times at
least. Ricky Jay has a role, he just
died a few weeks ago. Titus
Welliver (Bosch) has a recurring
role. The actor who plays McCall,
who shoots Wild Bill, shows up
as a completely different character
in season 2.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 4th, 2019 at 6:34:07 AM permalink
terapined
Final episode of HBONOW Chernobyl
The trial of those in charge of the plant
The series 1st episode started with the explosion.
Now we see what happened in the control room prior to the explosion
As usual, very gripping
They ended with documentary footage below

June 6th, 2019 at 2:16:11 PM permalink
terapined
Apparently Russia is not happy with the HBO Chernobyl series
They are planning their own show and this time, they are going all in on being honest about what caused the accident
Of course Russia is blaming the USA
WTF

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/kzmpvw/russia-is-making-its-own-chernobyl-blaming-america-for-the-whole-thing?fbclid=IwAR0wgfIu0DfjnVoIppFZsNtAiq8t_knKo6oB52HNBh7NqyYd3EEjY4Qtd9A
June 6th, 2019 at 3:11:39 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Of course Russia is blaming the USA
So did you expect the blame would be directed towards Putin?
Page 3 of 5<12345>