Netflix Reviving "Arrested Development"

February 17th, 2013 at 8:02:48 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Netflix made it's first mini-series starring Kevin Spacey, and is now reviving the series "Arrested Development" after 5 years in cancellation.

The move has spawned a rash of speculation as to which cult favorite series might be revivied.

Any favorites out there? Keep in mind that as Nathan Fillion's approaches 100 episodes of Castle, he is now earning $100 Thousand Per Episode
February 17th, 2013 at 12:13:34 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: Pacomartin
Netflix made it's first mini-series starring Kevin Spacey, and is now reviving the series "Arrested Development" after 5 years in cancellation.

The move has spawned a rash of speculation as to which cult favorite series might be revivied.

Any favorites out there? Keep in mind that as Nathan Fillion's approaches 100 episodes of Castle, he is now earning $100 Thousand Per Episode

So not Firefly then... :)

Wasn't Lillehammer Netflix's own production as well?

I wonder who and what next into this space, if they can prove it a different, yet viable method of mass media distribution?
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
February 17th, 2013 at 1:56:20 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Quote: TheCesspit
So not Firefly then... :) Wasn't Lillehammer Netflix's own production as well?

I wonder who and what next into this space, if they can prove it a different, yet viable method of mass media distribution?

LillyHammer (deliberately mispelled) was the first Netflix TV series

The stars of Arrested Development are all very successful in general, but they are not attached to a running TV series, and most of them may not be available for the Netflix reboot (Jason Bateman, Portia de Rossi, Will Arnett, and Michael Cera).

Nathan Fillion's TV show has the second highest number of episodes of any scripted show on ABC. Usually at this point the star gets a lot of money because the show will sell in syndication. It would be difficult for him to make a second tv series.

But there is a possibility that Netflix may make movies as well.

episodes ABC scripted show
47 Happy Endings
13 Malibu Country
37 Last Man Standing
16 The Neighbors
29 Body of Proof
35 Revenge
95 Castle with Nathan Fillion
13 Nashville
35 Suburgatory
86 The Middle
35 Once Upon A Time
20 Scandal
187 Grey's Anatomy
86 Modern Family

cancelled
Don't Trust The B---- in Apt 23
Last Resort
Private Practice
666 Park Avenue
February 17th, 2013 at 2:21:45 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
I would have suspected that Firefly/Serenity as a series of moves might more sense than a TV show.

I do watch all my TV through Netflix now, but the major advantage is watching a lot of the stuff that's filter through time and got some critical acclamation (friends or professional).
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
February 17th, 2013 at 5:46:59 PM permalink
Pacomartin
It looks like the first series have already been picked out. Only "Arrested Development" will be a continuation of network series.